The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mr. Hyde

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:11 pm

PeterBerregi wrote:

He also has a 22 page docu of posts he felt helped him learn the most in the beginning. But not sure how to post it.

Mr. Hyde

I've dropped you a PM - just wondering if you would be happy to share v8's 22 page document via email

Cheers

PB

Yup no prob. I sent you about a dozen of his files. Feel free to post them if anyone else wants them. There nothing top secret, just post from this board.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Thanks MO, i got it!
We are losing nothing (if losing is losing a x% of space) and we are gaining everything 8)

But can i do it with money only?
I mean:

+2$, +2$, [double, sl = -2$] + 4$, [double, sl = -4$] +8$

(In this case i'm cutting my space by a 50%)

MightyOne wrote:
Mira wrote:Why 22/3? Or better, why 3?

Why 3? Because space is reduced by ~25% and 3/4 leaves us with 75% of our risk-box.

1 = 1/3 of 1
2 = 2/3 of 1
3 = 1 unit
-------------------------------
3/4 = -25% space, (4/3)x tells you how many pips/lines were made at your standard entry size.
4/5 = -20%, (5/3)x
5/6 = -16.6%, (6/3)x
6/8 = -25%, (8/3)x
8/10 = -20%, (10/3)x
10/13 = -23%, (13/3)x
13/17 = -23.5%, (17/3)x
17/22 = -22.7%, (22/3)x
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Thanks guys!
I need to find my personal way to SEE it, confidence is all i need :D
I see the pattern and i see the BO.
I have only one question: how can i know it's a BO and not a fake out?

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:Simply...

In an uptrend the Market is going UP...

So if you re-align your trendlines at the origin of breakout then something "interesting" happens...

*** You ARE technically still going WITH THE TREND (it is your "friend") ***

BUT you have just created a newfound level of accuracy based off of MO's ability to enter on a Dime...

Break Out's and In's cause a Z formation

SEE IT LOOKS LIKE A "Z" when price Breaks out of a RANGE and returns to it...

Now this is where it gets even MORE interesting...

You can USE trendlines to SUPPORT or RESIST PRICE... (revolutionary ideas, I know... :P)

But it is in the way in which you SEE HOW to USE these Lines that makes them SUPER EFFICIENT

*** CASE IN POINT ***

a DOWN TREND actually ends up SUPPORTING PRICE (if drawn correctly)

a UPWARD TREND actually ends up RESISTING PRICE (if drawn correctly)

What is correctly?

MO Likes these DOMINANT lines to be drawn from a HOOK at a certain angle or "degree of confluence"... (Start at the PREVIOUS HOOK - to discover MO's TRIANGLE)

"MO's TRIANGLE" Looks like THIS...

OR WHEN taken from MULTIPLE HOOKS! Hooks? - (TEMPORARY TURNING POINTS OF SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE)

What makes a HOOK significant is that it is TEMPORARY IN NATURE... MO said the CONE is the MOST UNFORGIVING OF CHART PATTERN because it will most certainly be your undoing if you are not USING IT Correctly...

**** NOW TO SEE THIS POETRY IN MOTION ****

Can you SEE how this is the PREVIOUS HOOK?

And can you SEE how it is IN A DOWNTREND LINE and SUPPORTING PRICE for the continuation of the UPWARD MOVE...? PRICE BREAKS OUT... AND NOW BROKE IN... "Z FORMATION!" (TRACE the journey PRICE makes with your finger from touch point to touch point if you CAN'T SEE the Z)

How do you Trade it?

First learn to Draw it or SEE it without Drawing it...

The Cool thing is as was mentioned before on this page... TIME IS A FRACTAL... Which basically means... Price Movement over TIME creates a FRACTAL...

WHAT IS A FRACTAL?

A Fractal is a pattern or shape that repeats itself at all scales... (ALL TIME FRAMES IN THIS INSTANCE)

It is said... "Price is the same on ALL time-frames..." But Price also Looks, Acts and Moves the SAME on ALL TIME-Frames"

Hence why you can go LONG TERM or Short Term is you are so inclined... ;)

I saw this AWESOME Fractal music video for one of my favorite Bands the other day... Enjoy this EAR / Eye-Gasm!

Read up about the significance and inner design of the song you are listening to here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralus_(song)

AND.... I'm SPENT! :shock:

Haha. Now I feel like an idiot for posting how I saw angles. I feel like the kid with a helmet on, who drools and eats crayons after seeing your charts.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Mira wrote:Thanks guys!

