TRO TRADING VIDEOS

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 14975
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2854
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:32 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 400
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby IgazI » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:17 am

You really only need to answer questions in this exact order:

1. where do I place my stop loss.

2. where would I enter if price moved away from where I would place my stop loss.

The distance between the stop and the entry is the size of the chart that you are trading, or rather the time horizon of the trade.


If you focus on entries then you are doing it all wrong. IMO.
Tey-ah-tah Om Bake-an-zeya Bake-an-zeya Maha-Bake-an-zeya Rahts-ah Sahm-O'gahtey So-ha

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 14975
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2854
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:46 pm

IgazI wrote:You really only need to answer questions in this exact order:

1. where do I place my stop loss.

2. where would I enter if price moved away from where I would place my stop loss.

The distance between the stop and the entry is the size of the chart that you are trading, or rather the time horizon of the trade.


If you focus on entries then you are doing it all wrong. IMO.


How do you know where you would put a stop loss if you don't know the entry?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 14975
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2854
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:51 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 400
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby IgazI » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:46 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
IgazI wrote:You really only need to answer questions in this exact order:

1. where do I place my stop loss.

2. where would I enter if price moved away from where I would place my stop loss.

The distance between the stop and the entry is the size of the chart that you are trading, or rather the time horizon of the trade.


If you focus on entries then you are doing it all wrong. IMO.


How do you know where you would put a stop loss if you don't know the entry?


How did I see this question coming XD

You do know the entry. . .it is 'x' away from your stop loss! that price will not go somewhere before going somewhere else is the reason for taking the trade.

If price returns to the high minus a few pips, or returns to the open, or breaks through a low then that is likely counter to your idea of what price 'should' be doing and you should exit the trade.

How far should your entry be from your stop loss?

You can think of the entry as an open price to which you add time and at the end of that time there is a range with the lower half 'likely' being out of reach of your stop loss. . .

I suppose that you could get fancy and make an indicator that answers "if the last 1000 bars opened at my entry how many of them stopped me out?" and adjust the entry accordingly.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 14975
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2854
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:45 pm

IgazI wrote: How did I see this question coming XD

You do know the entry. . .it is 'x' away from your stop loss! that price will not go somewhere before going somewhere else is the reason for taking the trade.

If price returns to the high minus a few pips, or returns to the open, or breaks through a low then that is likely counter to your idea of what price 'should' be doing and you should exit the trade.

How far should your entry be from your stop loss?

You can think of the entry as an open price to which you add time and at the end of that time there is a range with the lower half 'likely' being out of reach of your stop loss. . .

I suppose that you could get fancy and make an indicator that answers "if the last 1000 bars opened at my entry how many of them stopped me out?" and adjust the entry accordingly.


That's the ABOVE/BELOW indicator:

TRO002.png
TRO002.png (60.86 KiB) Viewed 380 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 14975
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2854
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:50 pm

TRO001.png
TRO001.png (53.17 KiB) Viewed 380 times


Actually, you need to load the TRO_ABOVE_BELOW indicator 3 times. Once for your entry, once for your stop and once for your TP. Then you can see.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 14975
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2854
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:50 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

User avatar
IgazI
rank: 150+ posts
rank: 150+ posts
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Reputation: 400
Gender: None specified

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby IgazI » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:21 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:TRO001.png

Actually, you need to load the TRO_ABOVE_BELOW indicator 3 times. Once for your entry, once for your stop and once for your TP. Then you can see.


I'm not sure that I understand the need for applying the indicator 3 times when all I am looking to do is have my stop out of range(s) at the point of entry.

User avatar
TheRumpledOne
rank: 10000+ posts
rank: 10000+ posts
Posts: 14975
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Reputation: 2854
Location: Oregon
Real name: Avery T. Horton, Jr.
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: TRO TRADING VIDEOS

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:34 pm

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!



Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.


Return to “TheRumpledOne”