The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:51 am

MightyOne wrote:What is with the anti-PRO movement these days?

Maybe I missed a post or two ;)

Not sure, but Pro showed me what he was working on and I utilized a small part of it to help distinguish valid levels from invalid levels and it make a big difference for me. Now I can see! Also trading with more than one time frame, finally clicked.

Forums as a mean of communication often lead to misunderstandings.
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Lots of questions:

How could you now for sure that...

Nothing is known for sure.

On a large chart it looks like magic but when you drop down to the 7 and 90 minute charts then it becomes obvious.

where should I liquidate?

It is not a question of where but of when:

the second step is to increase your lot size and hopefully max it out...
on the way towards max lot size you have a % in your head that you are targeting

say account +25% (start with something smaller like 12.5%)

when you hit your % target then you liquidate! Forget about pips.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Can someone help through example of Space trade please? i hoping this help me see it and will help others.

I put up a chart of starting point, its weekly extreme on daily chart and lets say i start with 100 pips of space.

What is the first step?

There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 pm

bettlebox wrote:Can someone help through example of Space trade please? i hoping this help me see it and will help others.

I put up a chart of starting point, its weekly extreme on daily chart and lets say i start with 100 pips of space.

What is the first step?

Okay this may not be exactly what you were looking for... but its how I am starting to see it all unfold... (i could be wrong)

Above is an example of a 100pip box of space that is taken off the Weekly Extreme on the H8

Price rallies away from the pivot lows and returns to the Mighty Zone / Zline / Demand Zone

A trade is taken off the 6 Lot Line (1 Third 0.333) of the space has been compressed instantly

If the Risk% is 2% on $10 000

Then $200 trades at 2Lots "2*100"

If 2 Lots is represented by 4 Lots on the Position THEN 6 lots must be 6/4 = 1.5

1.5 + 2Lots = 3.5Lots @66.7 Pips Space (-100*0.3334)+100

THEN WE ADD 3 LOTS at 4 or the ENTRY @ 100 Pips

This Raises Our Stop to the 50% Line BUT Keeps our Space at 66.7Pips away from the ENTRY @ 100 Pips

However we have now added to our position by (Lots*0.5)+3.5 = (3.5*0.5)+3.5 = 5.25Lots is our new Position size...

IF we make 200pips from our Entry @ 100 Pips Space THEN we make 200*5.25 = $1050

Our Account is now worth $11 050 - 11% Gain
:smt065

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Thanks Jala, bit too detailed for what im looking for. im trying to put a higher level process how all the components fit together. Once have that the then it be simple matter fleshing it out with the calculations.

What do i mean by high level process?

i see it looking like this -.

Determine your space via this method. <--something like this/

Step 1. Draw up your fibo mod tell on a extreme.
Step 2. Price traces to X level that position with x units/lot
Step 3. Then determine your If/then line
Step 4. then re calculate your space using this formula.
step 5. Take profits
Step 6. resize space again using this formula and look for enter here and note if/then line.
Step 7......etc
Step 8......etc
Step 9. rinse and repeat.

I currently dont understand what the underlying process is because of dis-jointed information. Individual components ie fib mod tool, if/then lines etc i know what they are. But i don't understand how they fit together and form a process called "Space Trading".

Because i guarantee if you guess theres 100% chance you will wrong somewhere. That will screw you up big time.It seems like if get wrong it potiential of biting you in the azz.

So i thought instead guessing i would ask people with more experience to help me piece it together.

BB

Jalarupa wrote:
bettlebox wrote:Can someone help through example of Space trade please? i hoping this help me see it and will help others.

What is the first step?

