TrendTrader_SemiAuto_FULL

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Relativity

Re: Supply Demand Zones

Postby Relativity » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:03 pm

zhaozilong wrote:
Relativity wrote:v1.1 released. Feel free to play around with it!
Supply and Demand Zones/Lines History now can be turned off and on, but the most recent ones will always show up.

Hello Relativity,

when you say supply demand zones, do you mean the same as those used by Sam Seiden?

thicker horizontal lines are calculated from higher time frames?

thank you for your sharing.

No I don't follow Sam Seiden. I still find his method of idendifying supply and demand too subjective.

I am trying to find a more objective way to define them. So far what I've come up with is a SD zone is created when there is a consolitation of price action in an extreme. You can see these are defined by the swing/wave turns of the modified Barros Swings. See the above post for more details.

Yes. Thicker = higher TF

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks for sharing Rel,

I must say what I have seen from your indicator is that it is very intuitive and often gets the calls right. So keen to see what this can do... ;-)
:smt065

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Thanks for sharing Rel,

I must say what I have seen from your indicator is that it is very intuitive and often gets the calls right. So keen to see what this can do... ;-)

Thx and yes Jal you are right. That's why I've never stopped working on it. I don't think too much when trading anymore since the indicator helps me see very well what price is doing.

You must try it yourself. You should see why trading with nothing but straight lines just works. Mainly waves/swings + trendlines + supply/demand lines. Knowing where to mark these lines is always the problem too many traders face. Solve and improve upon the tools, then one should be able to see what price is doing, and better than the classical methods.

Here's an open secret : The naked chart itself is already a tool on its own, but an imperfect one. An example would be that a time based price works differently from a range-bars based chart. That's why we make indicators. But its also another problem by itself if we are not careful.

When coming up with a tool, always ask yourself these 2 questions
1-will this stand the test of time with market changes, using principles that are enduring and self learning?
2-is it adding onto what price is doing (bad), or showing better what price is doing (good)?

Indicators come and go when these 2 questions are not tackled.

The reason why I want to make the indicator do some interpretations/words on the left side is to allow both left and right brain to be involved in trading. Both visual and words.

Short means short. Long means long. Wait.... just wait then. Or go open another pair and look for opportunities. If there's none, scalp around or just hang around while doing coding. If there's an open winning position running from an extreme like weekly or monthly, that price is very unlikely to return, just sleep on it for a week (thx MO) Don't second guess your strong winners in those situations.

But I chose not to make an EA out of it as I want to be fully responsible for the final decision (to short or long). This holds true when price moves due to other reasons (e.g. deliberate bank interventions, natural disasters.. etc) than standard supply and demand. The tool is just there for decision assistance; aka semi automatic.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:38 pm

v1.2 released. Visuals are obviously better =>

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:01 am

With permission and credits to newark18, the transcript of our PMs

newark18 :
Thank you for your indicator. I will test it out. How successful have you been with this system? I recall seeing your threads indicator pretty good performance. Thanks again for sharing

Relativity :
Pretty successfully. I went from blowing accounts -> not blowing accounts -> gaining reasonable profit on a daily basis. I only posted the indicator simply because it has stood the test of time well and just works.

The rest is really about discipline and watching PA, thats all.

newark18 :
You don't give too much assistance in interpreting your indicator. Will it become obvious at some point?

Relativity :
That's the point. I am making it in such a way that there is no need to interpret, really. As simple as possible. Interpretation will cause lots of problems. The indicator is to just tell one what is happening pretty plainly as it is. It helps one see standard price action better.

Unfortunately for the user of the indicator, he must play his part. It means one must try it 1st, then ask questions later, then continue trying. This way the questions are more objective for the person's learning. Admittedly myself too, spoon feeding for trader's aren't healthy.

I don't wish to post walls of text that no one can understand. It would be way better if questions are asked, after trying out the indicator in whatever manner that you know initially. Then I would tune my answers to suit your style of trading / learning / seeing perception. Its better in the long run.

All this has nothing to do with the indicator eventually, but how we learn and see as individuals.

newark18 :
Is there a way to run this through strategy tester so that I can see its action with increased speed? I couldn't get it to start running through strategy tester as an indicator. I don't know why.

The multiple TF zigzags are interesting. But I cannot understand the words on the side. I hope that is not too important.

Relativity :
Yeah, you can't use it on a strategy tester. I tried too and found that strategy tester only loads the candles of the current MT4 timeframe. Unfortunately the indicator requires candles from muiltple MT4 timeframes.

The multiple TF zigzags are one of the important keys.
The higher (Senior and Perspective TF) give perspective of the macro market movement
The middle (Trading TF) gives the trader the overall view
The lower (Session and Entry TF) allows finetuning of entry / avoid sloppy entries

Ref : see LESSON 6. WAVE LEVELS, ELDER'S TRIPPLE SCREEN SYSTEM.
MasterForex Lesson 6

The main page is down as far as I know, so getting it from google cache

The words on the side might are might not be important or helpful to you. For me its helpful as I am both a Visual and Auditoral learner. So I need both pictures and words.

The colors/waves/swings/lines SHOW me what is happening
The words on the side TELL me what is happening.

No interpretation is needed.
Last edited by Relativity on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:47 am

Uploaded Mod Barros Swings.mq4 and added notes / thoughts for wave theory research

Belkin

Postby Belkin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Relativy.

The indy look great. I downloaded the book and started reading.

Your indi takes away the pain of drawing the barros swing.

I now get it why you placed attention to this

regards

belkin

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Belkin wrote:Relativy.

The indy look great. I downloaded the book and started reading.

Your indi takes away the pain of drawing the barros swing.

I now get it why you placed attention to this

regards

belkin

No probs! Enjoy.

Relativity

Postby Relativity » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:54 pm

v1.3 released. The left panel of words look good. Just look at what its telling you about price. Don't interpret!

Belkin

Postby Belkin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:58 pm

i am "under using" you Indy...LOL

i am just using the swings now.. I will take a look at the notes..

I am caught up with the book and what the swings show..

Belkin

Return to “TheRumpledOne”