Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: Journey of the ES - Wannalearn12

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:55 pm

dchappy wrote:5 and 0 for the week ..Thank You guys for sharing this .This will be my method for the ES .I will also be watching Lem's " lunch hr bar ...even though I will have to get out of bed an hr . earlier ... :D Thanks Guys ...

Excellent stuff - glad it's been working for you. I know you had your tongue in your cheek on the latter comment but it does throw up the point of ''what-is-the-difference?''

Now bear in mind I trade these using Wick-Zone techniques. Now look at how much more you get out of using this method on the candle I use. It's just so much easier as I am making use of the momentum coming into the ''2nd'' candle. Having said that, I also use counter-trading to hold a bad trade in limbo till an opposite trigger is hit and combining this with ''standard'' WZ trading is unbeatable - but I appreciate that this is not a way of trading that is available to those in the US (unless you go down the two-brokers route).

Here's how today played out...Bias is S- but feel free to ignore that and just trade what you see (hey, that's quite a cool turn of phrase, someone should use that :wink: )

US500H1DeadZoneEGforDCHappyandWanna17thMarch17.png
US500H1DeadZoneEGforDCHappyandWanna17thMarch17.png (38.22 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Came across this term I'd never heard of before: Quadruple Witching.

''Quadruple witching refers to the third Friday of every March, June, September and December. On these days, market index futures, market index options, stock options and stock futures expire, usually resulting in increased volatility.''

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Oooooo - there's more, lol: Triple Witching...

''Triple witching occurs when the contracts for stock index futures, stock index options and stock options expire on the same day. Triple witching days happen four times a year on the third Friday of March, June, September and December.''

Not as exciting as Quadruple :lol:

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 pm

For me, this is mixed signals again. You could have waited for the double-tap confirmation and bagged big-time or you could have played it as per WZ (which I did). Either way, we're laughing...

US500H1DeadZoneasInfoForWannacw3ZZearlylook20thMarch17.png
US500H1DeadZoneasInfoForWannacw3ZZearlylook20thMarch17.png (32.86 KiB) Viewed 2433 times

InsolventInstitution

Postby InsolventInstitution » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

@dchappy I know Lemercenaire and WL have been trading using a bias, but the stats on the break are good enough not to use one. Have you been using any bias?

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

InsolventInstitution wrote:@dchappy I know Lemercenaire and WL have been trading using a bias, but the stats on the break are good enough not to use one. Have you been using any bias?

@InsolventInstitution. I too would be interested to know how dchappy is basing his entry, as I am becoming more and more anti-the use of bias here. It's not giving me much (if any) edge and I know the method works perfectly well without it.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:12 pm

One must guard against gilding the lily, after all :lol:

InsolventInstitution

Postby InsolventInstitution » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:One must guard against gilding the lily, after all :lol:

"To gild refined gold, to paint the lily, to throw a perfume on the violet, to smooth the ice, or add another hue unto the rainbow, or with taper-light to seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish, is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

Never heard that one before, Had to look it up. fantastic quote and something to think about when trying to read the market in advance. If I recall correctly atleast through rough backtesting the stats are pretty high for 1 point break and almost never loses on 2 ticks.

wannalearn12

Postby wannalearn12 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:Came across this term I'd never heard of before: Quadruple Witching.

''Quadruple witching refers to the third Friday of every March, June, September and December. On these days, market index futures, market index options, stock options and stock futures expire, usually resulting in increased volatility.''

I AM BACK! YES, Claudia informed me of all of these types of things. Really a straight arrow :)

wannalearn12

Postby wannalearn12 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Oh, Lem, I like both hours, I have been looking at both. Now I can back 2x as much :). The way I have to trade it makes more sense to only trade one way after the trade has started. What I have in mind worked in FX. Hypothetical - 1 contract on entry. every 3 points it pulls back enter with another 1 contract unless it is obviously spear heading. (but after about two months of watching) it always plays the same range in NY. ALSO - for those who do not know. I do not trade until the :30. the first 30 minutes are useless in my opinion. (if they break high or low, I increase my parameters.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”