Okay this may not be exactly what you were looking for... but its how I am starting to see it all unfold... (i could be wrong)

Above is an example of a 100pip box of space that is taken off the Weekly Extreme on the H8

Price rallies away from the pivot lows and returns to the Mighty Zone / Zline / Demand Zone

A trade is taken off the 6 Lot Line (1 Third 0.333) of the space has been compressed instantly

If the Risk% is 2% on $10 000

Then $200 trades at 2Lots "2*100"

If 2 Lots is represented by 4 Lots on the Position THEN 6 lots must be 6/4 = 1.5

1.5 + 2Lots = 3.5Lots @66.7 Pips Space (-100*0.3334)+100

THEN WE ADD 3 LOTS at 4 or the ENTRY @ 100 Pips

This Raises Our Stop to the 50% Line BUT Keeps our Space at 66.7Pips away from the ENTRY @ 100 Pips

However we have now added to our position by (Lots*0.5)+3.5 = (3.5*0.5)+3.5 = 5.25Lots is our new Position size...

IF we make 200pips from our Entry @ 100 Pips Space THEN we make 200*5.25 = $1050

Our Account is now worth $11 050 - 11% Gain
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 am

What is the first step?

STEP 1: Position: Simply place 00 behind a long term swing.

STEP 2: Lot Size: It is critical here that every lot size and resulting initial space makes perfect sense --->

You could: risk 10% of your account, have 250 space with 04, and enter short 20 lots all day long, but it probably doesn't make sense on a 4H chart esp if you look at a 04 lot entry.

After you decide how much space you need, so that even your smallest lot size makes perfect sense, the next step is to determine how much space you don't need (or won't need...at the moment).

To be safe, you should maintain a strong position.

If you are a greedy sob who is everything that is wrong in the world you will learn to trail your position behind the extremes.
There are some spots where you can triple your position on a BO of some level
(your position is still strong at this point, it is just based on new and higher extreme lows)
and risk 1.5% (+"their money") to make 41.5%+; sure you could play it safe, but that is no fun :P

I always manage to get people into trouble...

You are probably too conservative; so think about what you would do if you were balls to the walls aggressive and find some place to the right of middle.

aldomcfaldo

Postby aldomcfaldo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 am

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:38 am

Great video!
Life is just a journey

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Thanks MO This is very helpful. I appreciate it.

2 loose ends "pin cushion & 40% Max rule"

does pin cushion related to "00" levels or adjusted lot size space(step 2)?

and same question for 40%

does the 40% max line relate to "00" levels or adjusted lot size space(step 2)?

BB

MightyOne wrote:

What is the first step?

STEP 1: Position: Simply place 00 behind a long term swing.

STEP 2: Lot Size: It is critical here that every lot size and resulting initial space makes perfect sense --->

You could: risk 10% of your account, have 250 space with 04, and enter short 20 lots all day long, but it probably doesn't make sense on a 4H chart esp if you look at a 04 lot entry.

After you decide how much space you need, so that even your smallest lot size makes perfect sense, the next step is to determine how much space you don't need (or won't need...at the moment).

To be safe, you should maintain a strong position.

If you are a greedy sob who is everything that is wrong in the world you will learn to trail your position behind the extremes.
There are some spots where you can triple your position on a BO of some level
(your position is still strong at this point, it is just based on new and higher extreme lows)
and risk 1.5% (+"their money") to make 41.5%+; sure you could play it safe, but that is no fun :P

I always manage to get people into trouble...

You are probably too conservative; so think about what you would do if you were balls to the walls aggressive and find some place to the right of middle.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm

bettlebox wrote:Thanks MO This is very helpful. I appreciate it.

2 loose ends "pin cushion & 40% Max rule"

does pin cushion related to "00" levels or adjusted lot size space(step 2)?

and same question for 40%

does the 40% max line relate to "00" levels or adjusted lot size space(step 2)?

BB

Two different systems.

IF/THEN & the 40% rule were used when space was traded with the rectangle tool.

All entries were taken from what is now the 04 line:

These ideas are just not compatible with the fib tool (price retraces to large lot sizes, you enter, oh wait...40% rule is broken)

Now we use:

A stop at 00

A partial stop when increasing size on a BO

& partial TP while accumulating:

6/9, 9/7, 7/10, 10/8, etc

Return to “TheRumpledOne”