Postby v8power » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:49 pm

MightyOne wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
I'm an indicator junky.
Got a link for download?

It is a TRO2015 donation indicator.

For $0.96/week it can be yours :lol:

THE_RUMPLED_ONE.png

Haha, what a salesmen. The crash zone is hands down one of my favorite ideas you ever showed us.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:07 am

Maybe there is a better way to write it, I don't know :lol:

T_B-Z.png
T_B-Z.png (20.04 KiB) Viewed 4336 times

Rangoban

Postby Rangoban » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:29 am

Mo said:
"You can post anything, almost anything, in this thread.
Anything important will be mentioned in "Ideas II"

Hi MO, just another "watcher" here :-)
I completely agree with you and I managed to do it myself (using space, driving lot size up, adding a zero at the end of the year), at least with the Forex Tester programm, not in real time, yet.

I found out that is much simplier to trade succesfull once you have collected some OPM (other peoples money). In that case you dont care that much and you can play better around with the moneys left.
Often I think trading is like trying to cross the atlantic ocean in a boat. No matter what direction you choose, the unrelenting waves will devour you anyway.

The problem for me so far starts in the beginning. It is hard for me to believe that you can come back, if you lost some space and you have to reduce your units.
Lets say I start with 3 units at 100 space, lose the first trade, have to reduce to 2 units so that I have more space again. If I lose again I have to reduce further. And someone could lose again and again. :-D
In that case someone maybe isnt made for trading and should stop it, maybe.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:18 pm

You dont have to reduce your unit size if you lose space.
If from a 1000$ you make it to step 1 risking 1.5% you can lose 14 times in a row before you are back at 1000$.
If you sit down and trade live and lose 14 times in a row you will learn something :D win win.

If you find yourself in between steps there are plenty of ways to get yourself back to step X quickly.
I would love to hear MO's idea on that btw.
I personally like to just find what % i need to get back and trade from $min to reach it.
Sometimes i am a bit ballsy and just trade like i was still in the previous trade.

Lots of fun to be had and when you fail.. learn from it :D
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Rangoban wrote:Mo said:

I completely agree with you and I managed to do it myself (using space, driving lot size up, adding a zero at the end of the year), at least with the Forex Tester programm, not in real time, yet.

I found out that is much simplier to trade succesfull once you have collected some OPM (other peoples money). In that case you dont care that much and you can play better around with the moneys left.
Often I think trading is like trying to cross the atlantic ocean in a boat. No matter what direction you choose, the unrelenting waves will devour you anyway.

The problem for me so far starts in the beginning. It is hard for me to believe that you can come back, if you lost some space and you have to reduce your units.
Lets say I start with 3 units at 100 space, lose the first trade, have to reduce to 2 units so that I have more space again. If I lose again I have to reduce further. And someone could lose again and again. :-D

Hi, thanks for posting.

My trade size is based on "waypoints" and the distance between each waypoint is 14 losses.

On any given risk-box (aka "space", the thing that holds your pips) I may reduce size to add pips to the risk-box ("re-inflate space"), but once
the box is destroyed the next trade is placed at $minimum size for the current waypoint; unless I have destroyed 14 boxes, my $minimum
size is not going to be reduced.

The way I have it set up is that $minimum size = an 8th of $maximum size so -40 pips is equal to -5 "big pips".
Even if I destroy 6 boxes in a row, -240 pips, I would only need 30 "big pips" to recover.
And what happens if I make 72 "big pips" within the daily range? I am up 576 pips at $minimum!

So how does one get to $maximum size? It is quite simple really.
1) start thinking of your stop loss as the entry.
2) the midpoint between your stop loss and the current price is
is the "trailing stop"; the moment you feel comfortable with trailing
your stop is the moment you double your position size.
2b) there is another way to add size. Once you liquidate your position,
if price retraces 50% from your exit price to your prev. stop loss then you
can double your size and use said stop position a 2nd time.

If you are in "significant" profit with $minimum size then just liquidate at a profit
else increase by doubling and reduce by halving.
It is so simple that you are going to want to tweak it...do what you want, it is your money :lol:

Once you make it to the first waypoint you will understand that you can do no wrong.

