The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 29, 2016 6:29 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
I could instantly bring you 2000 more viewers in one short diatribe to the wrong person.

All I'd have to do is show the 2008 parallels of Orderblocks, breakers, and MM levels of entry/exits.
Adding a few pics dated 08/09 would do the trick.

I have resisted the temptation.

Your choice.

You and Alias are the only reasons that I am even still talking to myself on these threads :lol:

If you two go then I go...and Alias already has his foot out the door it seems. :shock:

EDIT: Jala, dc, etc, didn't forget you guys but you don't post very often. :wink:

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Sun May 29, 2016 6:36 pm

roctao wrote:Bodies in the direction of profit, wicks in the direction of loss.

Thanks, roctao.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Sun May 29, 2016 6:36 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:The why does not matter.
The what does not matter.
How to profit from it matters.

Thanks, TheRumpledOne.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Sun May 29, 2016 6:37 pm

MightyOne wrote: As TRO said, why it is and what it is ("something") does not matter.
What do you SEE and how are you going to trade it?

I see in triangles and from the lines of triangles I can build: cones, pennants, channels, flags, H&S, 1-2-3, medians, etc, etc.

Anything in motion has an angle, therefore congestion is never flat/horizontal, that is what I see.
Congestion is a sort of "non-movement" so if it is traveling at an angle then it is traveling at a slow one; I submit to you that it is about 15 degrees.

Drawing on a chart is a lesson in art class, it pulls what is in your head onto a canvas so that you can see it.

Of course another persons painting is going to confuse you as it is a reflection of his mind, not yours, but if you pick up a brush then you can create a picture that you can understand.

Personally, I use horizontal lines and 15 degree angles for everything.
I use angles as "overbought/oversold" indicators and in the same way as horizontal lines; if price re-enters a cone then it will usually
continue in the same direction.

If you SEE something different then do something different.

This thread is THE IDEAS THAT I TRADE BY, it is nothing more than a sharing of my thoughts.

Thanks, MightyOne.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 29, 2016 6:39 pm

You could even delete all the angles and draw them differently, there are always smaller and larger somethings, it doesn't matter.

Pull the ideas from your head, put them on the chart, & trade it.

GBPJPYDaily.png
GBPJPYDaily.png (37.73 KiB) Viewed 2686 times

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun May 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Efficient Market Hypnosis...

My experience in markets show me that markets are not efficient... This inefficiency is what value investors exploit everyday of their lives... Forex is just as inefficient... You telling me that a currency can drift away from fair value indefinitely?
:smt065

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Sun May 29, 2016 6:44 pm

MightyOne wrote: You and Alias are the only reasons that I am even still talking to myself on these threads :lol:

If you two go then I go...and Alias already has his foot out the door it seems. :shock:

EDIT: Jala, dc, etc, didn't forget you guys but you don't post very often. :wink:

Please don't leave.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun May 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Efficient Market Hypnosis...

My experience in markets show me that markets are not efficient... This inefficiency is what value investors exploit everyday of their lives... Forex is just as inefficient... You telling me that a currency can drift away from fair value indefinitely?

We are probably talking about different things - I am saying that there can be no static recipe. Fixed rules and parameters that consistently work do not exist. All fixed sets of rules and parameters are profitable sometimes, and all fixed sets are unprofitable over the longer term. Just trying to save time if you were going to backtest your observation about the cones.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun May 29, 2016 7:00 pm

MightyOne wrote: You and Alias are the only reasons that I am even still talking to myself on these threads :lol:

Hey I just got here! Old guys plz don't leave!

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun May 29, 2016 7:01 pm

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
I could instantly bring you 2000 more viewers in one short diatribe to the wrong person.

All I'd have to do is show the 2008 parallels of Orderblocks, breakers, and MM levels of entry/exits.
Adding a few pics dated 08/09 would do the trick.

I have resisted the temptation.

Your choice.

You and Alias are the only reasons that I am even still talking to myself on these threads :lol:

Well MO,
I'm definitely going to start posting again...

Please don't ever discount what you do here everyday for us locals... If you go, I'll go all Liam Neeson on you and find you!

These new upstarts making noise and taking smack don't have our respect... That gets earned through time...

You most certainly have more than just the respect of the locals, you have our never ending gratitude, and the very real realization that without you, we would probably be trading some costly system that ends up being nothing more than a coin flip...

Looking forward to the new thread... This one is getting a little crowded...

Forex Masterclass in session BOOM!
:smt065

Return to “TheRumpledOne”