The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

seedling

Re: The ideas that I trade by:

Postby seedling » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:12 pm

cheunt

0.5% per 10 pips

$1000 account, if price goes against 10 pips from entry then take small loss (if that is where the IF/THEN line is).
i.e risk := 1000(account size) * 0.005 = 0.5%(of account), per ten pips means lose $5 over ten pips at 50c pp 8)

A small loss is as satisfying as a huge win (MightyOne)

Your interpretation is standard R:R, MightyOne is a space warrior.
"Intention transforms while attention creates." Deepak Chopra

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

volnmar

Postby volnmar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Guys please I do not understand how MO add lots to his positions without moving stoploss with hand...I know I will have to read it more times but anyway can somebody please show me on my chart if is it possible to use it with this entry method?

Just learning

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:17 pm

Volmner you seem to be looking for a system. That's not what MO offered here at kreslik. He merely offered ideas for traders to take and to teach themselves how to trade. there is no set in stone rule how to enter trades, add lots or take profit. Asking these kind of questions is going to get you know where. It is why I originally told you to read all those threads. If you had you would have the knowledge to know what to do. There is a reason why you keep asking these questions and know one is answering or their telling you to read more. Everyone here is more then willing to help but only if you put in effort yourself first and you have clearly shown you haven't put in any effort, because your questions are stuff you should know if you read just a little bit. I wish you luck and maybe someone else will deicde to hand you everything, but I highly doubt it.

volnmar

Postby volnmar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:26 pm

ok i must find my own way
Just learning

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:13 pm

v8power wrote:Volmner you seem to be looking for a system. That's not what MO offered here at kreslik. He merely offered ideas for traders to take and to teach themselves how to trade. there is no set in stone rule how to enter trades, add lots or take profit. Asking these kind of questions is going to get you know where. It is why I originally told you to read all those threads. If you had you would have the knowledge to know what to do. There is a reason why you keep asking these questions and know one is answering or their telling you to read more. Everyone here is more then willing to help but only if you put in effort yourself first and you have clearly shown you haven't put in any effort, because your questions are stuff you should know if you read just a little bit. I wish you luck and maybe someone else will deicde to hand you everything, but I highly doubt it.

Dead right shipmate

Dojirock has a great little bit on his signature that says something like "Sometimes you've got to Stop Learning and Start Thinking"

However, before you can stop learning - you've got to carry on learning - Ironic isn't it?

May I recommend 1000 markups - yes really! - I do not jest

All the tools are here - its up to you to use the ones that fit YOUR hand/brain the best and make them your own
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

seedling

Postby seedling » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm

I don't understand what you are asking.

If you add lots you must normalize risk or you are screwed if the trade goes against you.

Building a position is all it is.

Depending if you are doing a short term stack like doji or something more long term like mo talks of is where you need to find the levels of the If/Then lines.

Again, if you stack you normalize risk. So set your order and then move your sl in accordance with your risk %.

Simplified, with market orders to be clear. Enter trade, risk 1.0%, goes in favour 3%, move sl to b/e, reason to enter 2nd trade 1% risk (first trade b/e so risk should still only be 1.0% of account), 3rd stack reason to enter, 1.0% sl of new account size as the first trade moved to +ve (say 1.5%), 2nd trade @ b/e, so can now risk a little more (i.e 1.5% that you just gained) etc etc. Vague template but work with it and it is just simple arithmetic.

Though if stacking do consider the swissy debacle and such things, ya don't wanna be walking the plank do ya? :lol:

Peace

volnmar

Postby volnmar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:06 pm

seedling wrote:I don't understand what you are asking.

If you add lots you must normalize risk or you are screwed if the trade goes against you.

Building a position is all it is.

Depending if you are doing a short term stack like doji or something more long term like mo talks of is where you need to find the levels of the If/Then lines.

Again, if you stack you normalize risk. So set your order and then move your sl in accordance with your risk %.