Attached is the current double set of waypoints. You can go white to white or purple to purple or even alternate.
You will notice that it has unrealistic sizes, that is simply for recalculating the size of your risk-box.

Ideas_2_72.png
Ideas_2_72.png (26.06 KiB) Viewed 4234 times

Converting Space:
(What $min should be / What $min is)space = space
(.367 / .40)41 = 37.6 space
(.367 / .30)41 = 50.1 space

Regression after Gain:
(% to waypoint / set pip target)waypoint = $/pip
(.21153 / 72)1000 = 2.937
(.1108 / 48)1000 = 2.308
(.0404 / 48)1000 = 0.841
(.0200 / 48)1000 = 0.416
Last edited by MightyOne on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:02 pm

laksh wrote:By the way, I just replied to your earlier post, since it had an URL in it, its waiting for an approval from the Admin to appear!!!

Hi,

just to explain: all newly registered users are, by default, treated as suspected spammers and they are placed automatically into "Newly registered users" group, till the point when they post at least a certain number of posts.

While the new user is in this "Newly registered users" group, all his attempts to post are auto-scanned for certain spam keywords. If a spam keyword is detected, the post doesn't appear on the board till moderator approves. However, if no spam keyword is detected, the post appears immediately.

In your post you were refererring to, the problem was not with the URL. There was a keyword that's frequently used by spammers on this board ("phone") and that's why (in combination with the fact that you haven't written enough posts yet) your post was waiting for an approval.

I agree it's a pain, but it was a bigger pain to have spam all over kreslik.com.

What you don't see is all the spam which is filtered out by these methods on kreslik.com every day: in the last 7 days, 255 spam attempts (registrations and spam posts) were blocked thanks to these methods.

So it pays off to have a bit of incovenience in order to maintain kreslik.com spam-free as it is now.

If I allow anybody to post anything with no spam restrictions, there will be 30 spam posts every day here.

Thanks,
Michal

thepark

Postby thepark » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 pm

MightyOne wrote:
Rangoban wrote:Mo said:

Hi, thanks for posting.

My trade size is based on "waypoints" and the distance between each waypoint is 14 losses.

On any given risk-box (aka "space", the thing that holds your pips) I may reduce size to add pips to the risk-box ("re-inflate space"), but once
the box is destroyed the next trade is placed at $minimum size for the current waypoint; unless I have destroyed 14 boxes, my $minimum
size is not going to be reduced.

The way I have it set up is that $minimum size = an 8th of $maximum size so -40 pips is equal to -5 "big pips".
Even if I destroy 6 boxes in a row, -240 pips, I would only need 30 "big pips" to recover.
And what happens if I make 72 "big pips" within the daily range? I am up 576 pips at $minimum!

So how does one get to $maximum size? It is quite simple really.
1) start thinking of your stop loss as the entry.
2) the midpoint between your stop loss and the current price is
is the "trailing stop"; the moment you feel comfortable with trailing
your stop is the moment you double your position size.
2b) there is another way to add size. Once you liquidate your position,
if price retraces 50% from your exit price to your prev. stop loss then you
can double your size and use said stop position a 2nd time.

If you are in "significant" profit with $minimum size then just liquidate at a profit
else increase by doubling and reduce by halving.
It is so simple that you are going to want to tweak it...do what you want, it is your money :lol:

Once you make it to the first waypoint you will understand that you can do no wrong.

Attached is the current double set of waypoints. You can go white to white or purple to purple or even alternate.
You will notice that it has unrealistic sizes, that is simply for recalculating the size of your risk-box.

Ideas_2_72.png

Converting Space:
(What $min should be / What $min is)space = space
(.367 / .40)41 = 37.6 space
(.367 / .30)41 = 50.1 space

Regression after Gain:
(% to waypoint / set pip target)waypoint = $/pip
(.21153 / 72)1000 = 2.937
(.1108 / 48)1000 = 2.308
(.0404 / 48)1000 = 0.841
(.0200 / 48)1000 = 0.416

Hi MO

Trying to understand your money management technique as mine is egregiously bad but having a difficult time understanding:evil: :evil: Possible for a run through of this table from the basics?

