The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Captain Pugwash

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby Captain Pugwash » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:22 am

No Jal - that's not what I meant - thanks anyway mate

mine feels more...spidery? and spaced out? (probably those mind altering drugs) :D

zooming don't help either

yep - i agree with your markup - failure after failure etc etc -
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

rahimseven

Postby rahimseven » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:19 pm

MightyOne wrote:I am mostly interested in 'double failures':

Lower high (failure 1), breakout of lower high but does not close higher (failure 2)

price is in a down-trend, there is a higher high that fails to close higher (1), there is a breakout of that higher high but price fails to close higher (2).

Two is a trend :wink:

If you are simply trying to get in on a good thing then you can use any long term breakout as your stop:

Picture1.png
Picture1.png (197.07 KiB) Viewed 4238 times

Am I understanding correctly that you spot reversals as such?

rahimseven

Postby rahimseven » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:38 pm

For examples and understanding.

Am I clear on this?

Do you exit and plan entries around this?

Thanks
Attachments
USDTHBDaily.png
USDTHBDaily.png (48.55 KiB) Viewed 4232 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:27 pm

rahimseven wrote:
MightyOne wrote:I am mostly interested in 'double failures':

Lower high (failure 1), breakout of lower high but does not close higher (failure 2)

price is in a down-trend, there is a higher high that fails to close higher (1), there is a breakout of that higher high but price fails to close higher (2).

Two is a trend :wink:

If you are simply trying to get in on a good thing then you can use any long term breakout as your stop:

usdcaddaily.png

Am I understanding correctly that you spot reversals as such?

Yes, but I will trade in anticipation of a second failure on a small chart.

When the candle finally does close lower I call it 'conformity'; 'confirmation' is waiting for something to happen, 'conformity' is doing something first and expecting things to follow suit.

Don't get carried away though, if there is a LH breakout and there is no short term signal to go short or the daily candle is getting a bit long then there is no expectation of failure.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:29 pm

rahimseven wrote:For examples and understanding.

Am I clear on this?

Do you exit and plan entries around this?

Thanks

If price closes above the extreme of the higher low then it is a double failure.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Captain Pugwash wrote:No Jal - that's not what I meant - thanks anyway mate

mine feels more...spidery? and spaced out? (probably those mind altering drugs) :D

zooming don't help either

yep - i agree with your markup - failure after failure etc etc -

I use 2 candles + the active candle when looking at large charts; if I need more information then I will look for it but I try to focus on 'recent' information.

There is always more to be explored though :shock:

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks MO ( although I think we talk at cross purposes this time) :)

I suddenly got your reasoning on that chart - It sort of fitted my brain (I hope) :shock:

I am including a long I have on GU and what I would have done if I understood a day earlier - also how i might use some of this information going forward.

In your loonie example - it strikes me I could put in a pending on the line even if I'm at work (space being above the high)- or should I really be looking at my own PA box of tricks to hone an entry- THANKS - even tho your not here :D

2015-04-16_1706.png
2015-04-16_1706.png (100.91 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Sorry MO, in retrospect the above chart is confusing (although how I imagine I will use the info to show price entering a supply (Demand) area)

I hope the below chart is more what I should be expecting to see happen - imagining a break up i mean (made up by me)

2015-04-17_1316.png
2015-04-17_1316.png (72.72 KiB) Viewed 4158 times

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:49 am

Captain Pugwash wrote:Sorry MO, in retrospect the above chart is confusing (although how I imagine I will use the info to show price entering a supply (Demand) area)

I hope the below chart is more what I should be expecting to see happen - imagining a break up i mean (made up by me)

2015-04-17_1316.png

Trading is placing stops, accumulating lots, & normalizing risk; forget about pips and just focus on those three things.

Liquidate when you hit your %gain...anywhere from 39 to 58.5% is a good target to reset your space (+0 in 5-7 ideas).

Capture space every 3 steps: enter 2, +2, +2, exit or 2, +1, +3, exit.

Sidestep any 'obvious' retrace.

Again, pips have nothing to do with you; they do their own thing :lol:

Your job is simply to make sure that you get paid when price decides to make a large move.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:35 am

MightyOne wrote:
Yes, but I will trade in anticipation of a second failure on a small chart.

When the candle finally does close lower I call it 'conformity'; 'confirmation' is waiting for something to happen, 'conformity' is doing something first and expecting things to follow suit.

Don't get carried away though, if there is a LH breakout and there is no short term signal to go short or the daily candle is getting a bit long then there is no expectation of failure.

If I understand right - can i assume that if we did NOT see "conformity" - i.e we got a close back up in the zone ( in your example) - I should be thinking of liquidating a position at the best price? - Having a plan for when things do not go as planned sort of thing?

Also any gained space is not necessarily used on the same pair - nice if it happens but not essential? just take your lot size and use it on the next double failure?

Maybe one proviso - I may decide to ignore only if i believe I hold a yearly extreme

Thanks for not being here btw :D

Return to “TheRumpledOne”