The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:19 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
What does " first relevant close " mean? How is it determined?

"there is a pattern breakout" What pattern??

" the zero-line" How is that determined?

I can't, TRO, I just can't :lol:

We've been talking about patterns and pattern breakouts for the past several pages and the "zero-line" is as old as the hills.

An 'x' was placed on closes that are within the pattern (a 'pattern' is not a breakout).

The pic was simply an example to show Mira how one might use large charts to form a bias and how that bias might change based on new information.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

nat

Postby nat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:56 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
What does " first relevant close " mean? How is it determined?

"there is a pattern breakout" What pattern??

" the zero-line" How is that determined?

How I see it

1- the dashed orange line goes to where bodies started closing below "something". Also nothing closed above the orange line so i believe those are considered wickdolls

2- You can roughly draw a 15 degree angle through the orange X's so thats the pattern that you want to short out of or come long into it

3- Z-line was explained as the 0-50% lines on a candle. The "first significant close" had stuff close above the 50% so scratch that but the 0% had nothing close above it so id consider that still valid

P.S. MO youve only make a handful of these play by play posts but I find them very helpful

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 am

E/G - 3,5 solid lines this week from HI Hago to XX Hago. Then 1,75 solid lines from XX Hago to current mid. =D> I'm in love :lol:

eg1256.png
eg1256.png (30.5 KiB) Viewed 4280 times

BTW. My next toy? #-o

"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 am

Salezy,

Please could you go through your personal understanding of Hago and how you draw the lines in your indicator and what they mean to you?

thanks

EDIT RAZER IS THE s**t!!!! :twisted:
:smt065

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 am

I like HL's and I using my luxuriant imagination to interpret what price is doing. :lol: Something like Silva Method to visualize where price can be at the end of day. :lol:
Whether it’s a desire to defy physical limitations, push the boundaries of imagination, or just beat the odds, stories abound of extraordinary people doing extraordinary things. People do manifest desires out of thin air. Conventional thinking may call it luck, but at Silva we hold a bigger picture. We understand the role that intention plays in shaping what we experience as ‘reality’. This is what is at the core of ‘manifesting’.

I'm using this MO explanation.
On prev. pic you can see that bias was long. Week open (gold line) above prev. midpoint and above HI Hago, price also left blue box (weekly htbl).
I move this trade to HTF earlier after my target was hit and I exit Crash Zone mid (near XX Hago).

I also went short after V with small size because of late entry. I edited TRO skyline indi to plot HAGO and OPEN (Period_Choice1 for Hago, Period_Choice2 for Open) for back testing. On right pic: red lines HI LO, blue open, green XX OO. You need play to find answer :wink:. I personally don't like lines which move (like current midpoint or RAT zone) that why I started to develop MO idea of HAGO to lower TF. After month of back testing I found that only W1 and D1 Hago are worth to look in some situations. Unfortunately my health slow down my researches.

eg1265.png
eg1265.png (66.76 KiB) Viewed 4260 times

EDIT: Forgot to add that on right Hago-skyline settings were: PC1:1440 PC2:1440.
Attachments
Hago.mq4
(9.12 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Last edited by salezyakuku on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you for this explanation... and for being so generous with your mod/code

I will read over and internalize all this and hopefully get back to you...

Thanks again
:smt065

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:55 pm

MightyOne wrote:I put an 'x' on the pattern closes and used TRO style arrows to indicate bars that broke out of a pattern.

Keep in mind that how I interpret H4+ bars is not necessarily how I interpret smaller charts.

Day 1: price opened higher than the blue bias line so we trade long (this is also the monthly open).
Price closes weak indicating that the current state of the expansion is in the downward direction.

Day 2: price crosses the first relevant close and then reverses past its own open indicating that nothing has changed,
price is going down.

Day 3: there is a pattern breakout.
The previous price action is that of overlapping bars and a cone and there is no reason to expect that price will thrust its way
through the zero-line at this time.

Many times there will be that second thrust, a breakout of a breakout, but in all probability the next candle that closes in the same direction is going to be smaller or there are going to be overlapping bars; I think that it is better to just take your money off of the table and wait to see what price does.