So the above table you presented works as follows:
a) You enter a trade with a set percentage loss based on a set minimum size and a set pip box and you can lose 14 times with this percentage loss.
b) If you manage to make 21.53% you jump to the next box size??
c) What happens after you double your position, if it hits your trailing stop at midpoint the size of the loss depends on where you entered, even though you think of your initial stop loss as the entry. How is that loss going to the same for each of the 14 losses?

I am currently trading the GBPJPY, targeting the weekly crash zone. I set my stop loss at 5% of my account and I back out my entry size based on my entry distance to the 2 day extreme and 5% loss. When I start winning then I start adding to my lot size. The size of my win and loss are both around 5%. This means that if I win one week and lose the next week I make nothing. All I am trading is "body in the direction of profit, wick in the direction of loss" and I am correct a lot of the time direction wise (made 86% last year, and 55% the previous year), but I just can't make a lot of money dollar wise...

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 pm

thepark wrote:Hi MO

Trying to understand your money management technique as mine is egregiously bad but having a difficult time understanding:evil: :evil: Possible for a run through of this table from the basics?

a) You enter a trade with a set percentage loss based on a set minimum size and a set pip box and you can lose 14 times with this percentage loss.
c) What happens after you double your position, if it hits your trailing stop at midpoint the size of the loss depends on where you entered, even though you think of your initial stop loss as the entry. How is that loss going to the same for each of the 14 losses?

I am currently trading the GBPJPY, targeting the weekly crash zone. I set my stop loss at 5% of my account and I back out my entry size based on my entry distance to the 2 day extreme and 5% loss. When I start winning then I start adding to my lot size. The size of my win and loss are both around 5%. This means that if I win one week and lose the next week I make nothing. All I am trading is "body in the direction of profit, wick in the direction of loss" and I am correct a lot of the time direction wise (made 86% last year, and 55% the previous year), but I just can't make a lot of money dollar wise...

a) For the purpose of adding size your total risk-box is in play, but this does not mean that you simply set a stop and let price fall 40 pips.
The main idea of Space is surviving long enough to take down big %gains.
After a loss you reduce size and add pips to your risk-box so that you can survive without digging in your pockets for more change.
If your risk-box starts to fill up with pips then you increase size and take pips out of the box to NORMALIZE RISK and achieve the objective more
quickly.

b) When you make it to +21.153% then the risk-box is still 41 pips. The size of the risk-box changes based on what the $min should be vs what the $min is;
if the "unreal" dollar size is $3.67/pip then you might only have the ability to place a trade for $3 or $4/pip. If $4 then your risk-box is (3.67 / 4)41 or 37.6 pips. If $3.60 then 41.8 space & if $3.70 then 40.6 space.

c) No matter how many times you double your position size risk is the same because it is normalized each time by cutting the space in half.
$1 over 100 = $100
$2 over 50 = $100
$4 over 25 = $100
$8 over 12.5 = $100
But you should be making pips so it will not fall to a single pip of space #-o
This does not mean that you have to make pips to add size.

The only real danger is losing pips past your stop loss as each "big pip" is worth 8 "small pips".
But, as I said before, you are not simply going to let price fall all the way back to your stop loss without reducing
size to preserve space.

As for the rest...

MightyOne wrote:More risk is more risk & more profit is more profit!

thepark

Postby thepark » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:41 pm

MightyOne wrote:
thepark wrote:Hi MO

a) For the purpose of adding size your total risk-box is in play, but this does not mean that you simply set a stop and let price fall 40 pips.
The main idea of Space is surviving long enough to take down big %gains.
After a loss you reduce size and add pips to your risk-box so that you can survive without digging in your pockets for more change.
If your risk-box starts to fill up with pips then you increase size and take pips out of the box to NORMALIZE RISK and achieve the objective more
quickly.

b) When you make it to +21.153% then the risk-box is still 41 pips. The size of the risk-box changes based on what the $min should be vs what the $min is;
if the "unreal" dollar size is $3.67/pip then you might only have the ability to place a trade for $3 or $4/pip. If $4 then your risk-box is (3.67 / 4)41 or 37.6 pips. If $3.60 then 41.8 space & if $3.70 then 40.6 space.

c) No matter how many times you double your position size risk is the same because it is normalized each time by cutting the space in half.
$1 over 100 = $100
$2 over 50 = $100
$4 over 25 = $100
$8 over 12.5 = $100
But you should be making pips so it will not fall to a single pip of space #-o
This does not mean that you have to make pips to add size.

