The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 01, 2016 7:01 pm

thepark wrote:
Thanks MO..what do you mean when the line spacing is narrowed? isnt the spacing always fixed to your MACRO size?

Sorry if im not making any sense

The value of the macro is fixed, say .333%, but the space between the lines is not.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

thepark

Postby thepark » Sun May 01, 2016 7:17 pm

MightyOne wrote:
thepark wrote:
Thanks MO..what do you mean when the line spacing is narrowed? isnt the spacing always fixed to your MACRO size?

Sorry if im not making any sense

The value of the macro is fixed, say .333%, but the space between the lines is not.

The dollar value of a macro is a function of the dollar per pip value and the MACRO number (number of pips per line) is it not? So if i divide my $/pip by 16 to trade SIXTEENS my actual real pip value of the MACRO will increasing proportionately hence the value of the macro is fixed.

but how can the space between lines between the lines change if you are trading a certain macro number (SIXTEEN, EIGHTS)? because it dictates the number of pips of that MACRO unless i say switch from trading SIXTEENS to EIGHTS?

thanks for this..... sorry for bearing with me.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 01, 2016 8:27 pm

thepark wrote:
The dollar value of a macro is a function of the dollar per pip value and the MACRO number (number of pips per line) is it not? So if i divide my $/pip by 16 to trade SIXTEENS my actual real pip value of the MACRO will increasing proportionately hence the value of the macro is fixed.

but how can the space between lines between the lines change if you are trading a certain macro number (SIXTEEN, EIGHTS)? because it dictates the number of pips of that MACRO unless i say switch from trading SIXTEENS to EIGHTS?

If a pip is $50 then each macro is $50.

$3.13 x 16 = $50
$4.17 x 12 = $50
$6.25 x 08 = $50

If I wish to "narrow" the spacing of the lines from SIXTEENS to TWELVES then I increase my position size from $3.13/pip to $4.17/pip.

As soon as I "add" to the position the lines narrow and I gain/lose at a rate of TWELVES.

Sorry if I explain things poorly, I hope that this answers your question.

thepark

Postby thepark » Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

MightyOne wrote:
thepark wrote:

If a pip is $50 then each macro is $50.

$3.13 x 16 = $50
$4.17 x 12 = $50
$6.25 x 08 = $50

If I wish to "narrow" the spacing of the lines from SIXTEENS to TWELVES then I increase my position size from $3.13/pip to $4.17/pip.

As soon as I "add" to the position the lines narrow and I gain/lose at a rate of TWELVES.

Sorry if I explain things poorly, I hope that this answers your question.

Thanks MO, i appreciate the time you put in to explain these concepts. You don't owe us anything. :mrgreen:

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Mon May 02, 2016 11:56 am

Jalarupa wrote:I really love this EIGHTS indi...

At any time you can express your love by clicking the link. :lol: :lol: :lol:

eights.png
eights.png (15.66 KiB) Viewed 3669 times
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Mon May 02, 2016 2:29 pm

salezyakuku wrote:

eights.png

I have no problem paying for tools that enhance my ability to trade...

Is there a possibility that your tool could be made to track a horizontal line instead of manually entering a price?

Something like if I rename a line "eights" on my chart and can move it around on the fly, and then the indicator adjusts with its movements, that would be great!

I'm sure it could be done on a chart refresh like when you change time frames...?
:smt065

salezyakuku

Postby salezyakuku » Mon May 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Jalarupa wrote:I have no problem paying for tools that enhance my ability to trade...

Just "click", I will see how often you love it in google url shortener statistics. :wink: I'm not pro coder....

Jalarupa wrote:Is there a possibility that your tool could be made to track a horizontal line instead of manually entering a price?

Good idea =D> , I will look closer to this next weekend....
"I only see my goals, I don't believe in failure 'Cause I know the smallest voices, they can make it major"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Mon May 02, 2016 3:17 pm

salezyakuku wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:I have no problem paying for tools that enhance my ability to trade...

Just "click", I will see how often you love it in google url shortener statistics. :wink: I'm not pro coder....

Jalarupa wrote:Is there a possibility that your tool could be made to track a horizontal line instead of manually entering a price?

Good idea =D> , I will look closer to this next weekend....

Awesome...was thinking... Would be great to have the option to NAME the line it has to track also... That way if you want it to track a average drawn from an average line indicator then you use that name of that indicators line... Or EIGHTS or whatever... Looking forward ;)
:smt065

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 02, 2016 3:45 pm

salezyakuku wrote:

eights.png

I exited the Polish PayPal and opened one that was in English...
and that got me thinking about languages.

In order of frequency, I run into people who speak:
Cantonese/Italian/Mandarin
Arabic/Albanian
Greek/Polish
Japanese/Korean/Thai

I am English/French on my fathers side (Canadian,...grandma was as French as they come) and Scottish/Irish/Prussian on my mothers side.
I asked my Prussian grandma, before she went senile, about the Prussian side and she went into stories about her grandparents hiding away on boats to escape persecution...something about names being changed from Abramhovich (if that's how you spell it) to Coby to hide identity (ok granny, say nothing more!)

MightyOne

IDEAS WORTH TRADING

Postby MightyOne » Mon May 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Technical analysis is so simple.

USDTRYM15.png
USDTRYM15.png (45.71 KiB) Viewed 3709 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”