The market moves from Supply to Demand and Vice Versa... A breakout on one TimeFrame may not go all the distance because it is merely moving to an area of price imbalance on a higher timeframe...

These lines were drawn on Friday and Monday... and then left alone...

You can clearly see that price moves in these formations... breakout and break-in... a "fake-out" is just price returning to the origin of the breakout... if it goes beyond it, then trade in the direction of profit...

CONSIDER THE SMALLER TIME FRAME (NOTICE THE SKEW OF THE ANGLE IS SHARPER THE CLOSER YOU GET TO 1 MINUTE CHARTS)

There will be failures and misses but if you follow the overall direction of the higher time frame... (first chart) then you create a competative advantage and can use the smaller vectors for additions and scalps...

When price moves... you move... when price stops you attack...
:smt065

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Mira wrote:Thanks MO, i got it!
We are losing nothing (if losing is losing a x% of space) and we are gaining everything 8)

But can i do it with money only?
I mean:

+2$, +2$, [double, sl = -2$] + 4$, [double, sl = -4$] +8$

(In this case i'm cutting my space by a 50%)

1 = a risk that is a constant
2 = a reward that is a constant

Increasing the position size brings the reward to you:

[1]----------------------------------------------------------------[2]
[1]--------------------------------[2]
[1]----------------[2]
[1]--------[2]
[1]----[2]

There are pros and cons to every decision.

If you double your size then you lose space more quickly but whatever is left is greatly multiplied; if you
doubled twice and lost all but 5 pips then halving twice would result in 20 pips of wiggle room.

The risk is that if, for whatever reason, you must exit for an amount that is greater than your stop then you are going
to lose 20 pips for every 5.

If you double with a risk-box of 30 pips then you are left with a risk-box of 15, but if you were to only reduce your space by a quarter
then you would have 7.5 more pips to move around in; 10 total, at a size of 3, after (4/3)7.5

Best case scenario is that, after reducing your risk-box to 15, that you give back 10 and are left with (6/3)5 or 10 pips to move around in at a size of 3.

You are moving in the same direction whether you go 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, 22 or 3, 6, 12, 24 and you will end at the same cap.
There is a short-term benefit to aggression, but in the long run running and walking are pretty much the same.

It is easy to comprehend, you are basically placing and trailing a stop loss.
If you are running out of room then make more, revert to a smaller size.

The more you work with space the more you feel In control, the more you feel in control the more confident you become, &
the more confident you become the better the decisions that you will make.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:35 pm

MightyOne wrote: 1 = a risk that is a constant
2 = a reward that is a constant

Increasing the position size brings the reward to you:

[1]----------------------------------------------------------------[2]
[1]--------------------------------[2]
[1]----------------[2]
[1]--------[2]
[1]----[2]

There are pros and cons to every decision.

If you double your size then you lose space more quickly but whatever is left is greatly multiplied; if you
doubled twice and lost all but 5 pips then halving twice would result in 20 pips of wiggle room.

The risk is that if, for whatever reason, you must exit for an amount that is greater than your stop then you are going
to lose 20 pips for every 5.

If you double with a risk-box of 30 pips then you are left with a risk-box of 15, but if you were to only reduce your space by a quarter
then you would have 7.5 more pips to move around in; 10 total, at a size of 3, after (4/3)7.5

Best case scenario is that, after reducing your risk-box to 15, that you give back 10 and are left with (6/3)5 or 10 pips to move around in at a size of 3.

You are moving in the same direction whether you go 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, 22 or 3, 6, 12, 24 and you will end at the same cap.
There is a short-term benefit to aggression, but in the long run running and walking are pretty much the same.

It is easy to comprehend, you are basically placing and trailing a stop loss.
If you are running out of room then make more, revert to a smaller size.

The more you work with space the more you feel In control, the more you feel in control the more confident you become, &
the more confident you become the better the decisions that you will make.

I almost understand.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Whilst its NOT a required... M1 lines can get a little messy... But the fundamental principal remains the same...

Looking for confluence in the lines on MTF also can provide a certain level of comfort... But I like to trade on the fringes of the cone or on the pullback (preferably a meaningful one where there is some further confluence...

:smt065

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Here is a really cool trade idea that's borrows a little bit from everyone.

Took a old school dragon 4hr momo sell (3 positions for around 90 pips). Exited at the horz and angle. Then I took a TTE sell forgetting that price normally will reverse once it makes it to a median line. So then switched to a buy ( TTE, break of 2 then the RH for another 90 pips). Exited at top median line.

