HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

LeMercenaire

Re: HOLO - Highest Open / Lowest Open Trade

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon May 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Leoheart wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:I'll try and find some examples and that'll show the move clearly.

The issue of the big mono bar throwing the Plopper under the bus is why the 1-2-3 works instead of waiting for the bar to close and taking that Plopper play.

I have to stop saying Plopper now...

:lol: Lem had a serious case of indigestion when he came up with that name :lol: ( ok now I have to stop).

Harry Plopper - Spider Pig.png
Harry Plopper - Spider Pig.png (131.38 KiB) Viewed 2247 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 pm

brettnchrism wrote:Image

AU HOLO trade...looks correct made a small mistake putting in limit order it kicked back to market entry why there is a entry above the open...:)

Don't get HOLO and 1-2-3 mixed up.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 pm

brettnchrism wrote:

AU HOLO trade...looks correct made a small mistake putting in limit order it kicked back to market entry why there is a entry above the open...:)

-7 well not a great way to start the week, let try it again next hour

Unfortunately it looks like you chose the only one of the four 1-2-3 set-ups on the day that didn't work. Trading's great that way, isn't it :D

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

Ok I need to get some clearing on this I’ve read the threads. I can see hour made new high and new higher close, then price tested the high without making new high and I enter at second bar open area Is that 1-2-3 or holo?

I’m confused!
Your friend Brett

brettnchrism

Postby brettnchrism » Mon May 21, 2018 9:35 pm

brettnchrism wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

Ok I need to get some clearing on this I’ve read the threads. I can see hour made new high and new higher close, then price tested the high without making new high and I enter at second bar open area Is that 1-2-3 or holo?

I’m confused!

Ok Im a little slow as I get older 8) . In this picture is a 1-2-3 set up. What I see is a new higher high but hour candle close lower than previous high. Enter on close of the now red candle or where your red circle is? And 9 candles back I see the same entry set up? With a HOLO price has to close between the highest close and the highest high then come through the highest close without making a new high?
Your friend Brett

achooblessyou

Postby achooblessyou » Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 pm

brettnchrism wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Don't get HOLO and 1-2-3 mixed up.

I’m confused!

Ok Im a little slow as I get older 8) . In this picture is a 1-2-3 set up. What I see is a new higher high but hour candle close lower than previous high. Enter on close of the now red candle or where your red circle is? And 9 candles back I see the same entry set up? With a HOLO price has to close between the highest close and the highest high then come through the highest close without making a new high?

So a 123 happens when the bar makes a NEW HIGH, but not necessarily a new highest open. You would trade the OPEN of the next hour bar as long as it tests the high before it falls.

A HOLO trade is when a bar has made a new highest H1 OPEN but NOT a new high. Wait for a 5 minute close between the daily extreme and the highest open and trade back across the Open.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 am

achooblessyou wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:

I’m confused!

So a 123 happens when the bar makes a NEW HIGH, but not necessarily a new highest open. You would trade the OPEN of the next hour bar as long as it tests the high before it falls.

A HOLO trade is when a bar has made a new highest H1 OPEN but NOT a new high. Wait for a 5 minute close between the daily extreme and the highest open and trade back across the Open

Thanks for that. I just couldn't get back on last night to answer.

Once things are done-and-dusted today and I have a mo, I will bang on a quick summary of the rules to both 1-2-3 and HOLO.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 22, 2018 12:29 pm

brettnchrism wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:

I’m confused!

On that chart, you are in a 1-2-3.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 pm

brettnchrism wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:Don't get HOLO and 1-2-3 mixed up.

I’m confused!

Ok Im a little slow as I get older 8) . In this picture is a 1-2-3 set up. What I see is a new higher high but hour candle close lower than previous high. Enter on close of the now red candle or where your red circle is?

You enter at the level of the red circle.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Tue May 22, 2018 12:35 pm

achooblessyou wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:
brettnchrism wrote:

I’m confused!

A HOLO trade is when a bar has made a new highest H1 OPEN but NOT a new high. Wait for a 5 minute close between the daily extreme and the highest open and trade back across the Open.

A HOLO trade is when a bar has made a new highest H1 OPEN but NOT ([color=#FFFF00]necessarily
) a new high. Wait for a 5 minute close between the daily extreme and the highest open and trade back across the Open.[/color]

The added ''necessarily'' is mine but other than that, yep, that's it.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”