TRO TRADING VIDEOS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:25 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Lvup7

Postby Lvup7 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:08 pm

IgazI wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
IgazI wrote: Reasons why I am not a day trader:
- price is moving nowhere 80% of the time; most of the profit to be made is made through waiting
- risk reward ratios are better on larger charts (no, it's true!)
- you can better scale into trades to maximize profits
- intraday volatility is less of an issue
- spreads and fees have less of an impact
- you don't have to be 'the fastest gun'
- you are always trading in the direction that price generally wants to move in vs profiting from blips.
- losses are less frequent and trades can be better managed.
- you can trade 5 charts at the same time, and it is likely that you will be up money on some of them.

The list is really so long that I would never consider day trading, but you do you.

All but ONE of your reasons is backwards to Daves reality.
lol

But who the fk is Dave anyway? :lol:

All of those reasons are inarguably true.

Inarguably? I dont know about that. Not trying to pick apart your posts, just the way I see things. Definitely not personal.

1. True
2. Kinda true I guess. If you know how to get away with 0 and make 10, 10s or 100s. Its Relative.
3. You can do the same a tiny chart
4. Depends on what you are doing, you can be cool as ice as the market burn up all around all depend on your 'system'
5. Depends on setup, these days folks will bend over backwards to give you monies trade intraday, scalping etc..ins outs
6. 'System' Trade at open or closes and take naps in between
7. You can do the same intraday YOU Should be.
8. 'System'
9. 30 charts, yup 'System'

Biggest advantage of day trading over anything else is you wont have to (most likely :!: ) sit speechless as your monthly profits vanish within 10mins :lol: :lol: :
Attachments
Snippy.PNG
Snippy.PNG (27.8 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Last edited by Lvup7 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:12 pm

Lvup7 wrote:
Inarguably? I dont know about that. Not trying to pick apart your posts, just the way I see things. Definitely not personal.

1. True
2. Kinda true I guess. If you know how to get away with 0 and make 10, 10s or 100s. Its Relative.
4. Depends on what you are doing, you can be cool as ice as the market burn up all around all depend on your 'system'
5. Depends on setup, these days folks will behind over backwards to give you monies trade intraday, scalping etc..ins outs
8. 'System'

Biggest advantage of day trading over anything else is you wont have to (most likely :!: ) sit speechless as your monthly profits vanish within 10mins :lol: :lol: :

"Inarguably", based on facts, . . . :)

As I mentioned before, when you trade larger charts, you tend to trade in the general direction of the market. . .
so, your edge case example where you go long / hold against the direction of profit and lose a massive amount of pips in 10 minutes really only applies to the day trader.

If 1R = 12.5 pips and price drops 200 pips then I'd lose max 16R . . .
more realistically I'd have lost 3-5R because I scale into trades as they are working.

If 20R was the risk allocated to the market then I would still be in business even after such a catastrophic fail.

H6 CHART: NO BUY SIGNALS:
this.png
this.png (111.81 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

Lvup7

Postby Lvup7 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:43 am

IgazI wrote:
Lvup7 wrote:

1. True
5. Depends on setup, these days folks will behind over backwards to give you monies trade intraday, scalping etc..ins outs
8. 'System'

"Inarguably", based on facts, . . . :)

As I mentioned before, when you trade larger charts, you tend to trade in the general direction of the market. . .
so, your edge case example where you go long / hold against the direction of profit and lose a massive amount of pips in 10 minutes really only applies to the day trader.

If 1R = 12.5 pips and price drops 200 pips then I'd lose max 16R . . .
more realistically I'd have lost 3-5R because I scale into trades as they are working.

If 20R was the risk allocated to the market then I would still be in business even after such a catastrophic fail.

H6 CHART: NO BUY SIGNALS:
this.png

What day traders? People around these parts just go with PREV month close.

I am out for abit brosef (maybe 2 years) forum chat is nauseating. Tell Dave he can suck my left ??!! Live talk no trades on the line.

I leave you with this. Picture this:

Pardon me on phone, so excuse any grammaticals

You are handed a piece of paper with a bunch of numbers on 1 side lines drawn to outline the placement of theses number. These numbers either increment or decrement.As the numbers go up lines are drawn and vis versa. You can see congestion and expansion of lines all over your sheet of paper. Why? Now, I don’t want to state the obvious so I am not stating $$$$. If you had no prior trading experience with charts indicators gurus furus etc.. just clean pure mind what would you derive from this?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:12 pm

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:30 pm

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:40 pm

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:06 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:<INSERT LAST YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE>

On the subject of 'big pips', or 'macro pips' ('mpips', as I like to call them). . .

