The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 29, 2016 2:32 pm

John S. wrote:

I agree that your fame on this board is local "gobbledygook." The "insiders" on the board LOVE your "gobbledygook" and think that if they understand all of it, they will be wildly successful traders. When, in reality, it only confuses them. In fact, all of that "gobbledgook" is nothing more than a distraction.

All they have to do to be very profitable is to only understand the basics of trading and consistently do these four things:
1) if price is going up, go long
2) if price is going down, go short
3) if price goes against you, get out.
4) if price goes in your favor, stay in.

Everything else on this board, any other board, on any website, or trading marketing email is simply something designed to sell something, or feed someones ego.

Have a great weekend. :D

"Price cannot rise on wicks neither can it fall without closing lower", "trade in the direction of profit", "be mindful of where your stop loss is on larger charts"; aren't these the things that I have been saying all along?

Nothing that I say is gobbledygook nor is that what I am known for.
I can be cryptic but that is because the key to trading successfully is not the 4 points you listed above but the ability to think for yourself:

"if price is going up then go long or if it is going down then go short, but if you see something different then do something different"

Everything is confusing until you understand it, even the simplicity of horizontal lines.

I do not sell anything nor do I have an ego, the next thread could be private or not exist; it doesn't matter to me whether I talk to 5 people or 5000.

You enjoy your weekend as well, have fun kicking rocks :D

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 29, 2016 3:07 pm

TheRumpledOne wrote:
- H.Rearden wrote: "Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:
1) the price breaks to new high's [from what?]
2) the price reverses from new high's [to what?]
They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)
They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist."

Why didn't you just say RAT ZONE?

I swing and a miss, try again.

Obviously this is too many lines...
I just want to SEE it:

GBPJPYH4.png
GBPJPYH4.png (58.65 KiB) Viewed 3189 times

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Sun May 29, 2016 3:26 pm

From what? Order clusters
To what? Order clusters

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun May 29, 2016 3:43 pm

jrtrading wrote:From what? Order clusters
To what? Order clusters

The why does not matter.
The what does not matter.
How to profit from it matters.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun May 29, 2016 4:09 pm

I have noticed price goes higher on a downtrend... And lower on an uptrend cone... In the large scale... The micro cones seem to differ somewhat...

That chart is a thing of beauty...
:smt065

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Sun May 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Last edited by jrtrading on Sun May 29, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roctao

Postby roctao » Sun May 29, 2016 5:12 pm

jrtrading wrote:=> Price cannot move unless order clusters being consumed, such is the markets.
How can you tell when an order cluster has been consumed? =>

Bodies in the direction of profit, wicks in the direction of loss.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun May 29, 2016 5:30 pm

MightyOne wrote:
John S. wrote:

I agree that your fame on this board is local "gobbledygook." The "insiders" on the board LOVE your "gobbledygook" and think that if they understand all of it, they will be wildly successful traders. When, in reality, it only confuses them. In fact, all of that "gobbledgook" is nothing more than a distraction.

All they have to do to be very profitable is to only understand the basics of trading and consistently do these four things:
1) if price is going up, go long
2) if price is going down, go short
3) if price goes against you, get out.
4) if price goes in your favor, stay in.

Everything else on this board, any other board, on any website, or trading marketing email is simply something designed to sell something, or feed someones ego.

Have a great weekend. :D

"Price cannot rise on wicks neither can it fall without closing lower", "trade in the direction of profit", "be mindful of where your stop loss is on larger charts"; aren't these the things that I have been saying all along?

Nothing that I say is gobbledygook nor is that what I am known for.
I can be cryptic but that is because the key to trading successfully is not the 4 points you listed above but the ability to think for yourself:

"if price is going up then go long or if it is going down then go short, but if you see something different then do something different"

Everything is confusing until you understand it, even the simplicity of horizontal lines.

I do not sell anything nor do I have an ego, the next thread could be private or not exist; it doesn't matter to me whether I talk to 5 people or 5000.

You enjoy your weekend as well, have fun kicking rocks :D

I could instantly bring you 2000 more viewers in one short diatribe to the wrong person.

All I'd have to do is show the 2008 parallels of Orderblocks, breakers, and MM levels of entry/exits.
Adding a few pics dated 08/09 would do the trick.

I have resisted the temptation.

Your choice.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 29, 2016 6:17 pm

jrtrading wrote:=> Price cannot move unless order clusters being consumed, such is the markets.
How can you tell when an order cluster has been consumed? =>

As TRO said, why it is and what it is ("something") does not matter.
What do you SEE and how are you going to trade it?

I see in triangles and from the lines of triangles I can build: cones, pennants, channels, flags, H&S, 1-2-3, medians, etc, etc.

Anything in motion has an angle, therefore congestion is never flat/horizontal, that is what I see.
Congestion is a sort of "non-movement" so if it is traveling at an angle then it is traveling at a slow one; I submit to you that it is about 15 degrees.

Drawing on a chart is a lesson in art class, it pulls what is in your head onto a canvas so that you can see it.

Of course another persons painting is going to confuse you as it is a reflection of his mind, not yours, but if you pick up a brush then you can create a picture that you can understand.

Personally, I use horizontal lines and 15 degree angles for everything.
I use angles as "overbought/oversold" indicators and in the same way as horizontal lines; if price re-enters a cone then it will usually
continue in the same direction.

If you SEE something different then do something different.

This thread is THE IDEAS THAT I TRADE BY, it is nothing more than a sharing of my thoughts.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sun May 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Jalarupa wrote:I have noticed price goes higher on a downtrend... And lower on an uptrend cone... In the large scale... The micro cones seem to differ somewhat...

That chart is a thing of beauty...

All the statistical analysis I have done says it all comes out in the wash over the longer term. Once something becomes statistically valid, aka expected return >50%, it is at risk for reversal. If you noticed upward cone false breakouts in downtrends to be greater than the downward breaks, and vice-versa, it is likely that that particular relationship is at risk for reversal. If you look further back in history, you should see periods where the opposite is true. This is why most EA's work for short periods of time and then blow up. Assume a perfectly efficient market exists - any inefficiencies are quickly exploited and the window gets closed.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”