The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Goonslinger

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Goonslinger » Sat May 30, 2015 8:05 am

MightyOne wrote:
Do not focus on the result of a trade, focus on the ideas that guide your trading.

As a card counter knows that short term results will not deter success so should you also know the reason for your success:

I know that long term charts will make large moves with or without me & that these moves are measured from one extreme to the other.

I know that price can neither rise on wicks nor can it fall without closing lower.

I know that trading is placing and trailing stops.

I know that I trade small charts for low risk accumulation and not for pips.

I know that if I am in the market with SIZE when a large move is made that I will make huge amounts of money; it's simple math.

The money is in everything I know to be true...

triangles and other patterns make pips, but it is not about pips it is about being in the market with SIZE.

Once you realize that the name of the game is not 'Pips' you will naturally gravitate towards the direction of profit.

Would being a leaf help in this regard?

I start with my idea of trading from extreme to extreme from a higher timeframe AND THEN drill down to lower time frames to see whether my idea has the potential to bear fruit. Should the wind blow in the direction of profit, being the good little leaf that I am, I allow myself to be carried towards +$$%.

I got stopped out on EU yesterday. Incredibly frustrating seeing as after the fact I realised I had been ignoring what you had been saying despite deluding myself into thinking I was following your principles.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sat May 30, 2015 11:35 pm

volnmar wrote:I still don't understand how to accumulate size on smaller timeframe. I use same size (0.5lot) for every new trade on only one timeframe (5 min). After entry I watch if movement is still strong and should continue (closing over something, last 3 bars, 2failures) after some bad close, I exit position.

After I double account I should trade with (1 lot)

With this I am trading only for pips :( I would like to understand how to accumulate.

I understand that if trade goes long time in direction of profit and price (over bar must not close) is moving with direction of profit (new swing) I should not move SL with hand but add new position and it must always be risk of 1% (normalize).

Thats all what I think I know, something is missing to me and it would be great if someone can help me please.

1st
There is no way you read the entire thread but still do not understand space/accumulation.
2nd.
If you dont have the time let me simplify it for ya.

1. Take a trade on your m5 chart with .5 lot.
2. When price moves against you 10 pips add 3x lot size. (1.5 lot)
3. When price moves against you 10-20 pips add 10x or more lot size. (5 lot)
4. Pucker up your xxxxxxx and when price spikes against you another 15-20 pip close everything.
5. Review your total loss as compared to if you'd taken a loss with ONLY .5 lot size.

Bingo. Space in "reverse".
Last edited by prochargedmopar on Sun May 31, 2015 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 31, 2015 3:36 am

volnmar wrote:I still don't understand how to accumulate size on smaller timeframe. I use same size (0.5lot) for every new trade on only one timeframe (5 min). After entry I watch if movement is still strong and should continue (closing over something, last 3 bars, 2failures) after some bad close, I exit position.

With this I am trading only for pips :( I would like to understand how to accumulate.

I understand that if trade goes long time in direction of profit and price (over bar must not close) is moving with direction of profit (new swing) I should not move SL with hand but add new position and it must always be risk of 1% (normalize).

Thats all what I think I know, something is missing to me and it would be great if someone can help me please.

Accumulation...do you remember what button you pushed to enter your first order? well push that button again :lol:

If I have 2 units and I add 1 unit then my space is reduced by 1/3 as (2/3) * x will be my remaining space; because I had 2 lots and I increased my total size to 3.
If I have 6 units and I add 2 lots then what is the size of my space? (6/8) * currentSpace, my stop falls to the 75% retracement of my stop loss and current market price.
If I gain 40 pips at $1.20 and move to a chart where each pip is $0.80 then my space is (1.2 / .8 ) * 40 = 60 pips.

Space can also work in reverse:
If you have 6 units and 25 pips and you reduce your size to 5 units then you gain 5 pips of space.

It might not make sense to you at the moment, but the more lots you add the greater your odds of succeeding; not just in reaching a %goal, but in overall safety as now you can reduce your size and multiply (inflate) your remaining space such that it never runs out.

Example: you start with 2 units and have increased your size to 18 units when something terrible happens and you lose all but 5 pips!
You can't do anything with 5 pips so you decide to revert back to 2 units. (18 / 2) * 5 = 45 pips @ 2 units. You draw your space from the
extreme but you end up entering at 30 pips from the extreme so you bank 15 pips (if this trade blows up you'll use those 15 pips!).
Now you look for a lower stop level and add enough size such that you will normalize your risk at a pointy place...2/3, +1 unit, moves your stop down to the 66% ret <--- where your risk is 'normalized'.

