The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

laksh

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby laksh » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:51 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:What's it say in blue? I can't see it.

I read it as...

(1) Surge in buying as prices break out on upside

(2) Traders look @ prev days chart and place buy orders. Manipulators sell short driving prices down to "Stop loss orders"

(3a) Weak Traders panic after seeing the size of yesterday's down bar and liquidate part or all of their position

(3b) Manipulators gladly relieve the traders of their (___?) burdens and buy their contracts

P.S: I am preparing for a PPL, so my eye sight is not bad :)

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Mira wrote:
You were draining the banks in 2002 too! :shock:
Was that Coffee @50 PUT hedging the future contract (Dec -2002 coffee)?

I hedged half of my coffee contracts, yes.

My first trade was a single gold contract. I remember being down $200 the moment that I placed the trade; "are you sure that you know what your doing?".

Shorly thereafter, not the same day, a plane flew into the trade center and the markets were shut down for a week. The broker then called me saying that "anything" could happen when the market opens and that I should get flat...I laughed so hard at his mental handicap (it's a gold contract, at 30 year lows, and we were just attacked...). When the market opened I was up about $1100.

I didn't have a computer, I had: a red pen, a phone, and a set of paper charts that was delivered once a week. When I opened the chartbook all I would see is: bars, lines, value of each line, and margin per contract. If I wanted to update my chart then I would call my broker and if I was in a live trade then I would call him every 30 minutes until I gained enough OPM to relax.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Mira wrote:
MightyOne wrote: You have so many lines, you risk so many lines, you make so many lines; it is as simple as that.

Ok now I get what is "normalizing risk"! Thanks

I think I just need to try to fully get how this works but, if I'm not wrong, the more I buy and the more chances to make profits at the same risk, trailing stop.
This is why you said that price doesn't need to move! :D

I'll not bother you over so I'm making my last question before I try it:

- what would you suggest to do if you still didn't reach the 2.2% target and you are moving from, i.e., a long to a short? Start again at 0.1% or take the lines gained and start from where you left (with normalized risk)?

Thank you MO!

It is simply a word for risking the same amount of money with a larger position size.

The idea is to accumulate size before a large chart makes a move (breakout/'trend'/range expansion):
if the large chart overlaps or stalls for any length of time then this gives you the opportunity to gather size.

Your size might double or triple within the pattern so you could end up making 4.4 or 6.6%, of the original amount, per H1 line (each MN line is 16 H1 lines), and make much more than you originally thought that you would make...
but sometimes you get so caught up in the daily grind that you forget to ride the elephants.

Getting to your target size is not a problem when you think about the time that it takes for a large chart to move; if you are preparing for a daily chart, where you have a day or a few days to prepare, then you will need to work a lot harder at getting that size up.

USDJPYMonthly.png
USDJPYMonthly.png (24.2 KiB) Viewed 4259 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:06 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:
MightyOne wrote: You have so many lines, you risk so many lines, you make so many lines; it is as simple as that.

Ok now I get what is "normalizing risk"! Thanks

I think I just need to try to fully get how this works but, if I'm not wrong, the more I buy and the more chances to make profits at the same risk, trailing stop.
This is why you said that price doesn't need to move! :D

I'll not bother you over so I'm making my last question before I try it:

- what would you suggest to do if you still didn't reach the 2.2% target and you are moving from, i.e., a long to a short? Start again at 0.1% or take the lines gained and start from where you left (with normalized risk)?

Thank you MO!

It is simply a word for risking the same amount of money with a larger position size.

The idea is to accumulate size before a large chart makes a move (breakout/'trend'/range expansion):
if the large chart overlaps or stalls for any length of time then this gives you the opportunity to gather size.

Your size might double or triple within the pattern so you could end up making 4.4 or 6.6%, of the original amount, per H1 line (each MN line is 16 H1 lines), and make much more than you originally thought that you would make...
but sometimes you get so caught up in the daily grind that you forget to ride the elephants.

Getting to your target size is not a problem when you think about the time that it takes for a large chart to move; if you are preparing for a daily chart, where you have a day or a few days to prepare, then you will need to work a lot harder at getting that size up.

USDJPYMonthly.png

Thank you for your reply MO!

