TRADESTATION REMOVED THE MOTHERLODES

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Randolermo wrote:
michal.kreslik wrote:I left Tradestation last June before being banned for publicly supporting Avery. I didn't do anything wrong, I just posted a couple of messages stating that banning Avery is not just. In return, I got a warning from the TS administrators that if I proceed like this, I would get banned too.

One must understand, though, that the Tradestation "forum" is not a democracy. One doesn't have any constitutional rights to post there. It's a privately owned and operated "forum". I'm putting the term "forum" into quotation marks here as the forum originally was an open Roman square where anyone could express his opinions freely. This is obviously not the case with Tradestation's website (as it's not even a forum). Tradestation's website is just a place for people to post messages to as long as the administrators like the contents of those posts.

With this being said, I think that fighting with Tradestation on their own website is about as meaningful as fighting with a farmer who owns a shotgun on his own property. You know the consequences.

Tradestation isn't a bad platform, but there are other platforms available today that surpass it in many ways. And they are way cheaper.

In any case, I understand Avery and others that it's hard to say goodbye to a platform that has been with you for so many years, though. It's probably as hard as saying :smt039 goodbye to a grumpy wife that has been with you for so many years.

Michal

Michal, I've been on this site several months and was going to get TS to starting Milking some Cows. With changes stated on this thread where the TRO Motherlodes are gone, I guess I should look for another platform. You mention better ones exist. I assume you stated them somewhere but would you please restate some to look at it so I can review. :D

Ready to start Milking Cows.

Thanks...Rando

Rando,

I'm now using NeoTicker. It's one of the most open platforms for trading and serious system development available today.

I've said this many times, but let's repeat it: I really wonder why Avery keeps fighting a war that, as I see it, cannot be won: Avery vs. Tradestation.

I've set up a "NeoTicker-development-only" :) computer at Avery's house in Tucson so he's all set up to start writing indicators and trading systems for NeoTicker. I guess no one will ever ban Avery from NeoTicker forums, in fact Tickquest managers are lucky Avery's got a NeoTicker license.

Want to hear something ultra-weird? Avery sticks to a company that bans him from their forums. Avery sticks to a company that bans him from trading at their platform. Avery sticks to a company that hates him.

A million dollar question: why does Avery stick to Tradestation?

I don't know the answer.

Michal

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Patch

TS and NT

Postby Patch » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi Michal

You asked a question that I've thought about, "I really wonder why Avery keeps fighting a war that, as I see it, cannot be won: Avery vs. Tradestation?" Michal, great question. What does Avery say to you when you've asked him this series of questions.

I don't know the answers. My guesses answer is that Avery cares about people and helping failing traders learn to trade profitably. TS upper management stinks out loud and are dummer than stupid. And at the same time, TS is not all bad. TS is a good platform for starting trader and indeed does have a broad base of users, who may hear about TRO and kreslik via the web, word of mouth, etc. I personally learned about TRO on TS's own forum.

Lastly, it is a bigger than big step for new and experienced traders to move from TS to NeoTicker. NT is an awesome program with great features; and it also brings with it a steep learning curve in addition to the need to learn a programming language. A few months ago, I just plain got ticked off the TS and decided I didn't want them to get any more of my money, cancelled my account and closed out my trading account and was sure to tell them why. Monday morning, I am going to call EFX Group support and find out if it is possible to get their data feed into TS2000i. If so, I will work on getting that working, and hope that I will be able to get the code for PMSM ELS and create an els of it and away I will go.

I submit that, traders, new and other wise, need to learn to trade profitably before learning to program -- survival comes first, no matter how long and no matter the cost.

Patch the Pirate
In VA

Randolermo

Postby Randolermo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:06 am

Thanks Michal and Patch.

I'm going to do more research on NT, learn it and hopefully program down the road. In the meantime, I'm going forward with TRO Milking the Cow strategy.

Hopefully, TRO responds why he sticks with TS. That could be interesting.

GLTA...Rand

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”