One of two things will happen:
1) you blow up your space and lose <1%
2) you increase your size and manufacture endless amounts of space, by reverting to smaller sizes, if things don't go as planned.

Once you understand the power of 'Space' fear goes right out the window; if you don't lose your space right away then it is likely
not going to be lost, you'll keep pounding away until the chart gives you the money.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 31, 2015 7:43 am

I have recently come across the original game of Pai Gow, which is played with tiles, and it is far more interesting than 'Pai Gow Poker'; not to mention a lower house edge, as low as 0.2% when banking.

You get 4 tiles & there are only 3 possible combinations of which you have to find the optimal play. Like Baccarat, the tens place is never used so when you combine two tiles to a total of 13 it is actually only 3 pts :shock: ... and there are other interesting twists.

I think that you should check it out

You can't trade every day, right? :wink:

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am

prochargedmopar wrote:

1st
There is no way you read the entire thread but still do not understand space/accumulation.
2nd.
If you dont have the time let me simplify it for ya.

1. Take a trade on your m5 chart with .5 lot.
2. When price moves against you 10 pips add 3x lot size. (1.5 lot)
3. When price moves against you 10-20 pips add 10x or more lot size. (5 lot)
4. Pucker up your xxxxxxx and when price spikes against you another 15-20 pip close everything.
5. Review your total loss as compared to if you'd taken a loss with ONLY .5 lot size.

Bingo. Space in "reverse".

Pro,
This post of yours is sublimely epic :idea:

"How to destroy yourself, in spite of yourself, (and then review what you have just accomplished)."

It goes right up there with,

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a sound."

8) =D>

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun May 31, 2015 10:50 am

MightyOne wrote:I have recently come across the original game of Pai Gow, which is played with tiles, and it is far more interesting than 'Pai Gow Poker'; not to mention a lower house edge, as low as 0.2% when banking.

You get 4 tiles & there are only 3 possible combinations of which you have to find the optimal play. Like Baccarat, the tens place is never used so when you combine two tiles to a total of 13 it is actually only 3 pts :shock: ... and there are other interesting twists.

MightyOne,
My first stop for diversions after I find trading success (aside from mastering my foreign languages), will be Frozen Synapse :lol:

**Krane catches Tyger** !>I'm here to chew bubble gum and make major pips...and I'm all out of bubble gum.<!

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 31, 2015 3:21 pm

TygerKrane wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I have recently come across the original game of Pai Gow, which is played with tiles, and it is far more interesting than 'Pai Gow Poker'; not to mention a lower house edge, as low as 0.2% when banking.

MightyOne,
My first stop for diversions after I find trading success (aside from mastering my foreign languages), will be Frozen Synapse :lol:

Frozen Synapse is a sexy strategy game =D> but I personally prefer:

Arimaa

Penny Soccer

Crokinole

Cribbage

*the moment when you realize that you have too many 'favorite' games* :shock: :|

TygerKrane

Postby TygerKrane » Sun May 31, 2015 5:05 pm

Sloooowww down there, Space Cowboy...

I'm still waiting for the moment when I realize I have too many zeroes in my account :lol: =D> [-o< =P~

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun May 31, 2015 5:30 pm

TygerKrane wrote:Sloooowww down there, Space Cowboy...

I'm still waiting for the moment when I realize I have too many zeroes in my account :lol: =D> [-o< =P~

Adding zeros is a game of no skill.

Through 'space' you shoot down little wooden ducks (%goals, mini-targets) until you win the big prize (the '0')

58.5%: 5 ducks
39.0%: 7 ducks
26.0%:10 ducks

The fewer the ducks the more likely it is that you will win multiple large prizes; and who doesn't like two zeros!

I've seen you guys shoot down a duck, you just have to reload (reset your space) and take another shot until you get them all.

After you have hit one target the 2nd is a given...and so is the zero.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Sun May 31, 2015 7:14 pm

MightyOne wrote:
TygerKrane wrote:Sloooowww down there, Space Cowboy...

58.5%: 5 ducks
39.0%: 7 ducks
26.0%:10 ducks

I've seen you guys shoot down a duck, you just have to reload (reset your space) and take another shot until you get them all.

After you have hit one target the 2nd is a given...and so is the zero.

Here in Lies the roadblock for those who frequent this thread.
Getting a win or 3 is easy.
Considering the OPM to be none of ours until the %goal is reached.........

How many here have actually done that?

And THAT is the key to our fear of loss being abolished.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

Return to “TheRumpledOne”