Simplified, with market orders to be clear. Enter trade, risk 1.0%, goes in favour 3%, move sl to b/e, reason to enter 2nd trade 1% risk (first trade b/e so risk should still only be 1.0% of account), 3rd stack reason to enter, 1.0% sl of new account size as the first trade moved to +ve (say 1.5%), 2nd trade @ b/e, so can now risk a little more (i.e 1.5% that you just gained) etc etc. Vague template but work with it and it is just simple arithmetic.

Though if stacking do consider the swissy debacle and such things, ya don't wanna be walking the plank do ya? :lol:

Peace

Thank you for fast and easy to understand explanation.

I understand, after some percentage gain move SL of first trade to BE and open new position again with 1% SL and so on....

TP for all positions could be for example: after third position reach it´s percentage gain close all or opposite signal appears -then close all trades by hand.

I was confused I thought if I add for example third positions I should find average entry price and from that line still risk only 1% of account. It will cause to have 3 times bigger position so SL must now be much smaller (in pips) ... more positions I add, more SL will be close to average price.

Question is if I am able to manage those positions on m5 timeframe :)

Thanks again

Yeah if SL won´t be filled everything could be lost, but there is no need to be greedy and on m5 i thing i would be able to add about 1-3 times not more (just fast guess)
Just learning

seedling

Postby seedling » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:25 pm

That was just a basic template, if your broker is fifo(first trade entered must be closed first) type then stacking is a bit more risky.
You can do all sorts like fractional lots but again it is just division and such arithmetic, position management. If there is reason could add when up 1% add again at 2% then close all when og position hits 3% if there is a reason, i.e it is the plan.
Havaplanantradeit!

8)

volnmar

Postby volnmar » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 am

I can hedge so there is no problem to open 3 positions where each has it´s own SL.....

I was thinking about this: see in chart

at bottom: support (minimum 3 dots in row) broken ----wait for green candle appear ---- wait for break top of this candle----- place limit entry long on retrace 50% of that green candle-----SL under level 100fibo(bototm of candle) sometimes maybe under new dots(support) if are close........ TP for all will be level -300

Add position on level -100 and -200 were risk same amount/distance like first trade has.... from 50 to 100 level fibo

If I get to -100 level its in profit 3times bigger than risk.... move SL to BE........open new position with risk 1(same as first position.... but now if price reverse and close second position on SL: first is now only 2 times in profit second is -1 lose but still if I close them both it will be +1 in profit..... done and wait for new signal

Or is better to to only close second on SL and let first trade run and see if it gets to bigger profit?
Just learning

PeterBerregi

Postby PeterBerregi » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:25 am

I thought I had my head around MOs increasing lot size, but then thinking it through I have become a little confused.

In a "space" trade, MO talks about doubling size on the second trade and then increasing by 50% on the third trade to scalp a few pips and then flatten all 3 trades and reposition to go again.

My question is, is he referring to doubling lots size of trade #2, and the 50% again of trade #3 OR is he referring to the doubling and 50% increase of the net position.

To clarify, the first scenario of increasing lot size translates to:

Trade #1 = 1 lot. Net lots = 1
Trade #2 = 2 lots. Net lots = 1+2 = 3. We have doubled the trade lot size.
Trade #3 = 3 lots. Net lots = 1+2+3 = 6. We have increased the trade lot size by 50%.

This is how I originally interpreted his technique, however I now think I may have got this wrong and he is actually referring to net lots for the 3 trades. So this means:

Trade #1 = 1 lot. Net lots = 1
Trade #2 = 1 more lot. Net lots = 2. We have doubled our net position.
Trade #3 = 1 final lot. Net lots = 3. We have increased our net position by 50%.

Now you can see why I got myself so confused as doubling the second trade and then increasing by 50% on the third can apply to either the scenario.

Anyone able to help me out here? Is it the former or the latter scenario?

TIA

PB

PS the latter scenario also means that when you halve space on the second trade, risk remains (or slightly better) as when placing the first trade. If anyone is interested I can explain this further as I have spent some time crunching the numbers.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”