I have to put it in my head, I don't know why I chase for small profits when I only need so few trades per month.
It's not about waiting, it's just a bad habit. #-o
The problem is that trading a big chart sized on a small one is scary.. but 0.1% per line is a very safe start :)
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:01 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:

My first trade was a single gold contract. I remember being down $200 the moment that I placed the trade; "are you sure that you know what your doing?".

Shorly thereafter, not the same day, a plane flew into the trade center and the markets were shut down for a week. The broker then called me saying that "anything" could happen when the market opens and that I should get flat...I laughed so hard at his mental handicap (it's a gold contract, at 30 year lows, and we were just attacked...). When the market opened I was up about $1100.

I didn't have a computer, I had: a red pen, a phone, and a set of paper charts that was delivered once a week. When I opened the chartbook all I would see is: bars, lines, value of each line, and margin per contract. If I wanted to update my chart then I would call my broker and if I was in a live trade then I would call him every 30 minutes until I gained enough OPM to relax.

I do not understand why I am always trying to serve 2 or MORE masters.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:13 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:

I do not understand why I am always trying to serve 2 or MORE masters.

Neither do I. But like usual all I can show is HTF momo, with a 15m momo entry w/ a 123 setup and a ross hook entry. The 4hr chart shows how horz and angles and crash zones all work in perfect harmony for exits. 121.50 and 118.50. The only thing that might change that is the fact that the gap has not been closed.
Attachments
eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png (50.06 KiB) Viewed 4111 times
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png (59.92 KiB) Viewed 4111 times

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:Neither do I. But like usual all I can show is HTF momo, with a 15m momo entry w/ a 123 setup and a ross hook entry. The 4hr chart shows how horz and angles and crash zones all work in perfect harmony for exits. 121.50 and 118.50. The only thing that might change that is the fact that the gap has not been closed.

It's amazing.
I still need a little practice but I can see what you're saying!

Thanks for your helpful charts Mr. Hyde!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Mira wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:Neither do I. But like usual all I can show is HTF momo, with a 15m momo entry w/ a 123 setup and a ross hook entry. The 4hr chart shows how horz and angles and crash zones all work in perfect harmony for exits. 121.50 and 118.50. The only thing that might change that is the fact that the gap has not been closed.

It's amazing.
I still need a little practice but I can see what you're saying!

Thanks for your helpful charts Mr. Hyde!

Start with the basics and build from that. Also have 2-3 computers with 2 demo accounts each and have different timeframes and angles and plans for up/down movement. Then just trust you charts.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Mira wrote:

I have to put it in my head, I don't know why I chase for small profits when I only need so few trades per month.
The problem is that trading a big chart sized on a small one is scary.. but 0.1% per line is a very safe start :)

If you have 9 lines on the H1 charts and you halve your size then you have 9 lines on the H4 chart and if you halve your size again then you have 9 lines on the daily chart.

If you have 9 lines on the daily chart and you double your size then you have 9 lines on the H4 chart and if you double your size again then you have 9 lines on the H1 chart.

You have lines, you risk lines, and you make lines.

You don't need to accumulate all of your lines in H1-, you can move up and down the periods.

If you make 20 lines on an H1 chart then you can trade up to 4 pairs with 5 lines of space & you can take certain trades up to higher periods and others to lower periods to be diversified between pairs and periods; that single trade is now a profit making engine.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:

If you have 9 lines on the H1 charts and you halve your size then you have 9 lines on the H4 chart and if you halve your size again then you have 9 lines on the daily chart.

If you have 9 lines on the daily chart and you double your size then you have 9 lines on the H4 chart and if you double your size again then you have 9 lines on the H1 chart.

You have lines, you risk lines, and you make lines.

You don't need to accumulate all of your lines in H1-, you can move up and down the periods.

If you make 20 lines on an H1 chart then you can trade up to 4 pairs with 5 lines of space & you can take certain trades up to higher periods and others to lower periods to be diversified between pairs and periods; that single trade is now a profit making engine.

I currently have +4 pairs that I'm trading/watching the DWM charts with built up 15m profit (lines as MO would call them). Here is a freebie and yes I am currently playing the large chart with smaller chart profit. Larger charts kick butt.

euraud-h4-oanda-division1-2.png
euraud-h4-oanda-division1-2.png (42.2 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
euraud-w1-oanda-division1.png
euraud-w1-oanda-division1.png (52.75 KiB) Viewed 4062 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”