The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:11 am

trueblueTEX wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
trueblueTEX wrote:When you get a "hit" on your radar screen, would you post what that looks like?

U talkin' to Me?!? :shock:

Yeah, I should 've quoted you. :wink:

Well for starters, it's not as exciting or as instantaneous as a "hit", more like a slowly building warm feeling as I__ <¤1>look at each pair across its timeframes and decide whether it is "Trade Long/Scalp Short" or vice versa; then__ <¤2>look for which smaller tf PA I am more comfortable [s]getting into[/s] attempting to get into.
  • I don't pay attention to any news
  • I don't pay attention to any economic report releases
  • I don't pay attention to any perceived strength of a particular currency (i.e. I don't care if EUR looks to be kicking everyone's a$$)
If pairs are correlated (directly/indirectly), I WILL check out their average daily and weekly pip ranges (via another nifty radar screen) to decide which one to attempt for.

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:29 am

dojirock wrote:Aliassmith,

Great to see you.....I know what you mean about the forum, up till now its been pretty scarce. I'm going to move to futures hopefully late this year and do both until i'm setup completely on futures. I like gold, and cocoa, sugar....
Scalping burned you out eh? I'm not to that point yet, too lucrative. I use a MM based off space and what you were doing at the end of your last thread. Using a 1 week cycle then I start over.
Oh, well ....never got to thank you for all your charts and post, they helped get me where I am today....

:D

Why is it that you guys get all antsy-in-the-pantsy and so desperately want to jump of the Forex ship into Futures and Options and such?
(Question not so much aimed at es/pip, as he has always been on the e-minis anyway)

Well, I remember Sam Seiden saying that he preferred trading Forex Futures over Spot Forex, but I don't remember his reasons why, do any of you know why??

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Great to see you.....I know what you mean about the forum, up till now its been pretty scarce. I'm going to move to futures hopefully late this year and do both until i'm setup completely on futures. I like gold, and cocoa, sugar....
Scalping burned you out eh? I'm not to that point yet, too lucrative. I use a MM based off space and what you were doing at the end of your last thread. Using a 1 week cycle then I start over.
Oh, well ....never got to thank you for all your charts and post, they helped get me where I am today....

Good to hear of your success and glad i can help. The things I shared were adaptations of a common thread I found among a few top traders I studied. It just boiled down to EDGE & Aggressive Pushing. Heck the M.I.T. guys did that with their blackjack method.

I have traded gold, silver, corn, wheat, pork, and s&p500 emini. Do u plan on scalping outrights? Scalping was indeeed lucrative, but I am in search for a better time vs return balance.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:25 pm

MO mentioned the hours of the market. I think he said it was the most likely market to consistently win in.

I've bought a couple of his recommendations (book and DVD) but I haven't had time to look at them. I started Forex a couple of years ago and only dabbled in it but I would like to make some consistent money in it before trying something different.

What's the smallest account you can have to trade options or futures?

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:29 pm

TygerKrane wrote:

Why is it that you guys get all antsy-in-the-pantsy and so desperately want to jump of the Forex ship into Futures and Options and such?
(Question not so much aimed at es/pip, as he has always been on the e-minis anyway)

Well, I remember Sam Seiden saying that he preferred trading Forex Futures over Spot Forex, but I don't remember his reasons why, do any of you know why??

I comes down to personal reasons for me. If at one point I didn't continue to search and study I would have never found out how powerful trading forex can be. (Probably be trading stocks outright if I didn't) I am doing the same thing researching options.

*Options have staying power
*Risk is set and known
*Good leverage exists
*Unlimited combinations available
*Brokers seem less of a risk
*Basically everything I learned about Forex applies
*Futures and stock markets are not open 24hours a day (sleep without worry)

I have not made a decision to go with options as of yet. They do get me excited tho :wink:

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:37 pm

trueblueTEX wrote:MO mentioned the hours of the market. I think he said it was the most likely market to consistently win in.

