How to be a MOnster

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 254
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby PTG » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:26 pm

And after that, watch these:








Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1399
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 pm

PTG wrote:
Mira wrote:I don't know how much time i spent on this board.. i started this path with my friends and everybody left. Well, they left a while ago :lol:
I stressed out every guy on the forum, you gave me everything and i still can't figure it out.

When i dream is about charts.. just to let you know how it goes :shock:

So what's the problem? Many times i think that it may could be my poor English that creates a sort of 'barrier', other times i think that i'm just too stupid to understand #-o


Patience. This may take a while. And while you learn, trade small with some money on the line, but trade. And evaluate your trades.


Thanks PTG

Thank you for helping and for sharing useful material! I'm going to watch the video tomorrow. I'm not giving up so easily :smt077 :lol:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1129
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1044
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby LeMercenaire » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Mira wrote:I don't know how much time i spent on this board.. i started this path with my friends and everybody left. Well, they left a while ago :lol:
I stressed out every guy on the forum, you gave me everything and i still can't figure it out.

When i dream is about charts.. just to let you know how it goes :shock:

So what's the problem? Many times i think that it may could be my poor English that creates a sort of 'barrier', other times i think that i'm just too stupid to understand #-o

Mira, you may be many things but stupid isn't one if them.

You are thinking too much. Simple as that.

Most, if not all, of the information you now are trying to make sense of works - but you seem to me to be trying to make use if it all at the same time.

I know this is going to be easier said than done - but if you are genuinely drowning here, you need to get out of the water.

You need to flush it all and reset your mind.

Pippy just posted the perfect video for you. My quote from MO elsewhere covers the same ground.

See Line, Trade Line.

Hell, wait for a candle to close. Hit buy or sell. What you do NEXT will determine whether you are successful. At its heart, that is what you have to come to terms with.

How about this:

Look for an area of contraction.
Price at an extreme - in a DWZ for instance adds weight.
Price at/in/approaching/leaving a Supply or Demand Zone.

Trade it. Pull the trigger.

The entry is as subtle as you want to make it. Charts are fractal - price is not.

Everything else is fluff.

Stop punishing yourself. That stuff you are drowning in isn't water, it's negativity.

C'mon, you can do this.

tom7ak
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:10 pm
Reputation: 154
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby tom7ak » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:06 am

Mira u do know that you know more than enough to be on top of this game, don`t u? I don`t believe there is only one way - rather infinite number of Them. My problem - I don`t stick to one.

Me thinking (hehe my poor English) - way too much. Instead of focusing on sth I know - i follow distractions and/or entertainment. Is it a decision point where I am to pick money or fun?

momentum = mass x velocity
velocity = speed + direction

If all TFs are the same, then it should not matter what TF we follow.

Thanks for posting here. It`s always a pleasure to visit your thread.
Attachments
WIP.png
WIP.png (18.56 KiB) Viewed 594 times

thepark
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 61
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby thepark » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:50 pm

IgazI wrote:
thepark wrote:hi guys

ive been trading a lot lately but never really put eights into practice. i did so this week and the results made my question whether i actually do.
i start off with 8 lines and risk 2 lines to make 2 lines, r:r is 1 to 1. if everytime i win i adjust my lot size by 10/8*(current lot size) and when i lose i adjust by 6/7*(current lot size) this means that not matter how many times ive won, it will take two losses in a row to wipe out my entire profit. am i missing something here? doesnt seem like a viable strategy


Counting your chips after each trade is not something that you do when you are stacking: you have 8 lines on the table, 2 are in the middle, and if you lose then you are still playing the game. As your stack increases, & you use your size to bully the other players, 1 of 2 things are going to happen: a. they are going to end up with all of your chips or b. you are going to clean out everyone at the table .

The profit is spread over 8 lines when you stack (10 lines over 8) so each trade loses 2/8 of your profit (OPM).

It is 'OPM' while you are stacking and 'profit' after you reach your profit goal and unpack your risk-box.

