The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Rangoban

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Rangoban » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:34 am

Seems you are never bored, MO.
I remember seeing one of your custom candle charts for the first time. I immediatley closed the chart and had a headache for at least two days. It looked like science and I felt a lot anxiety, thinking that without such charts I would never be able to trade. :oops:

edit: Why do I always feel bad when posting? That must be a brain thing.
Attachments
1r9kpi.gif
1r9kpi.gif (24.97 KiB) Viewed 4257 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Rangoban wrote:Seems you are never bored, MO.
I remember seeing one of your custom candle charts for the first time. I immediatley closed the chart and had a headache for at least two days. It looked like science and I felt a lot anxiety, thinking that without such charts I would never be able to trade. :oops:

edit: Why do I always feel bad when posting? That must be a brain thing.

I regret thinking that observing multiple shifts was a good idea.

Trading need not be that difficult.

thepark

Postby thepark » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:43 pm

MightyOne wrote:
thepark wrote:Thanks MO. Sorry I have a lot of questions.

a) I see, so the the risk box is a function of the pips and size. Reduce size when you lose, so you can keep using that same box until you hit a big win.
b) Why is 21.15% significant? And when you hit that waypoint, how much should you increase your new $min (dollar/pip value), is there a preferred progression? If your box is still only 40 pips and you increase your dollar per pip value significantly, wouldn't the 41 pip box be reduced to nothing?
c) So everytime you double, your stop loss is reduced to half and never let price fall all the way back to your stop loss. Would you shed lots here, move your average price and stop loss back?
d) I want to get an idea of how aggressive you are in your sizing...I see you talking about adding 0s in one year..but the idea seems so farfetched to me. For example I shorted GBPJPY this week for 6%.
70000 units at 159.732
added 30000 at 159.279
exited both at 157.35

btw I bought that Advanced Commodity Trading Techniques Ken Roberts Course. Went through the first VHS, I can only hear the sound theres no actual video hahah.

a) Yes.
b1) If you target 21.153% twelve times then you will have your zero. If you can reach 1 target then you can reach 12.
Don't focus on increasing your account to the astronomical number, focus on the path to the result.
b2)I use the numbers that I posted above. So with $1000 your $min would be $.367/pip and your $max would be $2.937/pip.
Once you reach an account size of $1,211.53 then your $min is $.444, your $max is $3.559, & your risk-box is still 41 pips...
(.444 * 41) / 1211.53 = 1.502% risk. I focus on the waypoint, as if it were the actual account size, and use it as a springboard
to target the next.
c) Do not focus on losing half of your space! Think of it as a pseudo trailing stop. Price starts moving in the direction of profit
and you like the look of your midpoint as a new stop location so you double your size; that is all that there is to it, no stress.
d) There are 12 steps and 12 months and the numbers are geared to reach a waypoint in 5.3 days; giving you 4x more time to
reach each goal.

ACTT: The Ted Warren seminar is what inspired me to think of technical analysis in new ways. I remember looking at his charts
and thinking that his lines were oddly drawn & that if he could be artistic then why can't I? :lol:
I threw the Ken Roberts portion in the trash. I love the man, he inspired me to have confidence in myself & I did use his methods
to average 400%/yr for the first four years, but Ted Warren is so much better.

Thanks MO

So we are essentially risking 1.5% to try and make 21.153%. How we use that 1.5% between lot size for offence, and pips for defence is up to us, but once we get to the waypoint we get have to lose 14 1.5% boxes in a row to lose all our profits?

I only trade the weekly direction cause I work but it seems like being able to trade full time would be perfect for this MM technique. I need to think of how to implement this.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:13 pm

thepark wrote:Thanks MO

So we are essentially risking 1.5% to try and make 21.153%. How we use that 1.5% between lot size for offence, and pips for defence is up to us, but once we get to the waypoint we get have to lose 14 1.5% boxes in a row to lose all our profits?

I only trade the weekly direction cause I work but it seems like being able to trade full time would be perfect for this MM technique. I need to think of how to implement this.

That is correct.

Simply set daily objectives:

DAY 1: I am going to enter, double my size shortly thereafter, and exit.
DAY 2: I am going to enter with my doubled size, exit half in profit, and see what else I can get (trailing stop or just liquidate when you have to go).
etc

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:01 pm

MightyOne wrote:
thepark wrote:Thanks MO

That is correct.

Simply set daily objectives:

DAY 1: I am going to enter, double my size shortly thereafter, and exit.
DAY 2: I am going to enter with my doubled size, exit half in profit, and see what else I can get (trailing stop or just liquidate when you have to go).
etc

Your ideas are starting to sound like a method or setup with rules and what not. Haha, im just messing with you MO. Im sure your are tired of this subject and are trying to distell it down to its most basic idea for everyone to understand.

MightyOne

LOGIC > NUMBERS

Postby MightyOne » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:16 pm

USDCADecnM15.png
USDCADecnM15.png (24.82 KiB) Viewed 4084 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:44 pm

v8power wrote:Oh yea, I always fine tune my entry off of 5-15min tmf. Yea last week on G/U you could easily have riden price up to the crash zone, down and back up again. I just happened to reread the blind mouse thread this weekend so I was looking at that plus some of your other ideas for trying to catch the yearly extreme.

Here is another that I mocked up really quick. Its eur/aud. On the daily you have a double failure set-up. On the weekly you have a fatcat resistance line at 1.5700 that also crosses right through a down momo. And the same line 1.5700 also crosses right through a down momo on the monthly. These are just my bastardise versions of your ideas. They kind of just stood out to me, so I figured I would post them. I also love using the crash zone, daily+extremes and zlines/momo.

Two weeks and 800 pips later (almost 2,000 captured when you factor in additional trades I took on the way down). Thanks MO.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:41 am

So MO, I know in pro's thread you keep talking about working out, but never end up doing it. Plus I know you are still trying to drop so weight. So Im going to offer some advice, even tho you didn't ask (feel free to have this post deleted if you want).

I know your not keen on the idea of working out so I made the simplest, shortest, damn near most effective routine possible. On Monday you will do one balls to the wall set aiming for 10-20 reps on the trap bar deadlift. http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-tb-2- ... ApQK8P8HAQ

Thursday you do one or two sets of dips. http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-tb-2- ... ApQK8P8HAQ

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday you push the prowler with 145 pds added to it for 6 passes of 30 yards with 1 minute rest in between, each pass. http://www.elitefts.com/shop/cardio/pro ... ler-2.html

There ya go. A total of about a hour and a half total out of your whole week. Continue to do your keto diet (especially post workout). You could throw some green tea and L-Car in to help burn off some more fat. Also I highly recommend coconut and fish oil. Either add weight or reps to your 2 exercises when you can.

There ya go nice and simple and quick. I wont even get into how to spike your natural growth hormone or test levels, intra workout nutrtion, fasts or how to make cardio burn abot a third more calories then normal.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 am

v8power wrote:Two weeks and 800 pips later (almost 2,000 captured when you factor in additional trades I took on the way down). Thanks MO.

What is that in percent gain?

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:23 pm

MightyOne wrote:
v8power wrote:Two weeks and 800 pips later (almost 2,000 captured when you factor in additional trades I took on the way down). Thanks MO.

What is that in percent gain?

Over 400%

Return to “TheRumpledOne”