The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Mira » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:20 pm

elkin.fernandez wrote:Mira, you identify PATTERNS with many closes in a tight level of price or with Extreme 1 - Extreme 2?

Just Trade It (JTI)

Extreme 1 - Extreme 2 !
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

elkin.fernandez

Postby elkin.fernandez » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:26 pm

If you want to learn how to read a chart then focus on patterns and breakouts.

That sound easy. LOL. I have several days and I believe to identify them. I know where these come from. But the problem is where these go. Four time my SL has been stopped. :(

Just Trade It (JTI)
My long term bag: Bitcoin, ZCash and Chainlink 8)

elkin.fernandez

Postby elkin.fernandez » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:28 pm

MIra how many candles has to close below in order to know if price does not go up?. Sometime I see price close below, price break the pattern I wait, after price return to pattern I enter and price go ahead and stopped me. :(

I tryed with extremes like images above but I dont see it. I don´t understand if it is easy for me it is difficult. LOL :(

I decided use EIGHTs for my MM (understand so good the concept). Charts is the piece that left in order to complete the puzzle.

Just Trade It.

elkin.fernandez

Postby elkin.fernandez » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Mira, How do you determine extremes?

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:43 pm

I have read the entire thread and internalized the concepts. The repeated explanations by Mighty One, in his vast patience (infinite?) actually helped to drum in the understanding.

The eights/lines trading reminds me very much of TRO's traplines (first mention thereof in this thread), though the money management is homogenized across all time frames.

I wonder what changed the idea of maxing out leverage and riding on ever bigger timeframes while space expands to colossal levels, to reducing size as you move up the time frames? Was it not as profitable?

My broker offers me 5000:1 leverage. If I maxed that out and rode a multi month rally, I might just buy peace on earth.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:12 pm

PhilipLangford wrote:I have read the entire thread and internalized the concepts. The repeated explanations by Mighty One, in his vast patience (infinite?) actually helped to drum in the understanding.

The eights/lines trading reminds me very much of TRO's traplines (first mention thereof in this thread), though the money management is homogenized across all time frames.

I wonder what changed the idea of maxing out leverage and riding on ever bigger timeframes while space expands to colossal levels, to reducing size as you move up the time frames? Was it not as profitable?

My broker offers me 5000:1 leverage. If I maxed that out and rode a multi month rally, I might just buy peace on earth.

I have never heard of 'trap-lines', do you have a link?

Size is only reduced so that the money per line is the same:

Let's say that you are trading the H1 with 2 lines of risk, you take profit, and then you notice that the D1 chart of another pair looks like an amazing short; according to EIGHTS strategy you would reduce your position size by 75%, multiply your line width by 4, and then trade the D1 as you would the H1 chart for the same amount of money per line (you could also start at H1 size and close 75% of your position when a D1 entry line is hit).

At this stage of the game you are not trying to maximize pip gains, you are simply trying to make a few lines and then absorb the profits so that you can increase your position size.

Once you understand why you might alter your position size you can begin to come up with your own strategies.

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:11 am

I have never heard of 'trap-lines', do you have a link?

Size is only reduced so that the money per line is the same:

Let's say that you are trading the H1 with 2 lines of risk, you take profit, and then you notice that the D1 chart of another pair looks like an amazing short; according to EIGHTS strategy you would reduce your position size by 75%, multiply your line width by 4, and then trade the D1 as you would the H1 chart for the same amount of money per line (you could also start at H1 size and close 75% of your position when a D1 entry line is hit).

At this stage of the game you are not trying to maximize pip gains, you are simply trying to make a few lines and then absorb the profits so that you can increase your position size.

Once you understand why you might alter your position size you can begin to come up with your own strategies.

I have a copy of TRO's Trapline Trading Strategy floating around on a drive somewhere, but TRO was not giving it away and it looks like it's no longer up for sale. Maybe ask him about it.

The charts are fractal across timeframes, but IMHO it's a different psychology to scalp 15M bars than to use the same set ups on D1, W1 bars. Minutes versus days/weeks for a trade to unfold. During times of expected volatility (NFP this week), then the bigger charts behave like their smaller cousins, and the effect of giant pip moves can be dampened with the use of eights.

The strategy is a safe play, profitable and brilliant in its simplicity, but used alone will not add zeroes to an account in a year. Adding size and reducing space can add zeroes. Even from a standing start.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:36 pm

PhilipLangford wrote:
...but used alone will not add zeroes to an account in a year. Adding size and reducing space can add zeroes. Even from a standing start.

If you punch numbers into a compound interest calculator then you will see that +0 is less than a 1% gain per day.

The reason why one does not add a zero is because it is impossible to catch up with compounding returns if you are constantly in drawdown.

You are right though, staying out of drawdown is not enough, you have to increase your position size at some point or get left behind.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:17 pm

MightyOne wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:
...but used alone will not add zeroes to an account in a year. Adding size and reducing space can add zeroes. Even from a standing start.

If you punch numbers into a compound interest calculator then you will see that +0 is less than a 1% gain per day.

The reason why one does not add a zero is because it is impossible to catch up with compounding returns if you are constantly in drawdown.

You are right though, staying out of drawdown is not enough, you have to increase your position size at some point or get left behind.

I'm standing here.
Someone fire the starting gun please.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:27 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:I'm standing here.
Someone fire the starting gun please.

Haha, I'm just the new guy and I feel like I know the characters from way back in this thread. It's really an epic read.

Pro, you can always pull the trigger yourself. Fear of loss? Start with micro lots. Risk 0.1% per trade. Even from there, with a few aggressive doubles, it's possible to increase size and run with the big dogs.

I think success in MightyOne's strategy does require a certain mind set. You have to know that the strategy works (I see it as a reverse martingale). You have to be prepared to take seemingly frequent small losses, particularly in reducing size and re-inflating space. You have to physically watch the markets almost all the time.

What holds you back?

Return to “TheRumpledOne”