The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Piphunter00 wrote:
Suprisingly simple! You are beginning to boil down your complex understanding into very digestable info MO!

Once weve fleshed out the zone isit just a matter of waiting for price to exit. Or do you prefer a close out of the zone then back in for BDP?

H4 = 2 lines of M30
D1 = 4
W1 = 8
MN = 16

I start with taking 2 or 3 lines of profit ('macro scalping') and then obsorb a portion of the profits to increase the position size ('stacking'); increasing size is worth more than holding:
maybe I exit and watch price move another 140 pips, but if my size doubles twice then that was only worth 35 pips (140/4) and on a future trade it is the same as bringing in 560 pips (140*4).

If I were waiting for the D1 to move through 2 lines then that is 8 lines at M30 size or if I thought that the body of the monthly candle would shrink by 1.5 lines then that is +24 lines: small expectations on large charts are large expectations on small charts.

How hard is it to double your position size?

If your risk-box is 8 lines and you make 8 lines then that is x(16/8) or double
or
if you make 3.5 lines twice in a row then that is x((11.5/8)*(11.5/8)) or a little over double.

If you make 1 monthly line then that is 24/8, or triple, and a double followed by a triple is 6x

The larger your position size the more you tend to trade larger charts for fewer lines so that short-term fluctuations don't break your bank:
instead of trading $150 per 10 pips on the M30 you might trade $150 per 40 on the D1; you are making 2 or 3 lines either way.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Piphunter00

Postby Piphunter00 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:18 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Piphunter00 wrote:
Suprisingly simple! You are beginning to boil down your complex understanding into very digestable info MO!

Once weve fleshed out the zone isit just a matter of waiting for price to exit. Or do you prefer a close out of the zone then back in

Thanks Mo! The money management i understand only thing im confused about is if there is a further checkpoint after fleshing out the zone. Or is it simply if price exits zone in your direction then enter position?

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 am

MightyOne wrote:
Buy below pointy places and vise versa.

Trying to get my head around this one sentence. Would this mean to buy below a high extreme, as in, wait for a pull back before buying in the direction of trend?

It could also be interpreted to mean: buy below an already established low. For example, if there's a swing pivot, try to buy lower than that.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm

PhilipLangford wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

Trying to get my head around this one sentence. Would this mean to buy below a high extreme, as in, wait for a pull back before buying in the direction of trend?

It could also be interpreted to mean: buy below an already established low. For example, if there's a swing pivot, try to buy lower than that.

It is right there in the picture; I am referring to the 2 SMA.

As far as Piphunter00's question concerning entries, one is simply risking lines and making lines:
1. price closes between two lines
2. Enter when price leaves the area
Similar methods are: Rat-trade, Sweet Spots, Point & Figure, HOLO, & Buy-zone with a bias.

Resist the temptation to intercept wicks on small charts with small stops; wait for the close inside
of the zone.
c_triggers.png
c_triggers.png (8.85 KiB) Viewed 4288 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm

USDCADMonthly.png
USDCADMonthly.png (36.36 KiB) Viewed 4288 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 pm

MightyOne wrote:

OK... MO, here we go again. WHAT IS A POINTY PLACE?

Can you PLEASE mark the Pointy Places on the chart and where/when you would buy/sell?

I DO NOT SEE "IT". I know it is me, not you.

Thanks.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 pm

ya.png
ya.png (44.34 KiB) Viewed 4236 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:49 pm

Simple.png
Simple.png (137.64 KiB) Viewed 4240 times

Mr. Hyde

Re: Re:

Postby Mr. Hyde » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:26 pm

MightyOne wrote:
***FX-JEDI*** wrote:Sounds like a top idea MO.
I really appreciate the effort you put into this forum. I’m currently slowly reading through this thread, branching off here and there to follow some of your links. So I have half a dozen tabs open with different threads of yours.
I’m thinking of downloading some and collating then into some study, reference notes for myself.
If that is ok by you.
Cheers Tim

Please don't do that as you will be mixing and mashing different approaches to the method.

Starting from here is fine:

Postby co2t » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 am

I really need to lock this thread and start a new one...

I cant help but comment. I remember V8 mentioning a "ideas I trade by 2" with one of the topics being long term trades. I know there are a lot of scalpers here on Kreslik, but damn I would love to see post on that. I know there was other ideas that u were thinking about talking about, but I cant recall them now.

MightyOne

Re: Re:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
I cant help but comment. I remember V8 mentioning a "ideas I trade by 2" with one of the topics being long term trades. I know there are a lot of scalpers here on Kreslik, but damn I would love to see post on that. I know there was other ideas that u were thinking about talking about, but I cant recall them now.

It is coded into the EIGHTS strategy; how you trade large charts is almost the same as how you trade small charts: I say 'almost' because there are differences (smaller %spreads, wider lines = more aggressive trading, micro managing, don't have to worry about price spikes, etc)

Risk lines & make lines. Need more info? Risk lines & make lines!

5 lines is not a lot of profit at your starting lot size, but after you spend some time stacking it can add up to a pretty penny.
GBPNZDWeekly.png
GBPNZDWeekly.png (30.97 KiB) Viewed 4230 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”