I've bought a couple of his recommendations (book and DVD) but I haven't had time to look at them. I started Forex a couple of years ago and only dabbled in it but I would like to make some consistent money in it before trying something different.

What's the smallest account you can have to trade options or futures?

Smallest account is $2000 and up, at least from the broker's perspective. From a money management viewpoint you need enough to keep your risk ratios right. Trading the emini sp 500, if i remember correctly was $12.5 a tick so 2 ticks lost would be >1% of your account.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:13 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
trueblueTEX wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:
trueblueTEX wrote:When you get a "hit" on your radar screen, would you post what that looks like?

U talkin' to Me?!? :shock:

Yeah, I should 've quoted you. :wink:

Well for starters, it's not as exciting or as instantaneous as a "hit", more like a slowly building warm feeling as I__ <¤1>look at each pair across its timeframes and decide whether it is "Trade Long/Scalp Short" or vice versa; then__ <¤2>look for which smaller tf PA I am more comfortable [s]getting into[/s] attempting to get into.
  • I don't pay attention to any news
  • I don't pay attention to any economic report releases
  • I don't pay attention to any perceived strength of a particular currency (i.e. I don't care if EUR looks to be kicking everyone's a$$)
If pairs are correlated (directly/indirectly), I WILL check out their average daily and weekly pip ranges (via another nifty radar screen) to decide which one to attempt for.

Thanks, Tyger. So many different ways to do this that I want to figure out one approach that I can do repeatedly and accurately (as in execution, not in outcome).

Oh, how do you do money management/risk?

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:49 pm

TygerKrane wrote:

Tyger,

For me its a goal to prove to myself it can be done. In 2008, early, my 1st

time trading ever was with a friend that "new what he was doing" I

entered long on gold futures with a 3k account. On a recommendation, he

would then explain why he went were in that long position as we made

hundreds of dollars. Well 20 min after entering the trade, I was down

This physically made me sick, after convincing my wife to give permission

of all we had saved at the time to trade it, I had convinced her this guy

knew what he was doing. Knowing she would be home in 4 hrs from work

and I would have to explain that this guy didn't know jack about trading

and apologize for ever putting our hard earned cash as risk, my blood

pressure was through the roof. I did so, and wonderful as my wife is, she

saw the anguish it was causing me all on my own and replied "It's alright,

calm down, its not worth having a heart attack over. Your much to loved

and needed as the head of our family for that to happen" That's why I

love her... I have done less worse and gotten more grief in the past..lol

Anyways, I stayed in the trade for 6 hrs and it came back to breakeven

and I closed it. Valuable lesson learned. If i'm going to risk our money,

then do it on my own. Over the next 6 months, still not fully understanding

price action, I whittled away my account on my bad trades, not others

recommendations. I took a picture of that trade and many other trades

that I took which eventually blew that account out. I am now amazed at

how I could even entertain those trades knowing what I know now. Man

didn't mean to rant...Point is, its less volatile, and just as lucrative if not

more and it would be closure for me personally to go back and make that

money back on the futures. A personal goal yet to be met.
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Cool story, dojirock!!! I blew $10K on a deal where 6 of us ponied up to the scalping king who was gonna trade for us.

Yeah, you know how that story ends.

I am reading the Trendsetter thread on babypips and you are in there a lot ;-)

Since I'm reading history, did you make it with the trend setter indi or the 3 cc? Did you get space down?

It's a good thing wives can be amazing :-)

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 pm

true,

No, I tried to understand the trendsetter indi...no prevail...i have given up on long term trading..just does not work for me at this point in my life. 3cc is of some help..but its really understanding the emotions of price action. Once you finally figure that out.....it almost becomes easy. I have a rendition of space I will share when I get back from my trip if you want, I will do it on my thread so not to muddy up what MO is doing....
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Return to “TheRumpledOne”