The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:01 pm

YES_WE_CAN.png
YES_WE_CAN.png (65 KiB) Viewed 4234 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

TheRumpledOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:44 pm

redart9 wrote:May be TRO has a more logical brain than us and needs intelligible steps to make sense of something (it's the case for me!). That's why he is good in programming, and his code needs to be logical to execute properly. Are you more logical or more creative (or both)?
https://www.playbuzz.com/telegraph10/te ... al-are-you

"needs intelligible steps "

It is a language/jargon problem...
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:50 pm

MightyOne wrote:Trade in the direction of the bias, entering after price crosses the '1.2% space' of your choosing, and exit after price moves one space on the monthly chart (28.8%, 24 lines of 1.2%).

Edit: You want a trade setup? There is no trade setup!
Trade away from a bleeping line in the direction of the bias. I don't have anything else to tell you.

MO:

This is a perfect example of why I do not "get it"!

"Trade in the direction of the bias, " - DEFINE BIAS
"entering after price crosses the '1.2% space' of your choosing" - WHAT EXACTLY IS 1.2% SPACE?
"exit after price moves one space on the monthly chart " - ??

If I understood exactly what the jargon meant (need a dictionary), then I think I would finally GET IT! I need it all in one place/document so I can read it and understand it.

Something like this:

DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

1) price within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

I will admit some people still have/had questions about those rules, too. That's why I started making videos. Seems to help some traders.

Thanks again, MO.

roctao

Postby roctao » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:06 am

TheRumpledOne wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Trade in the direction of the bias, entering after price crosses the '1.2% space' of your choosing, and exit after price moves one space on the monthly chart (28.8%, 24 lines of 1.2%).

Edit: You want a trade setup? There is no trade setup!
Trade away from a bleeping line in the direction of the bias. I don't have anything else to tell you.

MO:

This is a perfect example of why I do not "get it"!

"Trade in the direction of the bias, " - DEFINE BIAS
"entering after price crosses the '1.2% space' of your choosing" - WHAT EXACTLY IS 1.2% SPACE?
"exit after price moves one space on the monthly chart " - ??

If I understood exactly what the jargon meant (need a dictionary), then I think I would finally GET IT! I need it all in one place/document so I can read it and understand it.

Something like this:

DRAIN THE BANKS - LIKE A RAT

1) price within 20 pips of the CURRENT daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

I will admit some people still have/had questions about those rules, too. That's why I started making videos. Seems to help some traders.

Thanks again, MO.

M.O.'s bias ( the direction that price is clearly moving in) is from a monthly chart.
As for the 8's and 24's. take a fib tool and add a line at every 12.5% line ( mark them 1-8) . Then take another and put lines at every 1.5625%. apply the 1st fib to the monthly range. then take the 1.5 fib and put it between 00 and your first 12.5 line.
once bias and grid ( the eights template. the fib analogy hopefully gives a since of what is happening mathematically) are established we will drop to a short term chart and look for entry (use rat rules maybe)
then as the chart starts going in your biased direction add at 1.5 then add at 1.5 then at 1.5. (look back a few pages for m.o.'s chart where he is adding 1/3's
its not football its music.
3/4 time
hopefully? M.O.?

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:29 am

aliassmith wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:It's not left/right brain. Markets are dynamic and it's impossible to come up with stone settings to harness it. Apart from the many entries and bias methods that have been discussed, the more important and unique pieces are 1)MM and 2)line spacing such that positions (SL's) aren't taken out by volatility. Many systems can be designed around these tools, but there will not be any one combination that threads the needle and works all of the time.

This is why MOST of us traders are not successful.
Looking for the holy grail even if we will not admit it.

Being "wrong" is a MoFo.

Watching finch work is teaching me to trust my OWN analysis.
Watching ICT work is teaching me to trust the ZL.

I believe you have that wrong. Never trust finch and never trust the zline. Trust yourself!

I trust the finch WILL get itself in trouble.
I trust that I and the Zline WILL help me get it out of trouble.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:50 pm

How do you work with younger athletes (ages 8-12) and what tools are helpful when working with them?

This is a question from a mental coach who completed my survey last fall.

I’m sure you know how challenging it is to work with very young athletes on the mental game--if you have had the opportunity...

When young athletes don’t even know what confidence is, how do you explain this to them? Often, these athletes don't even consider mental training or know very little about it.

As a mental coach, how can you improve your effectiveness when working with young athletes? You must first understand the challenges you might face when working with young athletes:

1. Parent-driven. A parent usually wants their athlete to do the mental coaching and you don’t know how motivated the athlete is to do mental training.

