free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:28 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:TRO004.png

This is what I meant, MO.

Indicator attached.

Thanks, TRO, I'll look at it more later on today.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:24 am

MightyOne wrote:
TheRumpledOne wrote:TRO004.png

This is what I meant, MO.

Indicator attached.

Thanks, TRO, I'll look at it more later on today.

I just copy/pasted some code from another indicator I coded to get the correct values and then computed the spacing.

Should have input for price to start the plot. This way you could see if there is any "resistance" to achieving the number of lines you want.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

jscar

Postby jscar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:47 pm

I've posted mostly stuff on short-term (lots of M2 and M5 charts!). This will be focused primarily on HAGO at higher levels, but I'll touch on one or two points regarding lines as well. Sorry for the length. :mrgreen:

My HAGO indicator is set up to highlight the currently active HAGO line. Other lines are blended into the background, though you can see them pass through some of the bars. It uses the slightly older logic, with the high and low BO lines. On all of the charts shown here, the lines at right represent 4 actual lines for the chart TF.

On the weekly chart, I have placed an arrow showing where the low HAGO line is, since this was the active line when the current bar opened. It was clear by Monday morning US time we could look for a range expansion to the upside during the week. As the bar expanded, we can see that it was also entering a pattern area from several months ago. By this time, we had shifted to the high HAGO. The week peaked a bit short of the January high, and retreated back below high HAGO. From there, we'll shift down to D1.

Monday also opened near the low HAGO line on the daily bar. I will note that I have HAGO set up so that the lines are based on the next higher chart (daily HAGO lines are based on the previous W1 bar). Price passed through high HAGO on Monday, and retreated back to high HAGO on Tuesday before resuming the up move past the high BO line. It peaked on Wednesday, before beginning a pullback toward the BO line on Thursday. On Friday, it is now back below the BO line. Note also that by the Wednesday peak the W1 range was very near the weekly median range.

The lines on the right represent monthly lines on the D1 chart (they are = 4 D1 lines). So this week's range was a little more than 3 monthly lines.

On the H4 chart, I have a double arrow showing the low HAGO line below the first bar of the week. In this case, the level here was identical to the one on the weekly chart. I have also noted with a red arrow followed by a blue arrow the HAGO lines on this chart where we saw the pullback on the D1 bar for Tuesday. A trader looking at the lower Time Frames can take advantage of this to get better trade size, even if you're playing a weekly or monthly range expansion. The red arrow at top shows the level where price slipped below the high BO for good, at least on the H4 chart.

The H1 chart has the exact same red and blue arrows as H4. I've added a yellow arrow showing how HAGO provided some early warning about the up move continuing, before this was clear at H4. Of course, this could be a fake-out, so caution is still warranted.

In summary, I really like the way the active HAGO lines tell the story of a developing weekly bar, while it is happening. Great tool, MO! :D
Last edited by jscar on Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jscar

Postby jscar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 pm

I was going to post this with the previous entry, but I forgot. This is basically the same picture as the H1 chart in my last post.

I just wanted to note how the wick dolls on these two H1 bars respected the HAGO lines. Quite cool. 8)

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:43 pm

jscar wrote:I was going to post this with the previous entry, but I forgot. This is basically the same picture as the H1 chart in my last post.

I just wanted to note how the wick dolls on these two H1 bars respected the HAGO lines. Quite cool. 8)

I like your "next higher HAGO" idea.

jscar

Postby jscar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:09 pm

MightyOne wrote:
jscar wrote:I was going to post this with the previous entry, but I forgot. This is basically the same picture as the H1 chart in my last post.

Thanks MO!

It wasn't quite by accident, but almost. While I was putting in the code to highlight the active HAGO line, I decided to give this a whirl. It turned out that HAGO holds up really well as you move to smaller time frames. =D>

Anything smaller than H1 is tied to the HAGO for H1. So even though M5 and H1 have the same line spacing (as they should), M5 works with H1 HAGO. It looks good for early warning, and possibly for better timing on those wick dolls! I'm still studying this.

I'm keeping an eye on stuff like the H1 wick dolls, where price retraces back to the next HAGO line and then resumes the original direction. It looks like it could be a good spot to load up additional lots for the short term on an existing trade, or just to collect a few lines if you're not already in a trade. After all, an H1 bar alone is generally good for at least 3-4 lines.

EDIT: Of course it can also be a good method for adding lots and trailing your stop on a higher time frame as well. :oops:

Mira

Postby Mira » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 pm

jscar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:

Thanks MO!

It wasn't quite by accident, but almost. While I was putting in the code to highlight the active HAGO line, I decided to give this a whirl. It turned out that HAGO holds up really well as you move to smaller time frames. =D>

Anything smaller than H1 is tied to the HAGO for H1. So even though M5 and H1 have the same line spacing (as they should), M5 works with H1 HAGO. It looks good for early warning, and possibly for better timing on those wick dolls! I'm still studying this.

I'm keeping an eye on stuff like the H1 wick dolls, where price retraces back to the next HAGO line and then resumes the original direction. It looks like it could be a good spot to load up additional lots for the short term on an existing trade, or just to collect a few lines if you're not already in a trade. After all, an H1 bar alone is generally good for at least 3-4 lines.

EDIT: Of course it can also be a good method for adding lots and trailing your stop on a higher time frame as well. :oops:

I think I mess the the Hago strategy :!: :shock:
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mira

Postby Mira » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Is the same of horizontal lines but they work with TIME.
It's like watching two or more chart periods and patterns+BO's getting bigger in a fractal way.

But "how long" they will keep growing?
Just thoughts :D

IMG_2005.PNG
IMG_2005.PNG (88.97 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Changes:
1) automatically sets line width to 2/3 of the hourly's 48 ATR if LineWidth = 0.
2) if you want the lines to be spaced by 2/3 of the current width then you can set LineAdjust to 0.6667
3) modified the comments

[EDIT] Indicator crashes when changing periods. #-o

HKDJPYH1.png
HKDJPYH1.png (50.4 KiB) Viewed 3422 times

Mira

Re:

Postby Mira » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 pm

MightyOne wrote:Changes:
1) automatically sets line width to 2/3 of the hourly's 48 ATR if LineWidth = 0.
2) if you want the lines to be spaced by 2/3 of the current width then you can set LineAdjust to 0.6667
3) modified the comments

SweetSpotsGOLD_EIGHTS_V4.mq4

[EDIT] Indicator crashes when changing periods. #-o

HKDJPYH1.png

Hi MO!

In which situation would you suggest this new version of Eights?

Thank you!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”