In the beginning your total risk is 8 lines so a target of 8 is 1:1 but after you stack the first time it is 1.25:1
0. 1.00 or +200
1. 1.25 or +250
2. 1.56 or +312
3. 1.95 or +390
4. 2.44 or +488
5. 3.05 or +610

If your account size is 10000 & 8 lines is 200 then -8 lines is (10000 - 200) no matter how many times you stack.
Your risk is 200 but is your reward still 200? No, because you raised the potential energy by increasing your position size.

~2 lines is a minimum target: you could make 14 lines at triple size and make 1067.50/200 or 5.333:1 in one trade.

Reintroducing lines:
If you don't add a line back in then you are out in 4 trades or less (8, 6, 4, 2, 0) and if you do then your box is much more durable and can withstand up to 7 consecutive losses (8, 6+1, 5+1, 4+1, 3+1, 2+1, 1+1, 0); it is something that is good to do but not something that you absolutely have to do after each trade.


great post.

thinking about it more... you could keep stacking forever if you have a positive expectancy right? but by resetting the risk box you are "taking profit" on this whole series of trades you've won and dramatically decreases your portfolio's downward volatility. your reset lot size will be based on the new fund value*0.025 over 8 lines.

Couldnt you just use 21.18percent as a MO's waypoints? or is there a better profit goal/waypoint.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1399
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:41 pm

PTG wrote:And after that, watch these:









Guys, thanks to everybody! I spent all day focusing on your posts.

Then I watched all the II videos, was he Bradin?
However, nice that I found a confirmation about the patterns that I’m already trading. By the way is not what you trade, but HOW you trade! :wink:

I wanted to post this chart because I have a question, If someone can help me: what makes this pattern a continuation pattern and not a reversal? Is it because it haven’t made a LL after the break-in?
And: looking at the same pattern with a bullish bias, hadn’t the price closed below the line before definitively closing above?

Thanks again!

47AF09E3-C7C0-466A-9778-93D4B43030B6.png
47AF09E3-C7C0-466A-9778-93D4B43030B6.png (69.47 KiB) Viewed 514 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1129
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1044
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Mira wrote:
PTG wrote:And after that, watch these:









Guys, thanks to everybody! I spent all day focusing on your posts.

Then I watched all the II videos, was he Bradin?
However, nice that I found a confirmation about the patterns that I’m already trading. By the way is not what you trade, but HOW you trade! :wink:

I wanted to post this chart because I have a question, If someone can help me: what makes this pattern a continuation pattern and not a reversal? Is it because it haven’t made a LL after the break-in?
And: looking at the same pattern with a bullish bias, hadn’t the price closed below the line before definitively closing above?

Thanks again!

47AF09E3-C7C0-466A-9778-93D4B43030B6.png


My tuppence-worth.

Closed above, then retest, then continuation. Though yeah, it was a deep penetration on the retest. However, as you say, there were no lower lows, so if you'd gone in early, you would have been reasonably confident holding it.

I'd have bailed if the retest / break below had formed lower lows / lower highs.

User avatar
PTG
rank: 500+ posts
rank: 500+ posts
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 pm
Reputation: 254
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby PTG » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:13 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
PTG wrote:And after that, watch these:

bla


Guys, thanks to everybody! I spent all day focusing on your posts.

Then I watched all the II videos, was he Bradin?
However, nice that I found a confirmation about the patterns that I’m already trading. By the way is not what you trade, but HOW you trade! :wink:

I wanted to post this chart because I have a question, If someone can help me: what makes this pattern a continuation pattern and not a reversal? Is it because it haven’t made a LL after the break-in?
And: looking at the same pattern with a bullish bias, hadn’t the price closed below the line before definitively closing above?

Thanks again!

47AF09E3-C7C0-466A-9778-93D4B43030B6.png


My tuppence-worth.

