The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:42 pm

The 3xCC is just another way of looking at the single period; all of the single period opens and closes are visible.
Pick a 3xCC close, any close, and it will be the same close as the single period; this is not so with a true CC.

What you may not like is that there is no set "signal" to enter a trade.

You see something and then you commit to an action on a close:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks for the illustration.

Have you ever thought of using high / low (extremes) with something like your 3xCC indi, basically it would be similar to it but would use high / low data instead of close.

I think that exploration in the PnF world answered some questions and shed some light on why I had a problem with time based indi's (not just CC's) but I feel like there is still something missing. That's why I decided to go straight to the source and get a good grasp of what time is and then work backwards from there to SpaceTIME (top down approach).

What I am working with is that space can expand and contract, even collapse inward onto itself and time is a direction in space. Also there may be a hidden type of time from us which we might have to learn to ride. It's a interesting "trading universe" I'm just starting to explore...

But ultimately I don't want to confuse trading with science or science with the mathematics of mass psychology. I just look to it for creativity and inspiration and apply if it makes sense/discard what does not.
Life is just a journey

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:59 am

Your expressed concept of re-investing profits into either stop size OR lot value.
GOLDEN
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:27 am

Something MO did in relation to M1 a few weeks ago got me looking at my 3XCC in earnest yesterday as I attempted to get in on the extreme...

My first entry was early and I cut it at 4 pips loss (something MO says about exiting and getting a better price later...) Which I did at the next Psych, as I had been observing that SweetSpots (Psych Levels) really offer brilliant S&R in the short term... and then I tried to trade how I saw how price breaks a SweetSpot line off the 30s Chart, which seems to show it likes to rat the living daylights out of the breakout bounce... (this may be common knowledge to many but the light switched on yesterday)

What I did yesterday was basically look at PnF for possible SR and then drop to this M1 3xCC and took a closer look at what was happening, also threw in some Daily Open and Yearly Open S/R and I must say it was a greatly rewarding day in terms of newer discoveries which just add to what we've been shown by MO RE: Zlines and MOMO

So I'd say PT that yes Time and Space are important... but more so PRICE is what determines SR... just watch how the SweetSpots reject closes on the M1 3xCC's... also look at how many of the 3xCC's look like the WICKDOLLS... Sorry guys but the penny is dropping a little more each week...

Peace

:smt065

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 am

"So I'd say PT that yes Time and Space are important... but more so PRICE is what determines SR..."

Exploring possibilities at the moment, it keeps the boredom at bay :)
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 am

I plan on giving 3xCC another chance once Bredin makes MO's modification where everything is not on top of each other :)
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 am

" (this may be common knowledge to many but the light switched on yesterday) "

\:D/ :smt023 sweet
Life is just a journey

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:47 am

Can I just check whether I see this anything like I should or do I have it completely wrong? My charts aren't as they should as the 3CC messes up for me a lot and on some of the charts I just cannot get it to display even when I change object layers etc. Anyway.

Short time frame chart show 3CC as I understand it for reading PA etc

Do I have this right - consolidation, then momentum breakout, demand exceeds supply, price retraces back to mighty zone. Take entry on a CC closing within the mighty zone. Price will then go for or against.

Now this is where I continually get messed up, there's no way I was going to trade that chart long yesterday because of this on the higher timeframe:

So I was looking for shorts

And the end result was

Now I know you could say price is closing up BUT price DID close down with momo at a good level on the higher timeframe chart.

Did I get this completely wrong or is this just a 'that's trading' kind of example?

Thanks

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Gotta love double posts :x
Last edited by MightyOne on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 pm

comparisons: 1.The act or instance of comparing.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”