The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:23 pm

v8power wrote:Here is a super easy trade (that also shows what MO preaches). Blue box was a double failure. Also price had made monthly and yearly high (what does MO and TRO always say). Then I just held to I zlined the profits of all the longs at the red line. That trade alone almost added a zero to my account.

Why did I hold for so long. Because there is only one yearly high and Im not about to sell it for less then its worth. Also I remember MO saying a yearly candle will normally fill its range in 5 months (or 7). So after priced dropped for 4 weeks straight I had a perfect exit at the zline.

Nope trades don't happen like this often. But hey this 1 trade was almost worth 1 zero to my account. I only need one of those a year (maybe two G/J was down almost 2,000 pips from Jan 3).

I no longer trade yearly candles, but it is nice to see someone taking the reins.
Last edited by MightyOne on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:31 pm

[DELETED]
Last edited by MightyOne on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:37 pm

MightyOne wrote:
v8power wrote:Here is a super easy trade (that also shows what MO preaches). Blue box was a double failure. Also price had made monthly and yearly high (what does MO and TRO always say). Then I just held to I zlined the profits of all the longs at the red line. That trade alone almost added a zero to my account.

Why did I hold for so long. Because there is only one yearly high and Im not about to sell it for less then its worth. Also I remember MO saying a yearly candle will normally fill its range in 5 months (or 7). So after priced dropped for 4 weeks straight I had a perfect exit at the zline.

Nope trades don't happen like this often. But hey this 1 trade was almost worth 1 zero to my account. I only need one of those a year (maybe two G/J was down almost 2,000 pips from Jan 3).

I no longer trade yearly candles, but it is nice to see someone taking the reins.

Its not so much I trade yearly candles. Its just nice to have the idea/concept in the back of my mind to hold a trade for longer. Its nice to let a long term trade make money so I don't have to get up at 2am to trade everyday and have no life.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:07 pm

MightyOne wrote:I'll just REPOST this because no one likes to turn pages:

A PIP is an EIGHT is a SIXTEEN is a THIRTY-TWO is a SIXTY-FOUR.

The numbers are all $pip values, but you are trading for the PIP value no matter which macro that you decide to trade.

IDEAS_2_MACRO-PIPS.png

So I originally thought macro pips were just what you(us as traders) used when you scapled the daily charts. Which I thought was a cool idea, a way to place multiple trades across different pairs that required little work.

But it seems like the macro pip is now a concept by itself as almost a money/risk management. Also from what I have read (maybe I missed something) the sl can be anywhere from 3-8 macro pips, while you are only targeting about the same (unless units are reduced and then you hold for more).

Which seems almost opposite of what you use to talk about, Keeping sl small and aiming for big R:R's (I'm talking about back to NLA when you first mentioned "externals" or how you scalped for 2/3's of what you risked, 2 or 3 times then used that profit split in 2 trades and aimed for returns of greater then 15 to 1).

This isn't meant to seem like an attack or knock on you. I feel like I'm missing something from the reasoning or importance of the macro pip (yes I know it helps so you don't get whipped sawed and makes you think in macro and micro pips). This is why I keep my trading very basic and try not to ask questions, haha.

Also one last thing. Regarding actually scalping the daily candle, are there other ideas you use besides the closed under an extreme, closed above an extreme, the last bar was .....

But back

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:56 pm

v8power wrote:

The numbers are all $pip values, but you are trading for the PIP value no matter which macro that you decide to trade.

IDEAS_2_MACRO-PIPS.png

So I originally thought macro pips were just what you(us as traders) used when you scapled the daily charts. Which I thought was a cool idea, a way to place multiple trades across different pairs that required little work.

But it seems like the macro pip is now a concept by itself as almost a money/risk management. Also from what I have read (maybe I missed something) the sl can be anywhere from 3-8 macro pips, while you are only targeting about the same (unless units are reduced and then you hold for more).