Closed above, then retest, then continuation. Though yeah, it was a deep penetration on the retest. However, as you say, there were no lower lows, so if you'd gone in early, you would have been reasonably confident holding it.

I'd have bailed if the retest / break below had formed lower lows / lower highs.


Yes, Bredin. Many posts on Kreslik too for more inspiration.

Closed above indeed and one could be inclined I suppose to anticipate a reversal pattern (and I hope I understood your question right) which on H1 wouldn't have resulted in a short (if you waited for a close below) but on M15 might have which would have resulted in a loss, but then you get a continuation pattern a little later (on M15) for a long.

2018-03-31_0142.png
2018-03-31_0142.png (49.92 KiB) Viewed 485 times

2018-03-31_0158.png
2018-03-31_0158.png (57.69 KiB) Viewed 485 times

2018-03-31_0209.png
2018-03-31_0209.png (57.73 KiB) Viewed 485 times

User avatar
LeMercenaire
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1129
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 1044
Gender: None specified

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:28 am

PTG wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
Mira wrote:
Guys, thanks to everybody! I spent all day focusing on your posts.

Then I watched all the II videos, was he Bradin?
However, nice that I found a confirmation about the patterns that I’m already trading. By the way is not what you trade, but HOW you trade! :wink:

I wanted to post this chart because I have a question, If someone can help me: what makes this pattern a continuation pattern and not a reversal? Is it because it haven’t made a LL after the break-in?
And: looking at the same pattern with a bullish bias, hadn’t the price closed below the line before definitively closing above?

Thanks again!

47AF09E3-C7C0-466A-9778-93D4B43030B6.png


My tuppence-worth.

Closed above, then retest, then continuation. Though yeah, it was a deep penetration on the retest. However, as you say, there were no lower lows, so if you'd gone in early, you would have been reasonably confident holding it.

I'd have bailed if the retest / break below had formed lower lows / lower highs.


Yes, Bredin. Many posts on Kreslik too for more inspiration.

Closed above indeed and one could be inclined I suppose to anticipate a reversal pattern (and I hope I understood your question right) which on H1 wouldn't have resulted in a short (if you waited for a close below) but on M15 might have which would have resulted in a loss, but then you get a continuation pattern a little later (on M15) for a long.

2018-03-31_0142.png
2018-03-31_0158.png
2018-03-31_0209.png


Yeah, I should have said that I hadn't considered lower tf information, only H1.

User avatar
Mira
rank: 1000+ posts
rank: 1000+ posts
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 pm
Reputation: 1399
Gender: Male

Re: How to be a MOnster

Postby Mira » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
PTG wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
My tuppence-worth.

Closed above, then retest, then continuation. Though yeah, it was a deep penetration on the retest. However, as you say, there were no lower lows, so if you'd gone in early, you would have been reasonably confident holding it.

I'd have bailed if the retest / break below had formed lower lows / lower highs.


Yes, Bredin. Many posts on Kreslik too for more inspiration.

Closed above indeed and one could be inclined I suppose to anticipate a reversal pattern (and I hope I understood your question right) which on H1 wouldn't have resulted in a short (if you waited for a close below) but on M15 might have which would have resulted in a loss, but then you get a continuation pattern a little later (on M15) for a long.

2018-03-31_0142.png
2018-03-31_0158.png
2018-03-31_0209.png


Yeah, I should have said that I hadn't considered lower tf information, only H1.


Thanks guys!

Both the analysis makes great sense and I just feel a little better. :D

You have no idea how much helps knowing where a profitable trader would take a loss!
Forums are all about wins but what makes a novice more confident in what he’s doing is seeing that losses exist, where they exist and how to manage them.

I know the basic Dow’s theory from the very beginnings but IDK why I never considered to wait for a lower low before trying to short a lower high #-o
I think that TIMEFRAMES have some blame by the way..
I mean that a LL or HH is not always visible without dropping a few timfreames.

Charts are fractals but price is not, as Lem says.. thus what should we trade?

What we see, I guess. :wink:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”