Now the fun part. Since we know price trades from line to lines including channels wee have a good idea price should reverse. Also we have a rat trade setup since price made a new daily high. Then on the 5m chart there was a 123 and a TTE. So we have another 3 positions on (with profits from the earlier trades :D ). Now with entering on the 5 min chart it allows us to use a very small sl (10-20 depending on your risk appetite and were your entries were). Now for the TP. 116.50 horz and angle crossing, 116.00 CZ and 115.00 daily zline and an area around CZ. 100, 150, 250 pips possible, off of a 15 pip sl plus the added profits. The RR on this trade is insane. And even if I lose I still made a profit off other trades.

[quoteImage][/quote]

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Mira wrote:Thanks guys!

Mr. Hyde wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:Simply...

In an uptrend the Market is going UP...

So if you re-align your trendlines at the origin of breakout then something "interesting" happens...

*** You ARE technically still going WITH THE TREND (it is your "friend") ***

BUT you have just created a newfound level of accuracy based off of MO's ability to enter on a Dime...

Break Out's and In's cause a Z formation

SEE IT LOOKS LIKE A "Z" when price Breaks out of a RANGE and returns to it...

Now this is where it gets even MORE interesting...

You can USE trendlines to SUPPORT or RESIST PRICE... (revolutionary ideas, I know... :P)

But it is in the way in which you SEE HOW to USE these Lines that makes them SUPER EFFICIENT

*** CASE IN POINT ***

a DOWN TREND actually ends up SUPPORTING PRICE (if drawn correctly)

a UPWARD TREND actually ends up RESISTING PRICE (if drawn correctly)

What is correctly?

MO Likes these DOMINANT lines to be drawn from a HOOK at a certain angle or "degree of confluence"... (Start at the PREVIOUS HOOK - to discover MO's TRIANGLE)

"MO's TRIANGLE" Looks like THIS...

OR WHEN taken from MULTIPLE HOOKS! Hooks? - (TEMPORARY TURNING POINTS OF SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE)

What makes a HOOK significant is that it is TEMPORARY IN NATURE... MO said the CONE is the MOST UNFORGIVING OF CHART PATTERN because it will most certainly be your undoing if you are not USING IT Correctly...

**** NOW TO SEE THIS POETRY IN MOTION ****

Can you SEE how this is the PREVIOUS HOOK?

And can you SEE how it is IN A DOWNTREND LINE and SUPPORTING PRICE for the continuation of the UPWARD MOVE...? PRICE BREAKS OUT... AND NOW BROKE IN... "Z FORMATION!" (TRACE the journey PRICE makes with your finger from touch point to touch point if you CAN'T SEE the Z)

How do you Trade it?

First learn to Draw it or SEE it without Drawing it...

The Cool thing is as was mentioned before on this page... TIME IS A FRACTAL... Which basically means... Price Movement over TIME creates a FRACTAL...

WHAT IS A FRACTAL?

A Fractal is a pattern or shape that repeats itself at all scales... (ALL TIME FRAMES IN THIS INSTANCE)

It is said... "Price is the same on ALL time-frames..." But Price also Looks, Acts and Moves the SAME on ALL TIME-Frames"

Hence why you can go LONG TERM or Short Term is you are so inclined... ;)

I saw this AWESOME Fractal music video for one of my favorite Bands the other day... Enjoy this EAR / Eye-Gasm!

Read up about the significance and inner design of the song you are listening to here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralus_(song)

AND.... I'm SPENT! :shock:

Haha. Now I feel like an idiot for posting how I saw angles. I feel like the kid with a helmet on, who drools and eats crayons after seeing your charts.

A couple idea's I use that are real simple. If price is at major S/R what is price more likely to do. Fakeout and retrace or give a real bo. Also if price just moved real far really fast, then started moving sides, then suddenly pops do you think that is a BO or that final push before it reverse's (also called end of trend momo). Also just look where you are and even the time. When there is less money in the market, the better the chance of fake BO's.

Mr. Hyde

Postby Mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Whilst its NOT a required... M1 lines can get a little messy... But the fundamental principal remains the same...

Looking for confluence in the lines on MTF also can provide a certain level of comfort... But I like to trade on the fringes of the cone or on the pullback (preferably a meaningful one where there is some further confluence...

M1 lines!!! Your crazy, haha. But I see the point your making

Return to “TheRumpledOne”