The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Mira » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:51 pm

"For 3,500 I will teach you how to know when price closes over a line!"

Sometimes i find these pearls and i can't stop laugh :lol: :lol:

MightyOne wrote:I am starting to feel better, maybe I will start posting more...

__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jscar

Postby jscar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 pm

I've been looking at adaptive methods for trailing stops. Mostly this has involved the high/low of the last "X" number of bars.

But how many bars? What works for one set of conditions is wrong for another. I want something that follows quickly when the market is moving, and allows some space for the market to catch its breath when the move stalls. Here's an example of my current efforts:

jscar

Postby jscar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Another adaptive trail example:

jscar

Postby jscar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Here's an update of the first adaptive trail example:

Now, the same chart (M2) with the adaptive based on M5 bars. The settings are otherwise the same.

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm working on BO and Horizontal Lines :)

What i see:

1 - momentum is momentum on all timeframes
2 - a line is a linea on all timeframes
3 - a BO is a BO on all timeframes
Isn't a momo something happened in the past? If it is then i need to enter in the CREATING momo.

IMG_1608.PNG
IMG_1608.PNG (58.23 KiB) Viewed 3837 times

IMG_1610.PNG
IMG_1610.PNG (59.53 KiB) Viewed 3837 times

but

1 - sometimes targets are sick
2 - if i look to smaller charts may i see different things, tf over tf

Mmm.. still on it :|

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Keep that level in mind on the bounce back Mira... GREAT SHORT opportunity on the Failed Zline....!
:smt065

Mira

Postby Mira » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Keep that level in mind on the bounce back Mira... GREAT SHORT opportunity on the Failed Zline....!

Thanks Jala! :D

I was looking for a short too.. but i have one question please:
price returns at the origin of breakout, but why sometimes it does it immediately and sometimes it does it later?
I see a BO on a 4H chart and a very fast return on a 15 min, price drops and when returns re-turns (lol) at the same level.
Isn't that the same breakout?

Really thank you for you help!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:59 pm

I put an 'x' on the pattern closes and used TRO style arrows to indicate bars that broke out of a pattern.

Keep in mind that how I interpret H4+ bars is not necessarily how I interpret smaller charts.

Day 1: price opened higher than the blue bias line so we trade long (this is also the monthly open).
Price closes weak indicating that the current state of the expansion is in the downward direction.

Day 2: price crosses the first relevant close and then reverses past its own open indicating that nothing has changed,
price is going down.

Day 3: there is a pattern breakout.
The previous price action is that of overlapping bars and a cone and there is no reason to expect that price will thrust its way
through the zero-line at this time.

Many times there will be that second thrust, a breakout of a breakout, but in all probability the next candle that closes in the same direction is going to be smaller or there are going to be overlapping bars; I think that it is better to just take your money off of the table and wait to see what price does.

Day 4: price returns to the pattern, if you were long from a smaller chart then you would exit after this large bar closed.
The idea hasn't changed, the pattern is and has been lower closes, we are looking for shorts.

Day 5: as expected, a secondary thrust upwards after a large bar.
If price could consolidate above the blue line, on a smaller chart, then I would consider the possibility of a rise to the extreme of day 1...
but this didn't happen (see H4 chart below).

USDJPYDaily.png
USDJPYDaily.png (17.48 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
USDJPYH4.png
USDJPYH4.png (14.21 KiB) Viewed 3868 times

jscar

Postby jscar » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:03 am

Several pages ago, I posted some charts with an indicator that tried to find important (momo) midpoints. I thought I would toss out an example chart showing these in context.

The lighter colored lines in the chart are for the current (M2) time frame. The orange lines currently are from M10 bars. There is also a dashboard showing higher level time frames. This only goes to H4 because TOS does not keep data long enough for sub-M5 time frames. The level for D1 shows up on M5 and higher charts, W1 shows up on H1 charts, and M1 shows up on D1 charts.

The dotted lines top and bottom are the adaptive stops from the charts I recently posted. I'll eventually get around to posting the logic for those.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:36 am

MightyOne wrote:I put an 'x' on the pattern closes and used TRO style arrows to indicate bars that broke out of a pattern.

Keep in mind that how I interpret H4+ bars is not necessarily how I interpret smaller charts.

Day 1: price opened higher than the blue bias line so we trade long (this is also the monthly open).
Price closes weak indicating that the current state of the expansion is in the downward direction.

Day 2: price crosses the first relevant close and then reverses past its own open indicating that nothing has changed,
price is going down.

Day 3: there is a pattern breakout.
The previous price action is that of overlapping bars and a cone and there is no reason to expect that price will thrust its way
through the zero-line at this time.

Many times there will be that second thrust, a breakout of a breakout, but in all probability the next candle that closes in the same direction is going to be smaller or there are going to be overlapping bars; I think that it is better to just take your money off of the table and wait to see what price does.

Day 4: price returns to the pattern, if you were long from a smaller chart then you would exit after this large bar closed.
The idea hasn't changed, the pattern is and has been lower closes, we are looking for shorts.

Day 5: as expected, a secondary thrust upwards after a large bar.
If price could consolidate above the blue line, on a smaller chart, then I would consider the possibility of a rise to the extreme of day 1...
but this didn't happen (see H4 chart below).

USDJPYDaily.pngUSDJPYH4.png

What does " first relevant close " mean? How is it determined?

"there is a pattern breakout" What pattern??

" the zero-line" How is that determined?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”