The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

paweldobkowski

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby paweldobkowski » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:36 am

Mira wrote:Resizing the trade to manage risk vs volatility is sick BTW.
I can’t find an easy way to do it :?

Yeah. That is an issue.

Although I'm not sure what You mean by saying that there's no easy way to do it. It could mean two things:
1) you don't know when the contraction/ expansion will happen - so the volatility becomes somehow not defined.
2) (more of my past problem) you know the volatility, you have a way to define it but it's hard to dynamically adjust Your stop loss to a certain percentage or amount of money.

So I guess I'll address both. But let's be real here for a second - I come here from time to time and I don't read everything. I know that You guys go deep with this s**t so my answers might be nothing new.

1) Let's say You play a certain setup. Any setup. Let's say it's a whipsaw. You wait for the market to create a cluster. You wait for it to be fake broken one way, turn back and margin call bunch of fckn dreamers. What You would do is probably set a stop loss above or below the fake break. So in my opinion the bigger the stop loss you need to use the greater the volatility. So it all kinda sets itself up. You know what I mean? If you play SUP/ RES zones. If the market is quiet the zone will be smaller = smaller stop = smaller potential gain. I'm talking intraday trading btw. It's the only thing I really know.

2) If the above isn't Your problem but Your problem is the quick adjusting of the position depending on the volatility that You somehow defined here's an idea. Years ago I teamed up with a trader/ programmer. Great guy. I was trying to scalp so as You can imagine fast sizing became an issue. We dodged the problem and we came up with this idea: You look at the chart. The market is trading. And You wait for Your setup. At the moment at which You see Your s**t going down You take horizontal line and You drop it on the chart - above or below the current price. If You drop it above You open a short position, if You drop it below You open long position AT MARKET. The horizontal line becomes Your stop loss and the space between the line and the current market price is obviously your risk and we would define that as 1% of the account or the fixed amount of money. So risk was always the same but the position would change. Unfortunately I don't have the EA anymore as I don't use Meta Trader for some time now. But I think You could easily get it coded for a small price.

But if none of the above concerns You. I'm fckd :wink:
Seriously tho let me know what did You mean by saying that there's no easy way.
im gluten free intolerant

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. D

Postby Mr. D » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi,

Is the thread alive? What would be important posts and pages to read beside pages 1-2?

Thanks,

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 pm

Mr. D wrote:Hi,

Is the thread alive? What would be important posts and pages to read beside pages 1-2?

Thanks,

Hi Mr D

No, the thread isn’t active at the moment.
About important posts.. it depends.
All the pages are full of knowledge and MightyOne changed his style many times in this thread.
However you can start to read posts from page 400 to get an idea about patterns and breakouts.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:11 pm

Mira wrote:

Thanks,

Hi Mr D

All the pages are full of knowledge and MightyOne changed his style many times in this thread.
However you can start to read posts from page 400 to get an idea about patterns and breakouts.

I'm not too sure Mightyone changed his style as much as he was trying to figure out ways to help kreslik people become profitable by trying to simplify his concepts over time.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

aliassmith wrote:
Mira wrote:

Thanks,

Hi Mr D

I'm not too sure Mightyone changed his style as much as he was trying to figure out ways to help kreslik people become profitable by trying to simplify his concepts over time.

Pretty much what I wanted to say.

I have a basic English, basic English basic phrases :lol:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Gauer

Postby Gauer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:17 pm

MightyOne wrote:USDZARH4_PNF.png

Hi there mate!

where I can download this PnF indicator? What is the name? Looks very nice.

Cheers!

IgazI

Postby IgazI » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:44 pm

The dragons were real :shock: :lol:

imagine_dragons.png
imagine_dragons.png (247.02 KiB) Viewed 13777 times
"Everything Should Be Made As Simple As Possible, But Not Simpler!"

forexworld

Postby forexworld » Tue May 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Hey guys, new member here

anyone that uses this type of trading has mentor programs? im interested in joining

be61337

Postby be61337 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi i was watching your video about trading off of the daily open line. can you guide me on where to find the indicator that you used to show you all the pairs and and how far up or down they have crossed the daily open line

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 pm

be61337 wrote:Hi i was watching your video about trading off of the daily open line. can you guide me on where to find the indicator that you used to show you all the pairs and and how far up or down they have crossed the daily open line

Not sure if you are asking the right traders about indicators. The dashboards are donational indicators. There are threads on this site for the donationals.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”