The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Trying to make sense of it all

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:18 am

Hey everyone,

If you don't mind I'll join in on the convo here? I have missed a lot due to loving trappings of my 6 month old son and my 4 year old daughter who have just demanded all of my time...

So please excuse me if a lot of what has evolved on here the past 6 months is lost on me...

I meditated on your image above and more so your statement that traders are not thinking about what they are doing... Chart Blindness"

So above I circled a your new chart pattern as well as whee I could see those patterns failed...

I then noticed the inverse of this new LDev pattern is a FatCat and the FatCat seems to me still the ultimate reversal pattern...

And if the FatCat gets broken or reversal stopped then it becomes a Zline...

In terms of future PA on this pair, I see the possibility of a Larger LDev or the Reversal FatCat... although this could also meet a LDev Pattern before and "upset" the uptrend...

Here I overlay the only thing that makes sense to me in this trading life ;)
:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:38 am

Hey Jal, its good to see you posting again and congrats on the kids.

MO starts talking about double failures on pg 170 if you hadn't read it yet. I love looking for them on the higher tmf, DWM.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:54 am

As soon as Jala posted those pics I remembered this post.

Plans can and do break but it is not necessarily a bad thing; instead of that 2nd failure you get a close [higher] & now you have a body in the direction of profit & your new plan is to trade in the direction of profit:
Having traded monthly/quarterly/yearly extremes, I recommend that your largest period does not exceed 2 weeks :lol:

The thread is called 'the Ideas that trade by' and not 'the rules that I live by' because profit is found in a thinking mind.

If you come to this thread with pen and paper in hand then you will fail to find the beauty that exists within yourself.

for_jala.png
for_jala.png (17.23 KiB) Viewed 3414 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:02 am

Haha. Exactly why these are "ideas you trade by" and not a mechanical system.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:09 am

Forget everything that I have said.

I know that you cannot forget, but shove it to the back of your mind and just look at the chart.

What is your brain telling you?

EURJPYecnMonthly.png
EURJPYecnMonthly.png (21.8 KiB) Viewed 3414 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 am

v8power wrote:Haha. Exactly why these are "ideas you trade by" and not a mechanical system.

When you are trading larger patterns from small charts you can easily switch directions.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:15 am

If i just look at it from a blank mind i would say price is headed down.

Also i see your reverse buzzard pattern or shrinkage marked with the 3,2,1. Also i see a double failure. But thats not what you asked.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:24 am

v8power wrote:If i just look at it from a blank mind i would say price is headed down.

Also i see your reverse buzzard pattern or shrinkage marked with the 3,2,1. Also i see a double failure. But thats not what you asked.

You would not believe how many times, after saying "price cannot rise on wicks neither can it fall without closing lower", that people say something like
"this candle closed higher than something but then price went into a down trend".

All that I can tell them is "please read what I just wrote, it is the truth, if there is conflict then it is coming from your own mind".

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:36 am

After you first talked about price cancelling out profits, it made me start to visualize how price was actually moving inside a candle.

After a burst of momo, yea u might have candles closing in the opposite direction, but it's just canceling out profit. Sometimes looking at price that is contained in a bar, with open, close, high and low marked blurs its actually movement. Thats just how i feel tho.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:08 am

v8power wrote:After you first talked about price cancelling out profits, it made me start to visualize how price was actually moving inside a candle.

After a burst of momo, yea u might have candles closing in the opposite direction, but it's just canceling out profit. Sometimes looking at price that is contained in a bar, with open, close, high and low marked blurs its actually movement. Thats just how i feel tho.

GBPUSDecnH1.png
GBPUSDecnH1.png (24.44 KiB) Viewed 3392 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”