The only real danger is losing pips past your stop loss as each "big pip" is worth 8 "small pips".
But, as I said before, you are not simply going to let price fall all the way back to your stop loss without reducing
size to preserve space.

As for the rest...

MightyOne wrote:More risk is more risk & more profit is more profit!

Thanks MO. Sorry I have a lot of questions.

a) I see, so the the risk box is a function of the pips and size. Reduce size when you lose, so you can keep using that same box until you hit a big win.
b) Why is 21.15% significant? And when you hit that waypoint, how much should you increase your new $min (dollar/pip value), is there a preferred progression? If your box is still only 40 pips and you increase your dollar per pip value significantly, wouldn't the 41 pip box be reduced to nothing?
c) So everytime you double, your stop loss is reduced to half and never let price fall all the way back to your stop loss. Would you shed lots here, move your average price and stop loss back?
d) I want to get an idea of how aggressive you are in your sizing...I see you talking about adding 0s in one year..but the idea seems so farfetched to me. For example I shorted GBPJPY this week for 6%.
70000 units at 159.732
added 30000 at 159.279
exited both at 157.35

btw I bought that Advanced Commodity Trading Techniques Ken Roberts Course. Went through the first VHS, I can only hear the sound theres no actual video hahah.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:17 pm

thepark wrote:Thanks MO. Sorry I have a lot of questions.

a) I see, so the the risk box is a function of the pips and size. Reduce size when you lose, so you can keep using that same box until you hit a big win.
b) Why is 21.15% significant? And when you hit that waypoint, how much should you increase your new $min (dollar/pip value), is there a preferred progression? If your box is still only 40 pips and you increase your dollar per pip value significantly, wouldn't the 41 pip box be reduced to nothing?
c) So everytime you double, your stop loss is reduced to half and never let price fall all the way back to your stop loss. Would you shed lots here, move your average price and stop loss back?
d) I want to get an idea of how aggressive you are in your sizing...I see you talking about adding 0s in one year..but the idea seems so farfetched to me. For example I shorted GBPJPY this week for 6%.
70000 units at 159.732
added 30000 at 159.279
exited both at 157.35

btw I bought that Advanced Commodity Trading Techniques Ken Roberts Course. Went through the first VHS, I can only hear the sound theres no actual video hahah.

a) Yes.
b1) If you target 21.153% twelve times then you will have your zero. If you can reach 1 target then you can reach 12.
Don't focus on increasing your account to the astronomical number, focus on the path to the result.
b2)I use the numbers that I posted above. So with $1000 your $min would be $.367/pip and your $max would be $2.937/pip.
Once you reach an account size of $1,211.53 then your $min is $.444, your $max is $3.559, & your risk-box is still 41 pips...
(.444 * 41) / 1211.53 = 1.502% risk. I focus on the waypoint, as if it were the actual account size, and use it as a springboard
to target the next.
c) Do not focus on losing half of your space! Think of it as a pseudo trailing stop. Price starts moving in the direction of profit
and you like the look of your midpoint as a new stop location so you double your size; that is all that there is to it, no stress.
d) There are 12 steps and 12 months and the numbers are geared to reach a waypoint in 5.3 days; giving you 4x more time to
reach each goal.

ACTT: The Ted Warren seminar is what inspired me to think of technical analysis in new ways. I remember looking at his charts
and thinking that his lines were oddly drawn & that if he could be artistic then why can't I? :lol:
I threw the Ken Roberts portion in the trash. I love the man, he inspired me to have confidence in myself & I did use his methods
to average 400%/yr for the first four years, but Ted Warren is so much better.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”