The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Sacrophage

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Sacrophage » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Cool way of doing midpoints as it biases for candle direction when new extremes are made. Deem them MOPoints!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Sacrophage wrote:Cool way of doing midpoints as it biases for candle direction when new extremes are made. Deem them MOPoints!

You can call the boy Sue for all I care :lol:

Well, he must o' thought that is quite a joke
And it got a lot of laughs from a' lots of folk,
It seems I had to fight my whole life through.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:50 am

New logic, what do you think?

Code: Select all

//overlapping price action
   if(high > phigh && low < pmidpoint && close > pmidpoint && midpoint > pmidpoint || high > phigh && low < plow && close > phigh){
   midpoint = (high + pmidpoint) /2;
   if(midpoint > phigh) {theValue = (close - midpoint) / point; twMESSAGE = "mid[B0] "+DoubleToStr(theValue, 0); twCOLOR = colorHigh;}else
   if(close > phigh) {theValue = (close - midpoint) / point; twMESSAGE = "breakout " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0); twCOLOR = clrDodgerBlue;}else
   if(close < phigh) {theValue = (phigh - close) / point; twMESSAGE = "reversed " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0); twCOLOR = colorHigh;}}else
   //overlapping price action
   if(low < plow && high > pmidpoint && close < pmidpoint && midpoint < pmidpoint || high > phigh && low < plow && close < plow){
   midpoint = (low + pmidpoint) /2;
   if(midpoint < plow) {theValue = (midpoint - close) / point; twMESSAGE = "mid[B0] "+DoubleToStr(theValue, 0) ; twCOLOR = colorLow;}else
   if(close < plow) {theValue = (midpoint - close) / point; twMESSAGE = "breakout " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0); twCOLOR = clrDodgerBlue;}else
   if(close > plow) {theValue = (close - plow) / point; twMESSAGE = "reversed " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0); twCOLOR = colorLow;}}else
   //no overlap reverse
   if( high  > phigh && midpoint > pmidpoint && close < phigh ) { theValue  = (phigh - close ) / point ;  twMESSAGE = "reversed " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0)  ; twCOLOR = colorHigh ; myThreshold = 0;  } else
   if( low < plow && midpoint < pmidpoint  && close > plow   ) { theValue  = (close - plow) / point ;  twMESSAGE = "reversed " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0)  ; twCOLOR = colorLow ; myThreshold = 0; } else                     
   //no overlap breakout
   if(midpoint > phigh && close >= phigh) {theValue = (close - midpoint) / point ; twMESSAGE = "mid[B0] " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0) ; twCOLOR = colorHigh ;}else
   if(midpoint < plow && close <= plow)  {theValue = (midpoint - close) / point; twMESSAGE = "mid[B0] " + DoubleToStr(theValue, 0) ; twCOLOR = colorLow ;} else

The easy to understand version:

1) trade away from the current midpoint
2) if there is a breakout then trade long above or short below the extreme
3) if the midpoint is higher than the previous high then trade long above it or short below the midpoint

midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousMidpoint) / 2
2)else midpoint = (high + low) / 2

high/low extremes:
if the high of the current candle is lower than the previous close then the high equals the previous close
if the low of the current candle is higher than the previous close then the low equals the previous close.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:27 am

The difference between the two charts is:
1) the time that it takes for price to traverse the space to the next line.
2) the margin and interest required to keep a trade open
3) the significance of the spread (1/25 of a line on the monthly!)
4) the impact of short term volatility and black swan events
5) the number of lines that are required to give a trade room to profit
Am I missing something? :|

Every period has its time and place in a strategy.

Mix it up, always have something working.

90_is_90.png
90_is_90.png (125.25 KiB) Viewed 3727 times

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:45 pm

midpoints:
1) if the current candle breaks the high of the previous and has an extreme that is at or below the previous midpoint then the
midpoint = (high + previousMidpoint) / 2

May I suggest:

midpoints:
midpoint = (high + previousHigh) / 2
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:53 pm

MightyOne wrote:The difference between the two charts is:
1) the time that it takes for price to traverse the space to the next line.
2) the margin and interest required to keep a trade open
3) the significance of the spread (1/25 of a line on the monthly!)
4) the impact of short term volatility and black swan events
5) the number of lines that are required to give a trade room to profit
Am I missing something? :|

Every period has its time and place in a strategy.

Mix it up, always have something working.

90_is_90.png

I think I almost get it. Not quite there. Don't understand why you change size when changing time frames.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:18 pm

In order to keep risk relative... To lines traded...
Risking 2 lines at 2% on a monthly chart uses a lot more space than on a 5 minute...
:smt065

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Is the indi in the weekend batch that TRO sent or still work in progress?

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Sacrophage wrote:Is the indi in the weekend batch that TRO sent or still work in progress?

I think that it will end up just displaying a color coded "GO LONG"/"GO SHORT" instead of having people interpret numbers...

MightyOne

Q&A

Postby MightyOne » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:34 am

TheRumpledOne asked:
How long are you holding open trades? Days? Weeks? Months?

You do as you always do, trade 5 minute charts with long term potential, only instead of closing out 100% of your trade you close out around 93%.

You were making $30 per line on the 5 minute chart, you reduced your position size by around 93%, & now you are making $30 per line on the large chart.

If you reduce by a lesser amount then the continuation chart will be smaller:
    your position size on the M5 might be 0.55 & on the H4 it is 0.31 so you would close out 0.24 to continue your trade on the H4; when you do this, you are sitting with the exact profit (in lines) as you were sitting with on the M5 chart. Likewise, if you reduce from 0.31 to 0.04 you continue on the monthly chart and have the exact profit (in lines) as you had on the H4.

If I told you that you had 30 pips of profit to trade a monthly chart then you wouldn't know what to do, you can barely measure 30 pips on a monthly chart, but if I told you that you have 5 lines of profit and the lines are spaced large enough so that you can SEE what price moving through 5 lines means in relation to the price ranges of the chart that you are trading then you will have some idea as to what you should do.

The time that it takes for a larger chart to make the same amount of money is significantly longer, but this need not be a disadvantage as who trades every hour of the day or every day of the month?
    $30 x 5 lines will not pay any bills and $30 x 5 pairs x 5 lines is not much better, but when you increase your position size by a single micro lot (talking about large charts here) then you are making an extra $10 per line on each pair or $40 x 5 x 5. If you keep adding those micros evenly then you will arrive at $100/line x 5 pairs x 5 lines...that is a gain of 25% and that is only month one!

Keep in mind that these longer trades are funded entirely on short term profits that are as small as a single line made on a 5 minute chart.
    Also consider that these trades:
    1) are working in the background, even while you sleep.
    2) require almost no margin, you can still trade as many small charts as your heart desires!
    3) have a high probability of success (if there was any possibility that you were right about a rise in price then you are probably going to survive long enough to see it through).

The way I have the EIGHTS indicator set up, you can comfortably surpass +20% of an original amount ($10,000) per line by adding more monthly trades and pressing everything by micro lots.
    When do you exit? I prefer to close it all down by the end of the month and resize because I have a lot of time on my hands to set everything up again in the following month.

You could just draw a trend-line and see how far the large chart takes you, $2000/line x 36 lines = $72,000
    & the next time around it will be $518,400 (1st time you were trading $10000, 2nd time you are trading $72000)
    There are so many options, TRO, the key is to know your options and pick the ones that are right for you.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”