TheRumpledOne Donational Indicators

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

FunDip

Postby FunDip » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:57 pm

Got it - Thanks for the reply, TRO!

ww

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:09 am

Please post a chart when you get it working.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

chuck

dibs

Postby chuck » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 am

Can someone please tell me where the best thread/info on setting up and using dibs can be found? I'm using the new dibs.tpl template.

I've got it on my charts, but now what do I do with it? Wait for London open? All the pairs say "WAIT" next to them and it says 'Wait DIBS" on the left side of the screen.

I've scanned thru many pages of TRO threads on several different forums but I guess I'm not looking in the right places (or not hard enough).

Thanx.
Attachments
from dibs tpl.JPG
from dibs tpl.JPG (190.09 KiB) Viewed 3734 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:35 am

You have to WAIT for a DIBS trade.

The indicator will tell you...

chuck

dibs template & FXDD vs InterbankFX feeds

Postby chuck » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:54 pm

I understand that I have to wait for a SIGNAL to trade when using the dibs template, but something was just not right on my FXDD fed platform. Everything seemed to be "locked up" for some reason. Every chart regardless of pair showed the EUR/USD open +/- and the prices were not even close. Maybe I'll clean up that platform and start fresh next week and see if it gets things functioning correctly. At least this is how I'm interpreting the problem...

I switched to InterbankFX platform and the indicator works perfectly. Picked up some nice pippage in demo on the EJ a few minutes ago. I realize it was during the NFP announcement, but I was interested to see how the dibs trade would work out.

chuck

dibs london session

Postby chuck » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:03 pm

EDIT: I found the answer and adjusted the Change Sessions setting on the MPMM_DIBS_TRADE indy.

Does the session automatically change or does that need to be done manually somehow? I know, I know, its Dibs For Dummies, but I'll ask anyway.

See screenshot of H1 Dibs For Dummies London. This is what I'm wondering if its supposed to change automatically to the next session or what. The screenshot was taken at 12PM EST.

Dummies

chuchu

Suggestion for variation/combination of two indicators

Postby chuchu » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:37 am

TRO,

I would like to leave you with a suggestion for a variation/combination of two of your indicators.

They are TRO_MPMM_Opens and TRO2009_OpenDiff.

I find both of these very useful and have them up side by side on my instruments only template (see screenshot).

The benefit of TRO_MPMM_Opens is that it shows opening direction for multiple pairs, but does not have detail as to open price and +/- from the open. On the other hand, TRO2009_OpenDiff does have the benefit of the detail, but it only works for one pair.

I think a great combination would be to extend TRO_MPMM_Opens out for several more columns and to transfer the row labels in TRO2009_OpenDiff to column labels and then have the detail that TRO2009_OpenDiff provides applied to all the currency pairs.

So for example the column headings could be something like:

H1 Opens TY-AU-LD-NY-{time}TY-TYOpen-+/-{time} AU-AUOpen-+/--{time}LD-LDOpen-+/-{time}NY-NYOpen-+/-

I personally use the 2008 version of the TRO_MPMM_Opens as opposed to the 2009 version since, at least on my system, it stays put.

All the best,
chuchu
Attachments
Tro Indicator Screenshot.jpg
Tro Indicator Screenshot.jpg (40.74 KiB) Viewed 3680 times

TheRumpledOne

Re: dibs london session

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:22 pm

chuck wrote:EDIT: I found the answer and adjusted the Change Sessions setting on the MPMM_DIBS_TRADE indy.

Does the session automatically change or does that need to be done manually somehow? I know, I know, its Dibs For Dummies, but I'll ask anyway.

See screenshot of H1 Dibs For Dummies London. This is what I'm wondering if its supposed to change automatically to the next session or what. The screenshot was taken at 12PM EST.

Dummies

Does the session automatically change or does that need to be done manually somehow?

If the input is TRUE then it will change to the next session automatically.

TheRumpledOne

Re: Suggestion for variation/combination of two indicators

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:27 pm

chuchu wrote:TRO,

I would like to leave you with a suggestion for a variation/combination of two of your indicators.

They are TRO_MPMM_Opens and TRO2009_OpenDiff.

I find both of these very useful and have them up side by side on my instruments only template (see screenshot).

The benefit of TRO_MPMM_Opens is that it shows opening direction for multiple pairs, but does not have detail as to open price and +/- from the open. On the other hand, TRO2009_OpenDiff does have the benefit of the detail, but it only works for one pair.

I think a great combination would be to extend TRO_MPMM_Opens out for several more columns and to transfer the row labels in TRO2009_OpenDiff to column labels and then have the detail that TRO2009_OpenDiff provides applied to all the currency pairs.

So for example the column headings could be something like:

H1 Opens TY-AU-LD-NY-{time}TY-TYOpen-+/-{time} AU-AUOpen-+/--{time}LD-LDOpen-+/-{time}NY-NYOpen-+/-

I personally use the 2008 version of the TRO_MPMM_Opens as opposed to the 2009 version since, at least on my system, it stays put.

All the best,
chuchu

That would be TMI - TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!

TRO_MPMM_Opens is so you can QUICKLY see how the pairs are trading compared to the open - above or below. So you can SELECT a pair to trade.

TRO2009_OpenDif shows the detail of one pair, so you can MANAGE the trade.

But I'll think about your idea... Perhaps a DASHBOARD indicator.

Thanks.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:06 pm

kdriess1 wrote:Avery,

I received your donational info and indicators and am quite grateful... Alot to look thru...

I do have a question after reading the Buy Zone for dummies pdf.. The newest system is quite neat.. TRO_SR_RR.. Do you reset the Zone hourly? or does the indicator do it automatically?? I noticed it repainted and moved the arrows and the zone level when price went back down after moving into then out (down) of the buy zone.. Just trying to get some clarity.

Thanks,
Kendall

TRO_SR_RR has nothing to do with the Buy Zone.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”