The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

TheRumpledOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:27 pm

cheunt3 wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:Has anyone coded an indicator or spreadsheet to calculate space? I just can't seem to figure it out. I want to code an indicator but I need exact, detailed, specific formulas.

Bredin did some, I grabbed it before his site went dark. He's a NZer. Probably driving a convoy to his capital to protest the nonsense :lol:

Indicators don't work for current MT4 build though.

II_Space_Calculator.mq4

II_Space.mq4

I fixed the variable names so the indicators compile. But they look like they need a little work.
Attachments
II_Space.mq4
(80.3 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
II_Space_Calculator.mq4
(14.57 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:03 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
cheunt3 wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:Has anyone coded an indicator or spreadsheet to calculate space? I just can't seem to figure it out. I want to code an indicator but I need exact, detailed, specific formulas.

Bredin did some, I grabbed it before his site went dark. He's a NZer. Probably driving a convoy to his capital to protest the nonsense :lol:

II_Space_Calculator.mq4

II_Space.mq4

I fixed the variable names so the indicators compile. But they look like they need a little work.

Space calculator isn't bad. Calculates the lot size by your inputs of $$ loss and distance in pips.

Are indicators able to continually recalculate or would that be an EA? In the Space Calculator example, it doesn't change the lot size if you modify the size of the box.
"If you're wrong, guess what...thats TRADING"

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:08 am

BambinoFlex wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
cheunt3 wrote:

II_Space_Calculator.mq4

II_Space.mq4

Space calculator isn't bad. Calculates the lot size by your inputs of $$ loss and distance in pips.

Are indicators able to continually recalculate or would that be an EA? In the Space Calculator example, it doesn't change the lot size if you modify the size of the box.

Yes, if they are coded to do that.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:13 am

aliassmith wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:
BambinoFlex wrote:
Isn’t space the formula you share on your videos? Difference is the distance of the said space.

That’s why, MO says once you half your space, you can double your position because max risk is still the same but now you have twice as much of a position.

I think there is more to it than the STOP LOSS and POSITION SIZE formulas.

I remember MO trying to explain this to you years ago. You should really run away fast because whenever you see OPM come out somewhere you pop up and are negative about it. OPM and Moving Averages must be trigger words for you.

SPACE Is a methodology of using OPM. If you hate OPM we can call it Donational Investment Capital.

Negative? No, it's just that from the study and research that has been done, thinking of winnings as "house money" or "OPM" leads most to ruin.

If a concept is presented as a formula, then I can grasp it and code it. I can only code what I understand.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:22 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:

I remember MO trying to explain this to you years ago. You should really run away fast because whenever you see OPM come out somewhere you pop up and are negative about it. OPM and Moving Averages must be trigger words for you.

SPACE Is a methodology of using OPM. If you hate OPM we can call it Donational Investment Capital.

Negative? No, it's just that from the study and research that has been done, thinking of winnings as "house money" or "OPM" leads most to ruin.

If a concept is presented as a formula, then I can grasp it and code it. I can only code what I understand.

Based on Space Calculator, its the Position Size Formula. Risk/Stop Loss Distance. Where risk is notated in money terms and Stop loss Distance is the edge of your box/space.

You're talking about similar, but different scenarios with the idea of "house money" and OPM. House money idea comes into play because its believed that past winnings will make the gambler take "riskier" plays. OPM and space seem to overcome that idea since you're still using the same risk amount $$. The difference is that now you have an increase from your starting amount but your total risk remains the same. Just because you won $100, doesn't mean your box (space) is going to get larger...it stays the same as before the win. With OPM, you're creating a buffer so to speak. This buffer, for an inexperienced trader without a trading plan, can very well have a house money effect. For an experienced trader with a trading plan, it works to protect your account from busting. This is because the trader with a trading plan WON'T risk more simply because he has "OPM" the risk will continue being the same and the trade setups will continue being the same as well. It fits the sword and shield analogy. You're pushing against your adversary, not wanting to give back an inch, creating as much space as possible from your starting point to protect you if you happen to need the shield. The goal is to not lose the account.

As mentioned, I would argue that the idea of space and OPM actually counteract the house money effect.

BambinoFlex

Postby BambinoFlex » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:27 am

After OPM, it seems that the idea is to reduce the box size, allowing for larger positions. As mentioned though, you're not taking more risk since if you halve your space but double your position, your risk remains the same. The chance of getting stopped out might increase but risk is the same. I'm assuming if you lose the second trade, then you return to using the size of the first box, still keeping risk the same but now you have doubled your box size and halved your position size. Doing so will decrease the probability of being stopped out.

That's what I'm getting out of it.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:35 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
aliassmith wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:

The OPM we/I am discussing isn't a path to ruin. Its the same as a business. You want to make your riskier advertising/marketing with your cashflow not your base funding. The idea is to create a cashflow and not increasing your burn rate buy increasing your risk.

So you start at .33% which is below your acceptable risk to create cash flow. When you build SPACE (new account - old account) you can start new projects with your acceptable risk tolerance of say .5% or 1% depending on how much space is created.

The idea of SPACE can be used at the trade, position, and/or account levels.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!
Maximum Size for Maximum Rides$$$ :shock:

Return to “TheRumpledOne”