2. Limited vocabulary. Young athletes' limited vocabulary makes it hard for you to communicate the mental game lessons.

3. Memory issues. Young athletes are less likely to remember what you teach them during mental training.

4. Lack of interest. They might be more interested in playing video games or backyard sports with friends then spending their free time working with a mental game coach.

5. Negative labels. Young athletes may feel that something is wrong with them if they have to work with a mental game coach, especially if it's presented that way by parents.

How can you be more effective teaching the mental game to younger athletes?

I’ve been fortunate over the last few years to work with very young and talented athletes. Here a few tips that might help you with being more effective with your athletes:

1. Be repetitive. Athletes learn by repetition and the mental game is no different. Repeat the same idea in different ways. If the athlete doesn’t understand focusing on the process, you might talk about being in the moment, thinking about the now, or staying in the present. Ask you athlete to repeat the idea in his or her own words to test understanding.

2. Keep your lingo simple. Young athletes have a limited vocabulary so you want to avoid the use of psychobabble altogether. You don’t want to introduce theories such as the inverted U theory, reversal theory, or RET. Young athletes won’t get it and don’t care.

3. Use analogies they can understand. One motocross athlete understood confidence when I asked him to fuel his brain with “high-test” thoughts just like he fuels his motorcycle with premium fuel.

4. Ask parents to explain a concept in the athlete’s vernacular. I can’t take credit for the above analogy. The idea of using high-test thoughts before a race was provided by a parent helping the athlete understand confidence. Parents know what their athletes can relate to.

5. Keep lessons simple. Chunk the information you teach athletes. If you are working on focusing skills, start with a simple concept, such as staying in the present instead of thinking about the past or future. You might also talk about when they don’t focus on the process.

6. Use review strategies. In the MGCP certification program, I teach coaches how to use session summaries, summary sheets, cheat sheets, audio review programs and other tools to help athletes review, remember, and apply the lesson.

7. Keep your sessions short. Due to the attention span of very young athletes, I suggest you limit sessions to 30 minutes or less. Even in a short 30-minute session, I might spend 10 minutes with a parent on how they might help reinforce the lesson I teach.

8. Test their application. Make sure you find out what your young athletes are applying or trying to use in competition. Do they forget to apply what they learned? Can your athletes use the mental skills in competition? If not, what are the barriers?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Just so everyone understands, I am NOT criticizing MO.
I do not understand MO.
But others do.
So I am the one who is "learning disabled".
MO is not to blame.

It took me 6 months just to learn HOW TO LEARN to do step aerobics.
6 months after that, I was one of the best in the class.
Then I even got my group fitness certification so I could teach step aerobics.
My determination to learn this will get me through it.
It is not easy.
But I will persist.

fordguy

Postby fordguy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Took me 4 months to understand zlines! But what I learned from MO in regards to zlines made supply demand a walk in the park there after.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:36 pm

fordguy wrote:Took me 4 months to understand zlines! But what I learned from MO in regards to zlines made supply demand a walk in the park there after.

Can you explain zlines in your own words?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:41 pm

I don't think of a trade as an entry but as the placing of a stop loss and the normalization of risk; normalizing risk "trails" your stop loss and that is why I have said in the past that "trading is simply placing and trailing stops".

Lines spacing is based on a percentage of the weekly median range.

1.2% of the range for M1 charts

1.8% for M5 through H1 charts

3.6% for H4 charts

7.2% for Daily charts

14.4% for weekly charts

28.8% for Monthly charts.

The length of time that it takes for price to move through space, from one line to the other, determines the timeframe that you are trading;
like Point & Figure charting, the scale becomes the timeframe.

Space has two prices, the line above it and the line below it, & trades are triggered when price moves through space and touches a line.

EIGHTS strategy looks like this:
1.2% = $30
1.8% = $30
3.6% = $30
7.2% = $30
14.4% = $30
28.8% = $30
If you think that price will continue in a certain direction but you don't want to give profits back as fast as you have made them then you can move the trade to a larger scale; this will also release margin for buying and "pressing" other things.

There are no fast or slow moving pairs, every pair makes the same profit over a percentage of its own weekly range.
5 lines of profit is 5 lines of profit, you can resume your trade in any pair or period with 5 lines of OPM.

You could say that you are trading the weekly range 6 different ways as even the monthly chart can move through 3.5 lines per week.

The aggressive strategy looks like this:
1.2% = $50
28.8% = $1200
Trades are triggered when price moves through a small space and profit is taken when price moves through a large space.

monthly_lines.png
monthly_lines.png (51.27 KiB) Viewed 4084 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”