Which seems almost opposite of what you use to talk about, Keeping sl small and aiming for big R:R's (I'm talking about back to NLA when you first mentioned "externals" or how you scalped for 2/3's of what you risked, 2 or 3 times then used that profit split in 2 trades and aimed for returns of greater then 15 to 1).

This isn't meant to seem like an attack or knock on you. I feel like I'm missing something from the reasoning or importance of the macro pip (yes I know it helps so you don't get whipped sawed and makes you think in macro and micro pips). This is why I keep my trading very basic and try not to ask questions, haha.

Also one last thing. Regarding actually scalping the daily candle, are there other ideas you use besides the closed under an extreme, closed above an extreme, the last bar was .....

But back

I would like to think that I am getting better over time and not worse :)

Stop loss is 2 to 5 macro pips.
The minimum target is 3 to 5 macros.
Automatic out half at 7 macros, half size to whatever I wish to target.

A macro is the $equivalent of a micro, so if my stop is 2 to 5 macro then that is the same as using a 2 to 5 pip stop on a small chart.

What you are not seeing is that R/R ratios increase as I stack; risk stays the same, profit potential is increased; OPM is not considered "risk".

I use EIGHTS, I was thinking of using SIXTY-FOURS but I think that I'll stick to EIGHTS & SIXTEENS as they work well together to drown volatility.

The "eternal" strategy has changed since NLA:
If the monthly candle is green and you are long from a monthly extreme or breakout then close all but a small fraction of your trade.
If the monthly moves 700 more pips and you held 20% of your position then you made 140 more pips; if you have multiple pairs where
you are doing the same thing then it can add up quickly.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:03 pm

Micros? Don't even miss em!

EURAUDecnM15.png
EURAUDecnM15.png (66.75 KiB) Viewed 3227 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:08 pm

MightyOne wrote:
v8power wrote:

IDEAS_2_MACRO-PIPS.png

But back

I would like to think that I am getting better over time and not worse :)

Stop loss is 2 to 5 macro pips.
The minimum target is 3 to 5 macros.
Automatic out half at 7 macros, half size to whatever I wish to target.

A macro is the $equivalent of a micro, so if my stop is 2 to 5 macro then that is the same as using a 2 to 5 pip stop on a small chart.

What you are not seeing is that R/R ratios increase as I stack; risk stays the same, profit potential is increased; OPM is not considered "risk".

I use EIGHTS, I was thinking of using SIXTY-FOURS but I think that I'll stick to EIGHTS & SIXTEENS as they work well together to drown volatility.

The "eternal" strategy has changed since NLA:
If the monthly candle is green and you are long from a monthly extreme or breakout then close all but a small fraction of your trade.
If the monthly moves 700 more pips and you held 20% of your position then you made 140 more pips; if you have multiple pairs where
you are doing the same thing then it can add up quickly.

Ok. Thank you for the explanation. I hope my post didnt offend you at all.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:14 pm

I thought the first part of accumulation was with small stops on small charts, and then as the multiples became significant we turned to larger charts within the daily range - sorry I must be very slow -
but do I understand it correctly in that macro pips (i.e. larger stops on a larger chart) is the way to go for the whole accumulation process?

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:16 pm

MightyOne wrote:Micros? Don't even miss em!

EURAUDecnM15.png

My favorite pair to trade. (Feel free to throw some magical 15 angles, cones or pennants on there for me, hahh).

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:15 pm

jrtrading wrote:I thought the first part of accumulation was with small stops on small charts, and then as the multiples became significant we turned to larger charts within the daily range - sorry I must be very slow -
but do I understand it correctly in that macro pips (i.e. larger stops on a larger chart) is the way to go for the whole accumulation process?

Yes and No.... It depends on the year MO posted. :D

You can accumulate with small charts so you can ride
large charts with OPM at good size.

You can accumulate using macro pip on large charts
and not worry about small charts.

MO has presented many ideas that are viable. I have
tested many of them. You will have to find what fits your
needs. I'm still a ZL, held profit fan personally.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “TheRumpledOne”