TheRumpledOne Donational Indicators

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

kdriess1

Combo of Indicators, Please evaluate the logic

Postby kdriess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:57 am

Avery,

I have these 4 indies on my 1min euro chart. Magnified market price. TRo_SR_RR, Shi Channel tru Modified version, and 3 level zz semafor ( no alarm)

The two screen shots tell the basic story.. When the ZZ gives you the #3 at a shi level extreme, the SR_RR system should be right there at the same level to go long or short at its designated value..

The reason for the combo use is dynamic repainting.. For the SR_RR system alone if the market is pushing hard but i get a few up ticks thru the go long value, then continues to push hard down.. The system keeps adjusting the go long value lower and lower, so the trade i entered was early and not at a momentary extreme. Thus where the zz indie comes in . When the #3 trade is firmly planted on a shi extreme, the next bar is usually in correct direction.. If i take counter trend trade using shi channel as trend direction, i scalp for 3 pips,, if i am with the shi channel trend I go for 5 pips. Using it on a 1 min chart..

I am writing this for you to point out the flaws in logic as i am using the indies. Also, the SR_RR sys. adjusts at what interval or is it a dynamic function adjustmet.. Again the reason I ask .. When the market pushes hard in one direction, the ZZ idie is set up, but the SR_RR is lagging behind in resetting??

Thanks for all you do, your coding and idies are stellar.

A greatful trader,
Kendall :D

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

kdriess1

Postby kdriess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:58 am

Hmm, my attachments did not load

kdriess1

Postby kdriess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:01 am

Here are the screen shots
Attachments
Long on 1 min SR.jpg
Long on 1 min SR.jpg (191.08 KiB) Viewed 8196 times
example go short.jpg
example go short.jpg (191.41 KiB) Viewed 8196 times

TheRumpledOne

Re: Combo of Indicators, Please evaluate the logic

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:05 am

kdriess1 wrote:Avery,

I have these 4 indies on my 1min euro chart. Magnified market price. TRo_SR_RR, Shi Channel tru Modified version, and 3 level zz semafor ( no alarm)

The two screen shots tell the basic story.. When the ZZ gives you the #3 at a shi level extreme, the SR_RR system should be right there at the same level to go long or short at its designated value..

The reason for the combo use is dynamic repainting.. For the SR_RR system alone if the market is pushing hard but i get a few up ticks thru the go long value, then continues to push hard down.. The system keeps adjusting the go long value lower and lower, so the trade i entered was early and not at a momentary extreme. Thus where the zz indie comes in . When the #3 trade is firmly planted on a shi extreme, the next bar is usually in correct direction.. If i take counter trend trade using shi channel as trend direction, i scalp for 3 pips,, if i am with the shi channel trend I go for 5 pips. Using it on a 1 min chart..

I am writing this for you to point out the flaws in logic as i am using the indies. Also, the SR_RR sys. adjusts at what interval or is it a dynamic function adjustmet.. Again the reason I ask .. When the market pushes hard in one direction, the ZZ idie is set up, but the SR_RR is lagging behind in resetting??

Thanks for all you do, your coding and idies are stellar.

A greatful trader,
Kendall :D

TRO SR RR is NOT lagging behind. The current bar is NOT being used and that's by design! But if you change the SHIFT input to 0, it will use the current bar.

If price is pushing hard in one direction, then don't be so quick to trade counter to the push.... WAIT!!

M5 not M1 is the preferred timeframe. You can confirm the push is over by using M15 or H1.

There are no "logic flaws".
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

skeeter

Postby skeeter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:15 pm

I have Buy Zone Interval for Tradestation. I am using it on futures. When I use the .D symbol, like @ES.D, it works great, but when I use @ES, it is skewed. The problem is EC (Euro Futures) does not have a .D symbol.

Is there anything I could do to get it to work on EC?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:33 am

I don't know. I don't trade futures. Check the futures threads.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

khalid

Postby khalid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:46 am

skeeter,

Have you tried adjusting your start times?

Khalid

skeeter

Postby skeeter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:18 pm

I am not sure how to do that.

khalid

Postby khalid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Insert the indicator on the chart. If you then format the indicator you should be able to change the start time in the window/box which opens. You should also be able to determine here the STOP, PROFIT TARGET, and the reset interval to your liking. Another way -- not recommended unless you know what you are doing -- is to make the change(s) in the code.

I have MultiCharts, not Tradestation; but I am sure both work the same way -- in this respect anyway.

Right now I am in the middle of changing my trading computer and do not even have MultiCharts installed yet, otherwise I would have posted some screen shots.

If you still have trouble, let me know your start time and the preferred interval and I shall send you a configured .xml file with TRO recommended STOP and PT for EURO.

Khalid

skeeter

Postby skeeter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:37 pm

khalid thanks so much for trying to help me.

My Buy Zone Interval indicator has 4 input settings, StartTime, tInterval, inZ, and outZ. I would like to start plotting at 0600. No matter what startime I enter, all the price bars dissapear and I end up with 2 or 3 rows of dots. The indicator works fine on symbols with the .D designation, and I can set it to start at anytime I wish with those symbols. I think I have all of Avery's TS indicators, but this is the Buy Zone that seems to work on the .D symbols.

Do I need to use a different Buy Zone? There are several in my indicator list.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”