TheRumpledOne Donational Indicators

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:49 am

TRO2009_SR_RR has an input:

extern string myOpenHHMM = "14:00"; // 05:00 am pst = 14:00 server time

that is used to determine the daily bias. You have control over when the day starts.

The Bias indicator user your broker's D1 candle to determine the daily bias.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Horizon

First trade first loss

Postby Horizon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:30 am

Patch,

Yes this is helping as I really want to Crack this.
Ken I read your blog and we seem to be on the same wave length except that I must be missing something.

I go in on the hour with a stop loss of -7 and limit of 6. I go in on which ever gets activated first (long or short). I have been looking at the range to get an ideas. Once the trade is in the blue zone (long) or red zone (short) then target is the green line.

First trade of the day and first loss... Statistically I should be getting some wins now but no. This is getting me down.

Ken, do you wait for the first 5 minute chart to close? Are you still doing well with yours? What is your win / loss ratio as mine is currently below 50%.
I am wondering if it was the currency I chose? but the strategy said it was irrelevant..

Horizon
Attachments
3847868.gif
3847868.gif (37.51 KiB) Viewed 4700 times

Kenyuki

Re: First trade first loss

Postby Kenyuki » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 am

Hi Horizon,

Horizon wrote:Ken I read your blog and we seem to be on the same wave length except that I must be missing something.

You might wanna check your trading times. I live in London and am lucky enough to trade the early Euro session (thanks to Patch for putting this bug in my ear - bless you mate :)). I trade between 06:00 - 08:00 BST only.

Horizon wrote:Ken, do you wait for the first 5 minute chart to close?

Nope, I monitor the trades on M1 only. It does not really matter what timeframe you look at because price will move in the same direction on all charts. But I find it easier to trade the BZ on M1, maybe because the candles are bigger, lines easier to read, I don't know :lol:

Once the hour opens, I place 1x long and 1x short order straight away, and cancel one trade when one trigger gets hit. That's it.

Horizon wrote:Are you still doing well with yours? What is your win / loss ratio as mine is currently below 50%.

I do not really know... I do not think that matters now as I only went live two days ago :lol:. My testing phase was chaotic and crap, but I was determined to roll with this so just went live.

But let's see: 7 trades, 2 losses (1 was a hypothetical loss only, so technically, it's 1 loss - check my blog for further explanation) - you do the maths? I can't :lol:

Horizon wrote:I am wondering if it was the currency I chose? but the strategy said it was irrelevant..

I recall TRO mentioning it works best with GBPUSD and EURJPY, that is why I chose to trade the Cable only.

Horizon wrote:This is getting me down.

Come on Horizon, set your emotions aside. If you really want this, then man up and just go ;). Focus on one method, one currency, and create a disciplined trading behavior.

Much pips,
Ken.

Horizon

Postby Horizon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 am

Great Ken,

Thanks for your email.

I will make note of the time and I am going to use BZ_Skyline and look at the two currencies you mentioned.

You trade at 6:00am-8:00 BST. This is because of your limited time or you find that is when the market is more faviourable?

Don't get me wrong. The thing I love about trading is that it forces you to learn to control your emotions. I have never learned so much about myself since I have been trading. Lots of self discovery and I love it.

Lastly, I have no invested interest in this but I use this for my record keeping. I am not good in maths but it does the statistic for me. Also good for seeing what currencies or strategies work best.
http://tradingspreadsheets.com

Horizon

Kenyuki

Postby Kenyuki » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 am

Hello Horizon,

Horizon wrote:You trade at 6:00am-8:00 BST. This is because of your limited time or you find that is when the market is more faviourable?

Mainly because of my limited time, as I do have a full-time job, so I just trade before going to work.

I used to trade after work, and the slippages and low volumes just drove me nuts. I heard that the early European session is a good time to trade. And although I am not a morning person and I hate getting up early, I thought if that's what I have to do then I'll just do it. Never been happier since then :lol:

I just roll with my own spreadsheet. Helps me focus :).

Cheers,
Ken.

LIGIO

parameter for tro sr rr

Postby LIGIO » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:45 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:TRO2009_SR_RR has an input:

extern string myOpenHHMM = "14:00"; // 05:00 am pst = 14:00 server time

that is used to determine the daily bias. You have control over when the day starts.

The Bias indicator user your broker's D1 candle to determine the daily bias.

THANKS TRO :P
im using default settings, with alpari uk is that correct or i have to change that parameter (myOpenHHMM)

dgobin

Postby dgobin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:30 pm

I received your donational indicators. One in particular that I'm looking for is the SHI_Channel_true_TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION. I installed SHI_Channel_true_TRO_MOD, but it has different settings than a buddy of mine who has the former... and it will not draw the channel as a result. Could your explain or just send me the proper indicator?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:39 am

SHI_Channel_true_TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION.

That's a FREE indicator.

It's in one of the MT4 Motherlodes.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Kenyuki

Postby Kenyuki » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:20 am

Hi TRO,

Is there a way I can change the font colours of the signals on the BuyZone for Dummies? The short signals sometimes cannot be seen when it is on the same place as bearish candles (red). See chart:

Thanks,
Ken

Horizon

Postby Horizon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:59 am

Ken,
You know you can move the chart around using anchor?!
Or you can play with the scale of the chart.
That is what I do.
Horizon

Return to “TheRumpledOne”