Day 4: price returns to the pattern, if you were long from a smaller chart then you would exit after this large bar closed.
The idea hasn't changed, the pattern is and has been lower closes, we are looking for shorts.

Day 5: as expected, a secondary thrust upwards after a large bar.
If price could consolidate above the blue line, on a smaller chart, then I would consider the possibility of a rise to the extreme of day 1...
but this didn't happen (see H4 chart below).

USDJPYDaily.pngUSDJPYH4.png

Thanks MO!
It definitely makes sense.
[Overlapping bars + BO] could be a sort of "check-point" where to look at when price returns, is price closing over? Is price closing under? I wait for the next pattern, the next BO and the next hook.
So the challenge is finding the extremes, someone who is winning and make lines (or simply make lines).
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:22 pm

EDIT:
Right continuation.
Left another example OO Hago.

gu-eg1279.png
gu-eg1279.png (68.06 KiB) Viewed 4062 times

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:57 pm

MightyOne wrote:RISK = DOLLARS / STOP LOSS.

SPACE = DOLLARS / %R

Risk is comprised of lines, between & the sum of which is 'space', that are at intervals which are based on a percentage of a pairs weekly median range.

Because space is the same for all pairs, say 2% of the median weekly range, every pair moves at the same 'monetary speed'; DOLLARS / %R or dollars per segment of range. Again, it does not matter which currency is strong or which is weak as the median range of each pair is divided into the same number of segments so that each pair has roughly the same profit potential.

You should, from the perspective of a swing trader, be able to look down at the chart and use 2 or 3 lines as your risk without feeling like your stop is too tight.
%R is set to what works for M5 to H1 charts, if you want to use something smaller then you might use (2/3)%R . As a general rule, you cut your position size in half and double the width of the lines to trade the next largest chart(H1-H4-D1-etc); you don't have to concern yourself with how many pips you should risk on a larger chart as you have the same number of lines and you risk them in the same way as the other periods.

If you can think of a line as if it were a pip then you can begin to understand why the lines are widened on larger charts:
if you see 64 lines on the H1, turn to the H4 and see 64 lines, turn to the D1 and see 64 lines, turn to the W1 and see 64 lines, & turn to the MN and see 64 lines then you can say that every chart is visually the same, and thus traded in the same manner, regardless of time frame; there would be no smaller or larger period, just uniformity. The trade results will come at a faster or slower pace, but isn't that the case no matter what; albeit not to the same degree?

PROGRESSIONS/'ADDING'/CREATING NEW POSITIONS:
Let's say that you are adding size using the progression '1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5' & that your current position size is 8x your initial size.
You would move to the next largest chart by cutting your current size in half, but you will still be in the same spot in the progression; the only difference is that each 'addition' is 1/2 of what it was before.
The first three entries is the scaling in stage & your stop loss remains unchanged. The additions that follow reduce the risk-space to the 75 RET of the previous stop loss and the entry price, creating an entirely new position.

The risk-space is reduced, but the width of the lines remains the same. Imagine a sheet of lined paper as your total risk, tearing it in half will reduce the total risk-space but it will not change the width of the lines that are printed onto the paper; you can reduce your position size to tape on more paper, but you cannot change the width of the lines without changing periods.

This is good news as my Stops are usually 3 to 5x to i finite greater than my take profit/target.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Mira

Postby Mira » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:10 pm

IMG_1634.PNG
IMG_1634.PNG (64.37 KiB) Viewed 3902 times

Hi MO

Today I took this short on GU, now I'm trying to re-enter.
The bad thing is I'm tired to sh*t in my pants every time I'm taking a trade :lol:

I think I need to start learning SPACE.
I found several posts here in The Ideas but I have one question: I saw space required the position to be at the extremes, is this rule still valid?

(Now two questions, sorry :) )

ADDING.

Do we need to "buy buy buy" averaging entries in the same trade or I have no idea what i'm saying?

Really thanks for your help!
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Return to “TheRumpledOne”