The ideas that I trade by:

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:32 am

Glad your here! Hope you stay!

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:52 am

dojirock wrote:Glad your here! Hope you stay!

doji

You know how it is doji :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:28 pm

POP QUIZ:

Do you understand what you have been taught or am I wasting my time? :D

1) Do you understand that triangles ARE channels & that channels ARE triangles?

2) Do you understand how an understanding of the Pitchfork's median line can help you find your channel/triangle lines?

3) Do you understand that both triangles and cones exist on the same chart because a triangle is just the relevant (to you) bits of a channel?

4) Do you understand that cones move in an up & down hand sliding motion; as if you were rubbing your hands together.

5) Do you understand that there are 3 speeds, represented by angles, and that they are horizontal, channel, and breakout (trend line)?

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:45 pm

I must bail on the quiz....I would fail horribly...

Your not wasting your time..I just dont get it...and have been doing so well with a horizontal line...I just cant get myself to see other stuff at this time....

im sure your helping jal and others tremendously...

thanks mo!!!!

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:54 pm

dojirock wrote:I must bail on the quiz....I would fail horribly...

Your not wasting your time..I just dont get it...and have been doing so well with a horizontal line...I just cant get myself to see other stuff at this time....

im sure your helping jal and others tremendously...

thanks mo!!!!

doji

I use horizontal lines to trade :lol:

Technical analysis simply describes the price action so that I can make more informed decisions...
...but at the end of they day I am just trading off an extreme in the direction of profit.

Braathen

POPQUIZ

Postby Braathen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:30 pm

My attempt at your quiz.

1. Yes i do. There are 'triangles everywhere' because there are channels 'everywhere'; a triangle is a channel -MO

2. Yes i think i do :D After line 2 is made the top line of the channel is pretty easy to guess even before it spike back up.. bottom line comes by adjusting to medien and top and fits in nicly to the left.
When price spiked back over line 2 it made a nice median line for line 1 to hook up with and form a channel with the bottom line adjusted to the medien and top.

3. Yes. Because cones are part of the triangles/channels. So they are both there.

4. Like line 1 and 2 are hands rubbing against each other.
Line 1 would be the hand going up and line 2 would the hand going down.

5. Yes. Horizontal by price going sideways. Channel price moves at a soft angle. Break out (trendline) is a steep angle.

Other then that i am trading 2day+ extremes and wickdoll extremes and been looking at trying to do the BOx's too(before i was doing weeklys and dailys). My trades are generally 6-12 hours long and i nearlly always
get my 100% in and i try as much as i can to get another 50%.
Thanks alot for all your help through the years and i hope u continue to share
on this site. I may not (defently not) have been ur finest student but
i have reached goals that others in my life said i would never accomplish.
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 pm

My EU trade from today could have bagged me more from using the cone/triangle/channel knowledge.

First box from left i enter min. lot size.
Second box i enter 100% when it came back to my original entry.
Third box i enter 50% on the pivot BO
And exit in cash zone.

If i had exited with original entry at bottom channel
i could have trailed my position a bit and gotten 100% entry
and then the 50%.
"Trading is the ability to see & to plan & to act; it is not crystal balls, precision entries, and ego stroking."
MO-

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Good stuff Braathen,

the only comment I have is that you would want to at least double your position prior to liquidation and re-entry.

When you re-position for re-entry you want to place the 100% on an HTx, BOx, or WDx.

But then again it is not about what you should do so much as what you feel that you can do ;)
What I say is just a basic template for profitability.

Braathen

Postby Braathen » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:06 am

Thanks for the feed back MO!
"When you re-position for re-entry you want to place the 100% on an HTx, BOx, or WDx." I like this :D

BUT!? how did i do on your Cone/Triangle popquiz? :D
or maybe your waiting for others to join in?

Have a great weekend! I know i am.. got hammered last night
drinking cheapish morgan and coke.. im so bad :(
MO-

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:38 pm

MightyOne wrote:POP QUIZ:

Do you understand what you have been taught or am I wasting my time? :D

1) Do you understand that triangles ARE channels & that channels ARE triangles?

2) Do you understand how an understanding of the Pitchfork's median line can help you find your channel/triangle lines?

3) Do you understand that both triangles and cones exist on the same chart because a triangle is just the relevant (to you) bits of a channel?

4) Do you understand that cones move in an up & down hand sliding motion; as if you were rubbing your hands together.

5) Do you understand that there are 3 speeds, represented by angles, and that they are horizontal, channel, and breakout (trend line)?

Hey MO,

Thank for wanting to test our knowledge, I find what you do here as invaluable insight and thank you for always sharing with us. You are not wasting your time, we will get there eventually ;)

1)Now that you mention it.... Yes makes perfect sense... (question) your angles seem a little steep... is it because you are not zoomed out?

2)Yes Pitch forks are very powerful confirmation, however I need to give some more thought to seeing them without drawing them.... (thanks for the reminder)

3)Yes got that for sure... :)

4)Yes, and their velocity or distance varies and is not always congruent to the previous move (range) and therefore requires some imagination / guess work / diamond eyes to try and see its path... (horizontals also offer valuable info at these levels but can be grossly misleading also - damn my crystal ball and all its flaws)

5)I get it... You did a wonderful markup where you showed this a being a product of 3 different angle sizes a while back... (something about price climbing up the ladder on the upside or something to that regard)... haven't spent enough time on it, and maybe this is something we could delve into a little deeper again...? If you see the value and if others are game...

On a side note, sorry this post is of poor reply and quality, I just haven't had the time to go deeply into the subject matter as I have been so busy planning festivals this side and I'm going to be busy for pretty much the rest of the week and into next week,and then I go on holiday for a week, so I'm gonna take some time off... but know that I will be back in full determination ready to tackle anything you or anyone else wanna throw at me.

Thank you all for tolerating me this year... its been nice getting to interact with you all :)

Peace Jalarupa
:smt065

Return to “TheRumpledOne”