The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Thanks aliassmith. Your one of the members I have always respected. I thought you were going to say, you tried to like my post but I'm and idiot or something. I went back and forth and whether I should have even posted it. I am very intense and saracastic in real life, so its hard to convey that online and I normally just piss people off. Hell I piss people off in person to all the time, haha. I just have a cocky sh*t talking personality.

I just read your old thread from 2010 the other week, pick out some good gems from it. Me and Ja are starting a new thread. You should post what your currently up to from time to time. No exact entries needed, I completely agree with you about liquidity. But even just general idea's are appreciated

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:22 pm

v8power wrote:
Let me be completely blunt, honest and what might seem cocky. I could care less what you or everyone else on this site thinks about me. All I care about is making money when I trade. I dont care if you or anyone else can test, verify or repeat anything. All I care about is the lambo I just took for a spin or my ferrari that is in the shop having the motor rebuilt and twin turboed to make 1,500 hp. Want to know what my biggest worry is. Its what the hell do I do when Iam trading $10,000-$100,000 a pip next year. Do people even trade that size with retail brokers? Do I have to worry about slippage and not getting my fills? You think MO is cocky cause of his screen name or because of what he posts about. But I'm the Frankenstein monster when he was the rum drinking, adding zero's, my ideas are like an alien spaceship. Sometimes I worry that MO/other's might feel like I talk about his idea's almost as a get rich quick scheme. But with what I have learned from him and my rare ability to take risk (I think that's how pro put it) massive gains are so easy. I laugh when I get spam about making 100% or a 1000% in a year with some mystery trading idea. Adding a zero to an account in a month requires very little effort.

Trading is about taking peoples money. So the less you understand what MO has shared the better. I only post in hopes of improving my trading, not anyone elses. There are about a dozen or so vets on this board that I respect and would share what I know or try to help improve their trading. They all know more then me and could trade circles around me. I always freely admit in about every other post that I do not consider myself to be a good trader and that people really shouldn't listen to what I say.

The reason I look up to you as a trader.
Addictions be damned. LOL

A true risk taker and NOT risk averse like most on this planet that are honest with themselves.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:23 am

Thanks MO! My cone game is getting stronger! 8)

I thought i would share my 29pip box chart that i have marked up (last weeks open is the origin).
P&F really helps me stay longer in trades and trail my position with greater confidence and agression.
It just really fits my brain i guess.

Now.. i really enjoy spending alot of time infront of my charts and ive been doing a H/L+close 16pip box plotting on a 15m.. hehe.
I know MO will say its to sensitive and you might aswell just be looking at the 15m but i dont know what it is about P&F,
it just soothes my brain and you gotta admit... it can be a thing of beauty even at 15m plotting.

Going down to a smaller TF to see the obvious :D
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:34 am

On my U/CAD the median says 0.0325.. so on GJ it says 5.97 witch is a range of 597.
Im guessing UCAD is 325 range and the diffrence is the decimal in the pairs?
Like UCAD is 1.2854 and GJ is 149.47
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:01 am

Braathen wrote:On my U/CAD the median says 0.0325.. so on GJ it says 5.97 witch is a range of 597.

Line about 315:

Code: Select all

"Median = " , median , "\n" ,

change to:

"Median = " , median*small , "\n" ,
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 am

salezyakuku wrote:
Braathen wrote:On my U/CAD the median says 0.0325.. so on GJ it says 5.97 witch is a range of 597.

Line about 315:

"Median = " , median , "\n" ,

change to:

"Median = " , median*small , "\n" ,

THANK YOU! :D awsome thanks so much again for the quick responce :shock:
MO-

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Braathen wrote:Thanks MO! My cone game is getting stronger! 8)

I thought i would share my 29pip box chart that i have marked up (last weeks open is the origin).
P&F really helps me stay longer in trades and trail my position with greater confidence and agression.
It just really fits my brain i guess.

Now.. i really enjoy spending alot of time infront of my charts and ive been doing a H/L+close 16pip box plotting on a 15m.. hehe.
I know MO will say it's too sensitive and you might as well just be looking at the 15m but i dont know what it is about P&F,
it just soothes my brain and you gotta admit... it can be a thing of beauty even at 15m plotting.

