Trading Contest 1st May 2010

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

retireme

Postby retireme » Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 am

tmanbone wrote:I see four of us over leveraging, my self included. Retireme is comming along nicely, nickfury too. newschool and jahjahblessed are hanging tight with minor losses; tells me MM is key. This is great education, enjoying every bit of it. Thanks,

Hey tmanbone,

things are not always as they seem. I calculated that the Eur would have a slow day going down against the Usd and left the trades running when I went to work. I checked it a few times and sure enough, it was doing just that for most of the morning. However, during the mid-afternoon (Perth time) I started to think that the downward slide had finished and my drawdown was looking pretty sick. I spent the next hour watching it rise on MT4stats as I cannot do anything from work. I could take it no longer and hotfooted it home to halt the slide. By the time I got home, the Eur had changed again and continued its downward spiral. So yes, things are coming along nicely but today I brought my PDA with a MT4platform to work so that if it happens again, I can at least close the trades.

Cheers
:wink:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jahjahblessed

haven't been able to trade

Postby jahjahblessed » Fri May 07, 2010 4:23 am

I'm away and got my Macbook repair, but forgot my password to my demo account. Monday when I get back i'll be trading
transform to PIP"S FARI

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
Napoleon Hill

JAHJAHBLESSED

retireme

Postby retireme » Sat May 08, 2010 2:09 pm

newschool wrote:Yeah I still think its because my account is older than yours, so MT4stats doesnt have all the proper data for advanced stats.

Just an update!

From Hans Bowles at MT4Stats

"Thanks for finding this small bug, I have send this issue to the tech guys. It should be fixed within 1 or 2 days."

Cheers
Nick

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 pm

retireme wrote:
tmanbone wrote:I see four of us over leveraging, my self included. Retireme is comming along nicely, nickfury too. newschool and jahjahblessed are hanging tight with minor losses; tells me MM is key. This is great education, enjoying every bit of it. Thanks,

Hey tmanbone,

things are not always as they seem. I calculated that the Eur would have a slow day going down against the Usd and left the trades running when I went to work. I checked it a few times and sure enough, it was doing just that for most of the morning. However, during the mid-afternoon (Perth time) I started to think that the downward slide had finished and my drawdown was looking pretty sick. I spent the next hour watching it rise on MT4stats as I cannot do anything from work. I could take it no longer and hotfooted it home to halt the slide. By the time I got home, the Eur had changed again and continued its downward spiral. So yes, things are coming along nicely but today I brought my PDA with a MT4platform to work so that if it happens again, I can at least close the trades.

Cheers
:wink:

Hey Retireme,

I'm interested to know how you can trade as actively as you do and work also. I'm guessing you have off days during market hours or you're in a time zone that allows you to trade the active times while you're off work. I'll have to study my time zones more. Cheers,
"The simplicity of the markets is it's greatest disguise"

T

retireme

Postby retireme » Sat May 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey Retireme,

I'm interested to know how you can trade as actively as you do and work also. I'm guessing you have off days during market hours or you're in a time zone that allows you to trade the active times while you're off work. I'll have to study my time zones more. Cheers,

tmanbone,

It's no secret. The first day I was at home and purely manual trading which is why the times seem somewhat weird. I am plus 6 hours on the times in my stats page. The rest of the week, I used a semi-auto system that grid trades. I monitor it from work via MT4stats page but that became too dangerous. So now I installed MT4 on my PDA so I have some control. Hope that clears it up.

Regards
Retireme
:lol:

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat May 08, 2010 3:08 pm

retireme wrote:
Hey Retireme,

tmanbone,

It's no secret. The first day I was at home and purely manual trading which is why the times seem somewhat weird. I am plus 6 hours on the times in my stats page. The rest of the week, I used a semi-auto system that grid trades. I monitor it from work via MT4stats page but that became too dangerous. So now I installed MT4 on my PDA so I have some control. Hope that clears it up.

Regards
Retireme
:lol:

Just shy of 25% in the first week is not too shabby. You've been doing your homework. Thanks for the info. Cheers,

T

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat May 08, 2010 8:06 pm

I linked the stats to my Live account with smaller balance so that I can focus on trading 1 account only.
Demo was 670ish.
Live is what you see below.

Maybe I'll get the comeback kid award?
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

tmanbone

Postby tmanbone » Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:I linked the stats to my Live account with smaller balance so that I can focus on trading 1 account only.
Demo was 670ish.
Live is what you see below.

Maybe I'll get the comeback kid award?

It definitely isn't as easy as it first looks. I find the hardest part being, taking all the learned information and creating a system that works for you. I compare it to putting together a shredded newspaper.

T

newschool

Postby newschool » Sun May 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Ok guys, we might be going for the 1000 pips of last week.

France and Germany "completely" agree on measures to be unveiled on Sunday by European Union finance ministers to help the crisis-hit euro zone, the French presidency said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6400PJ20100509

My bet is that the gaps are gonna be huge. And I'm not gonna be looking to close them.

EDIT:

160 on EU, 280 on EJ.

eheh.

thats big.

perhaps will check for a LH-LL trend to close the gap...
Last edited by newschool on Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frang0nve

Postby frang0nve » Sun May 09, 2010 8:05 pm

newschool:
at 22:00 CET EURUSD opens at 1.28932... and EURJPY opens at 119.141

Return to “TheRumpledOne”