ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
cheunt3
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am
Reputation: 30
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby cheunt3 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:49 am

Dead horse cone fat cat entry, want to hold on to target 5

H4_2312020.png
H4_2312020.png (80 KiB) Viewed 1133 times


M5_23122020.png
M5_23122020.png (60.57 KiB) Viewed 1129 times


M1_23122020.png
M1_23122020.png (70.7 KiB) Viewed 1133 times


Listening to happy music, avoiding the pathetic insane fear mongering news media :lol:

Merry Christmas everyone. Good health and wealth to all. :smt112
Last edited by cheunt3 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
cheunt3
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am
Reputation: 30
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby cheunt3 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:51 am

Mira wrote:
cheunt3 wrote:
Mira wrote:
Damn, cheunt3, you’re the man 8)

I did it with a thepark’s random chart and it’s so simple, however, how does it give you an edge over horizontal lines?

Just asking, I always loved diamond idea but left many times, thanks.
7EA87CFC-BE1C-4713-BD6E-CF59240D3412.jpeg


"how does it give you an edge over horizontal lines"

Isn't any line that you think price may react to an edge? Not sure what you are asking.

Maybe the question should be do angles work for you or do horizontals work for you?

Or can you use both? I can't. Angles look more natural to me.


I don’t know, I don’t have your English, however to me a horizontal line is NOT an edge.
My edge is momentum, my edge is MTF analysis and eights.

I was just asking btw, it’s obvious that you gotta do what makes money for you :mrgreen:


But doesn't your edge start with a level aka a line? (besides yourself of course)
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

User avatar
cheunt3
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am
Reputation: 30
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby cheunt3 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Fricken love cones!

M5_23122020_2.png
M5_23122020_2.png (66.4 KiB) Viewed 1088 times


BDP WDL entry

M1_23122020z-2.png
M1_23122020z-2.png (59.94 KiB) Viewed 1088 times


Holding for top purple line
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 300
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby IgazI » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:18 pm

Sometimes it is useful to see the range from an anchor date; the purple lines are 1/4 and 1/2 the range projected from the midpoint.

2 SMA LINE CHARTS OF THE 'CLOSE'
RB+MPD.png
RB+MPD.png (169.75 KiB) Viewed 1070 times

User avatar
cheunt3
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am
Reputation: 30
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby cheunt3 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:35 am

D+ is not my style, I have the patience of a banana.

Keep it simple, wait for an hourly close, check H4, figure why it closed there, check past history, if legit wait on lower tf.

1. Where am I going
2. How will I get there
3. How will I know when I am wrong
4. What will I do about being wrong

^^^^That's all you need to know in your head

H1H4GU_30122020 [2].png
H1H4GU_30122020 [2].png (189.98 KiB) Viewed 905 times
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

thepark
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 70
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby thepark » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:33 pm

IgazI wrote:Sometimes it is useful to see the range from an anchor date; the purple lines are 1/4 and 1/2 the range projected from the midpoint.

2 SMA LINE CHARTS OF THE 'CLOSE'
RB+MPD.png


interesting chart, how is the anchor date chosen? so its kind of like bollinger bands?

thepark
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 70
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby thepark » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:34 pm

cheunt3 wrote:D+ is not my style, I have the patience of a banana.

Keep it simple, wait for an hourly close, check H4, figure why it closed there, check past history, if legit wait on lower tf.

1. Where am I going
2. How will I get there
3. How will I know when I am wrong
4. What will I do about being wrong

^^^^That's all you need to know in your head

H1H4GU_30122020 [2].png


nice trading, do you find it difficult to trade lower tf when the high tf is trending and you need to jump into a trend or do you just wait until it starts making "patterns" again to trade?

thepark
rank: 50+ posts
rank: 50+ posts
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Reputation: 70
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby thepark » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:55 pm

was in this trade today. long from within my 40 pip box and to the green ZL above.

Image


now that im always thinking about trading to a ZL the best condition for me is when the daily chart is trading within a range much like it is now with EU and EJ. if its trending im worried i will keep trying to just short back to the ZL to zero traders out

is there any reason why you wouldn't trade short here to the origin of the BO at the purple line? because that's what i would target especially given the H4 momo down

i will need to identify when there's a breakout out of an area and stop trying trade back into the pattern. knowing when to zero out traders and when to recognise they trade with the BO with BDP, WDL.
Image

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 300
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby IgazI » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:20 pm

thepark wrote:
IgazI wrote:Sometimes it is useful to see the range from an anchor date; the purple lines are 1/4 and 1/2 the range projected from the midpoint.

2 SMA LINE CHARTS OF THE 'CLOSE'
RB+MPD.png


interesting chart, how is the anchor date chosen? so its kind of like bollinger bands?


The 'default' anchor date for the MES is the open of the previous day...
you can think of the MPD lines as a midpoint, high, low, and top/bottom 25% of a candle range from a point in time that separates 'old data' from data that is of interest to you.

Another thing you can use instead is 2 Keltner channels tweaked to encapsulate the price history of a small chart (55T, range bar, ...) using an outer band and a mid band; a Bollinger band is not the same thing and is not recommended...but I'm not here to be your mom.

User avatar
cheunt3
rank: <50 posts
rank: <50 posts
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am
Reputation: 30
Gender: None specified

Re: ZL, D+ extremes, TL breaks, cones

Postby cheunt3 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:00 pm

thepark wrote:
cheunt3 wrote:D+ is not my style, I have the patience of a banana.

Keep it simple, wait for an hourly close, check H4, figure why it closed there, check past history, if legit wait on lower tf.

1. Where am I going
2. How will I get there
3. How will I know when I am wrong
4. What will I do about being wrong

^^^^That's all you need to know in your head

H1H4GU_30122020 [2].png


nice trading, do you find it difficult to trade lower tf when the high tf is trending and you need to jump into a trend or do you just wait until it starts making "patterns" again to trade?


Always pattern. But if your mindset is jumping in the trend or waiting for a pattern then that means you don't have a plan for eventualities, if you are playing the RR game.

Sometimes I am late but the pattern is there so I just enter and adjust my position size.

It's all head stuff. I have X% to get to there but will split up the X% with the smallest stops possible. If I keep losing then I will never break the rule of going over X% for going from "here" to "there" but keep adjusting position size along the way.

You wouldn't believe how much easier to think of risking money this way.
MO "Don't try to predict what will happen next, simply aim to consistently apply your ideas."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”