The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: Re:

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:10 am

MightyOne wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:
I cant help but comment. I remember V8 mentioning a "ideas I trade by 2" with one of the topics being long term trades. I know there are a lot of scalpers here on Kreslik, but damn I would love to see post on that. I know there was other ideas that u were thinking about talking about, but I cant recall them now.

It is coded into the EIGHTS strategy; how you trade large charts is almost the same as how you trade small charts: I say 'almost' because there are differences (smaller %spreads, wider lines = more aggressive trading, micro managing, don't have to worry about price spikes, etc)

Risk lines & make lines. Need more info? Risk lines & make lines!

5 lines is not a lot of profit at your starting lot size, but after you spend some time stacking it can add up to a pretty penny.
GBPNZDWeekly.png

Nope. I need some MO crazy charting reading skills. Haha. But honestly you have already given so much (and I have understood so much). Im gonna do a post in my thread recapping my trading for the year. Wasn't bad for my 1st year, but not even in the same ballpark as any other trader on here. But I think I know what I need to work at. Feel free to comment
Attachments
GBPNZDWeekly.png
GBPNZDWeekly.png (35.37 KiB) Viewed 4667 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mr. Hyde

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:00 am

But in all honestly. Even though I see a 123 sell on GN on the daily, a quick zoom out and then I can see this possibility. This is where my problems lies. Long term direction. Maybe that 123 is just a pullback and not a trend change. Which leaves me wondering where and when to take profit.
Attachments
gbpnzd-d1-fx-choice-limited.png
gbpnzd-d1-fx-choice-limited.png (42.38 KiB) Viewed 4662 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:52 am

Yup. 15* angle post. Feel free to ignore it MO.

So on my EA 4h chart my first angle is the dashed up line that cuts through the BO. Then I find its opposite. Now I can transfer these angles. While I have very little understanding of the angles, one thin I have noticed is if you transfer the angles to price extremes, a lot of the times it will pin point exactly where price will turn. The line with a 1 matches to the other point 1 and 2 to 2.
euraud-h4-fx-choice-limited.png
euraud-h4-fx-choice-limited.png (34.78 KiB) Viewed 4966 times

Now for the weird looking median line drawn (or is it a fork, what the hell is a fork and fork progections). I tried to copy what u did in your picture. Probably failed horribly.
Pic wont load. But its the 1st post on page 125

Then there is the post were you say "the con that price enters or will enter (after a BO) is the cone you should pay attention to." Im guessing this is a nice piece of the puzzle.
i60_tinypic_com__2mhzml5.png
i60_tinypic_com__2mhzml5.png (67.63 KiB) Viewed 4966 times

Then is a before and after pics of your median line/fork projection method. Which was pretty freaking accurate. But still unclear on it.
i58_tinypic_com__14iq3kp.png
i58_tinypic_com__14iq3kp.png (48.48 KiB) Viewed 4966 times

i58_tinypic_com__s12a6q.png
i58_tinypic_com__s12a6q.png (37.86 KiB) Viewed 4966 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:52 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:But in all honestly. Even though I see a 123 sell on GN on the daily, a quick zoom out and then I can see this possibility. This is where my problems lies. Long term direction. Maybe that 123 is just a pullback and not a trend change. Which leaves me wondering where and when to take profit.

I will just make guesses based on the smaller charts and the MN candle.

I'm going to assume that a red candle is going to: close a red candle, have a body size that is similar to what I have seen in the past, and either be shorter or longer than the prev. candle.

im.png
im.png (19.27 KiB) Viewed 4966 times

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 am

MightyOne wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:But in all honestly. Even though I see a 123 sell on GN on the daily, a quick zoom out and then I can see this possibility. This is where my problems lies. Long term direction. Maybe that 123 is just a pullback and not a trend change. Which leaves me wondering where and when to take profit.

I'm going to assume that a red candle is going to: close a red candle, have a body size that is similar to what I have seen in the past, and either be shorter or longer than the prev. candle.

im.png

Hum. Probably reading to much into. But the low of you imaginary candle is right at the daily zline. So probably a downward move for this month or next few weeks and then a return to the uptrend, possibly.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:13 am

So I drew the red median line 1st. Noticed how wide the lines were. So looked for a smaller one. But for entry either would work, the red one would require a sliding parallel. MO "they will even create a buffer zone for price to break/move out of". Not positive but feel like that would be directed at something like this. The blue one would work by itself. Look for a test and retest. Put sl below the pivot. Now if using the red median line I would have taken half the position off at resistance and then used a stop profit put under the swing lows while letting the other half run to the median line. Blue median exit fully at the upper parallel which intersects with resistance.
Attachments
cadjpy-d1-fx-choice-limited.png
cadjpy-d1-fx-choice-limited.png (43.76 KiB) Viewed 4963 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:53 am

Mr. Hyde wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

im.png

Hum. Probably reading to much into. But the low of you imaginary candle is right at the daily zline. So probably a downward move for this month or next few weeks and then a return to the uptrend, possibly.

With ya, guys!

9C2420C6-2AB3-4BEF-A78B-1608935E0F7E.jpeg
9C2420C6-2AB3-4BEF-A78B-1608935E0F7E.jpeg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 4934 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Hum. Probably reading to much into. But the low of you imaginary candle is right at the daily zline. So probably a downward move for this month or next few weeks and then a return to the uptrend, possibly.

IMHO that is the essence of the uncertainty of trading. We don't know for sure that the candle will stay red. We don't know if it will reach the imaginary level within its TF. If it reaches the daily Z-line, then we can check to see whether there are signs of reversal.

We do know that the candle is red NOW, so on that TF, short trades are wiser, until the chart shows otherwise. Of course that could be the wrong decision for this particular candle. That's the risk. Ah whatever.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Err on the side of color.

GBPNZDMonthly.png
GBPNZDMonthly.png (24.61 KiB) Viewed 4955 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:So I drew the red median line 1st. Noticed how wide the lines were. So looked for a smaller one. But for entry either would work, the red one would require a sliding parallel. MO "they will even create a buffer zone for price to break/move out of". Not positive but feel like that would be directed at something like this. The blue one would work by itself. Look for a test and retest. Put sl below the pivot. Now if using the red median line I would have taken half the position off at resistance and then used a stop profit put under the swing lows while letting the other half run to the median line. Blue median exit fully at the upper parallel which intersects with resistance.

My shy attempts :oops: :lol:

roadmap.PNG
roadmap.PNG (35.66 KiB) Viewed 4932 times
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Return to “TheRumpledOne”