The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 28, 2016 1:29 pm

John S. wrote:C'mon MO, please respond to TRO's request. "Gobbledygook" is what you are famous for! LOL. :D

My "fame" is that of a neighbor, 7 years of communicating with a small group of people.

The group understands the local dialect (TROgalog, a language based on TRO), but to the outsider it is gobbledygook.

TRO knows the answer to his own question, he has quoted H. Rearden a thousand times:

- H.Rearden wrote: "Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:
1) the price breaks to new high's [from what?]
2) the price reverses from new high's [to what?]
They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)
They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

C++

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 28, 2016 3:18 pm

This book has been sitting on the shelf for far too long.

I think that it is time to set aside 2 days and get her done...
it can't be that difficult to make a program draw x's and o's.

and_so_it_begins.png
and_so_it_begins.png (121.49 KiB) Viewed 3743 times

laksh

Re: C++

Postby laksh » Sat May 28, 2016 5:13 pm

MightyOne wrote: This book has been sitting on the shelf for far too long.

I think that it is time to set aside 2 days and get her done...
it can't be that difficult to make a program draw x's and o's.

and_so_it_begins.png

I think you will enjoy C++ concepts of Object Orientation and Re-usability etc. as the charts you mark already use these concepts.

Inspired by http://www.code.org initiative, I tried to learn C as it is the most widely used programming language of all time. I can write a program to print "Hello World" 8)

MightyOne

Re: C++

Postby MightyOne » Sat May 28, 2016 6:39 pm

laksh wrote:
I think you will enjoy C++ concepts of Object Orientation and Re-usability etc. as the charts you mark already use these concepts.

Inspired by http://www.code.org initiative, I tried to learn C as it is the most widely used programming language of all time. I can write a program to print "Hello World" 8)

I have written basic code in: Common Lisp, Java, Python (Course was so shtty it was discontinued), Ruby, HTML, MQL4, and a few others.

I hope to one day learn one of them well enough to do anything useful. :)

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Here's what I'm looking at for GJ next week.
Idea: Long to at least 163.
Position 1: 160 - at or around the open tomorrow.
Add size to trail up to each green line given the space.
Look for exits around each red line in case short side still in play.
Orange lines may be S/R.

Please give me your thoughts and I will do some more charts. 5 wks to 100% starts tomorrow!
Attachments
GBPJPYM15.png
GBPJPYM15.png (45.43 KiB) Viewed 3594 times

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Sat May 28, 2016 7:41 pm

That's what I see on the 4h GJ. Could even be a strange sort of H&S.

How have you decided on the red and green lines?
Attachments
GBPJPY 4h 28516.PNG
GBPJPY 4h 28516.PNG (213.08 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
"So let it be written; so let it be done."

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Sat May 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Goonslinger wrote:That's what I see on the 4h GJ. Could even be a strange sort of H&S.

How have you decided on the red and green lines?

If long still in play, green lines hopefully a bit below where B/O traders got in long. If short still in play, new highs should be limited, so red lines just prior to prior highs.

Will you look to short at the top of the cone with position above 2+ month high? Ultimately looking below 160? Seems perfectly valid as well - will see what PA looks like if/when we arrive at those zones. Will you be long into the top of the cone or trading short only?

TheRumpledOne

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun May 29, 2016 5:45 am

MightyOne wrote:
John S. wrote:C'mon MO, please respond to TRO's request. "Gobbledygook" is what you are famous for! LOL. :D

My "fame" is that of a neighbor, 7 years of communicating with a small group of people.

The group understands the local dialect (TROgalog, a language based on TRO), but to the outsider it is gobbledygook.

TRO knows the answer to his own question, he has quoted H. Rearden a thousand times:

- H.Rearden wrote: "Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:
They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)
They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist."

Why didn't you just say RAT ZONE?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

Please do NOT PM me with trading or coding questions, post them in a thread.

Goonslinger

Postby Goonslinger » Sun May 29, 2016 7:40 am

Sacrophage wrote:Will you look to short at the top of the cone with position above 2+ month high? Ultimately looking below 160? Seems perfectly valid as well - will see what PA looks like if/when we arrive at those zones. Will you be long into the top of the cone or trading short only?

I don't place too much faith in the cones I draw because I don't think I have the hang of them yet. But I do like to focus on 2+ day extremes. So depending on what happens on Monday, I would be looking to go long to the top of the cone and then shorting placing my faith in the 2+ month extreme.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."

John S.

Postby John S. » Sun May 29, 2016 9:06 am

MightyOne wrote:

I agree that your fame on this board is local "gobbledygook." The "insiders" on the board LOVE your "gobbledygook" and think that if they understand all of it, they will be wildly successful traders. When, in reality, it only confuses them. In fact, all of that "gobbledgook" is nothing more than a distraction.

All they have to do to be very profitable is to only understand the basics of trading and consistently do these four things:
1) if price is going up, go long
2) if price is going down, go short
3) if price goes against you, get out.
4) if price goes in your favor, stay in.

Everything else on this board, any other board, on any website, or trading marketing email is simply something designed to sell something, or feed someones ego.

Have a great weekend. :D

Return to “TheRumpledOne”