Going down to a smaller TF to see the obvious :D

Leafing through the charts in Ted Warren's book, HOW TO MAKE THE STOCK MARKET MAKE MONEY FOR YOU, I noticed that all of the charts are simply high/low bars inside of a grid.
While I was listening to a man on YT, about the differences between the different styles of charting, he made an interesting comment; he said that the difference between a candle chart and a bar chart is that of emphasis, a candle focuses your attn. to the change within a bar where as the bar has you focus on the change between bars.

He is probably right, I don't really give a dmn about small chart closes as I am more focused on the price overlap and pattern breakouts.

Did that 15 minute candle close under a line? I don't really care...I might care if I already want to go short, based on a larger chart, and I defined my trigger as the next close under something, but in and of itself it doesn't mean a whole lot.

The closes matter more on a larger chart where it represents a full swing & gives you a better summary of the small chart price action.

I have decided to make the switch to HL bar charts for small periods and HLC bar charts for multi-hour periods.
I still look at P&F charts but I find myself interpreting them the same way I do every chart (overlap vs breakout) instead of just trading breakouts.

bar_chart.png
bar_chart.png (165.21 KiB) Viewed 3633 times

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:09 pm

Alarm woke me overnight and got into EA short @ 1.5285. Want to add now, but where... Red line may be current cone forming, but would like a deeper retrace up to add more. Thoughts?
Attachments
EURAUDM15.png
EURAUDM15.png (55.71 KiB) Viewed 3548 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:34 pm

I am just going to take a second to talk about why I don't target sextillions.

1) A stop loss DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you will be able to liquidate at that price, therefore your true risk is anywhere from the 6 pips that you are hoping is your max loss to 40, 70, 140, or even hundreds of pips if price decides to gap on you.
"That is so unlikely...". It really isn't, price makes gap moves all the time that are probably larger than your stop loss.

2) 3.73% per day is FOUR ZEROS per year! Do you make 4 zeros per year? Didn't think so.
Why then do people risk 3 or 5% per trade? They might make 30, 70, 140% or more in a day but they still can not do better than someone who is consistently making a few percent per day (because the effort to make larger %'s consumes more time, both in terms of holding and giving profits back).

3) More risk is just more risk, more profit is just more profit.
Risking more does not make you more money, period, end of story.
You might make more on a given day but overall your gains will be slower.

It is better to spread your trades between three pairs, entering your lots in two or three parts and then increasing the size by a third as price continues to move in your favor, than it is to try and make all of your money in one pair.

I am guilty of being foolish, I didn't understand the value of diversification until recently :shock: :)

4) to goals not through goals.
Complete your first goal and then move to the next. Trying to blast through goals is a very good way to delay it from being reached in the first place.

I hope you listen, I don't want you to learn it the hard way like I did.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:17 pm

MightyOne wrote:I am just going to take a second to talk about why I don't target sextillions.

1) A stop loss DOES NOT GUARANTEE that you will be able to liquidate at that price, therefore your true risk is anywhere from the 6 pips that you are hoping is your max loss to 40, 70, 140, or even hundreds of pips if price decides to gap on you.
"That is so unlikely...". It really isn't, price makes gap moves all the time that are probably larger than your stop loss.

2) 3.73% per day is FOUR ZEROS per year! Do you make 4 zeros per year? Didn't think so.
Why then do people risk 3 or 5% per trade? They might make 30, 70, 140% or more in a day but they still can not do better than someone who is consistently making a few percent per day (because the effort to make larger %'s consumes more time, both in terms of holding and giving profits back).

3) More risk is just more risk, more profit is just more profit.
Risking more does not make you more money, period, end of story.
You might make more on a given day but overall your gains will be slower.

It is better to spread your trades between three pairs, entering your lots in two or three parts and then increasing the size by a third as price continues to move in your favor, than it is to try and make all of your money in one pair.

I am guilty of being foolish, I didn't understand the value of diversification until recently :shock: :)

4) to goals not through goals.
Complete your first goal and then move to the next. Trying to blast through goals is a very good way to delay it from being reached in the first place.

I hope you listen, I don't want you to learn it the hard way like I did.

I hit the "like" button on that post. =D>
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”