When you are on your small chart and are looking at your lines, which are spaced four pips apart, you might reimagine those lines as 'pips', macro pips:

you risk pips to make pips, you risk lines to make lines, it's the same damn thing!

If you could hold in your mind that these lines are just 'macro pips' and you flip to a larger time frame . . .

you need only remember what an mpip looked like on your small chart and that the lines were 'about this wide' and make it so on the larger chart.

Now because these lines are not four pips in width, and it is unlikely that you are going to get 'blipped' out of a trade, you take double the risk per mpip to make up for the longer trade duration. Each macro pip is 2R instead of 1.

And that is why I always count in units of risk and not in pips or points.

So you see,
- if you do not know what time frame you are looking at,
- and the lines are visually just as wide as every other chart,
- and each line is (can be) the same number of dollars,
- then a monthly chart is just like trading on a very very very slow internet connection :lol:

So, TRO, you are right:
Just as you make a bet and sit on your hands for 4 minutes you might make a bet and sit on your hands for 4 or 40 days.

^GBPUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_09_29_2022.png
^GBPUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_09_29_2022.png (79.8 KiB) Viewed 1018 times

The chart above is a 6 hour chart. . .
but would you trade it differently if it were a 5 minute?

buffalo

Postby buffalo » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:48 pm

IgazI wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:<INSERT LAST YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE>

On the subject of 'big pips', or 'macro pips' ('mpips', as I like to call them). . .

When you are on your small chart and are looking at your lines, which are spaced four pips apart, you might reimagine those lines as 'pips', macro pips:

you risk pips to make pips, you risk lines to make lines, it's the same damn thing!

If you could hold in your mind that these lines are just 'macro pips' and you flip to a larger time frame . . .

you need only remember what an mpip looked like on your small chart and that the lines were 'about this wide' and make it so on the larger chart.

Now because these lines are not four pips in width, and it is unlikely that you are going to get 'blipped' out of a trade, you take double the risk per mpip to make up for the longer trade duration. Each macro pip is 2R instead of 1.

And that is why I always count in units of risk and not in pips or points.

So you see,
- if you do not know what time frame you are looking at,
- and the lines are visually just as wide as every other chart,
- and each line is (can be) the same number of dollars,
- then a monthly chart is just like trading on a very very very slow internet connection :lol:

So, TRO, you are right:
Just as you make a bet and sit on your hands for 4 minutes you might make a bet and sit on your hands for 4 or 40 days.

^GBPUSD_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_09_29_2022.png

The chart above is a 6 hour chart. . .
but would you trade it differently if it were a 5 minute?

how would you trade that chart?

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:41 pm

buffalo wrote:
how would you trade that chart?

How was money made on that chart?

- risk was allocated.

- the allocated risk was divided into a number of mpips (lines / Renko blocks / units of risk)

- just as you risk x number of pips (an mpip) to make mpips on a small chart, you risk an mpip to make mpips on a larger chart.

If you have it in your head that you are making pips then you are not thinking about 0.1 to 0.9 pips, likewise an mpip is considered to be a 'pip' and anything between the units of risk are considered to be fractional gains/losses.

The lines are there for you to visualize your risk, the speed at which you are gaining/losing money.

The lines themselves are no more an entry than a stop loss order.

For the purpose of stacking, one might say:
- I'm risking $500 on the GBPUSD
- wpips are going down in the books as a 20th of risk ($25)
- I have 20 wpips and I am risking $91 an mpip (3.64 wpips)

If I make 3R then I will have +10.92 wpips, 30.92 total (20ths).
If I want to increase my risk to $273 an mpip then I am risking 10.92 wpips and 20 will remain after a loss.
If I make 3R then I will have +32.76 wpips, 63.68 wpips in total, which equals $1592

So you see here that an mpip is a multiple of risk and a wpip is what is recorded in your ledger.

You could be dealing with multiples of 130 pips, and if you don't translate what that actually means in terms of money then the "large gains" will only serve to mess with your head: eg +260 pips is just 2R (2 mpips), don't get too excited!

At some point you are going to do one of two things:
1. remove your original $500
2. remove the gains.

After explaining all of this I get the usual response of "I'll just record pips, it's the same thing!" . . .
but they then fall into the same trap of trading for pips and being unable to stack, and they then look at me like I'm the problem :lol:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”