The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Mira

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Mira » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 am

Basically the key is Momentum.

On this board we all spent a lot of time defining what is momentum: a X2 bar, a close over the previous extreme, three long bars etc.

But not all the X2 bars or closes over are Momentum.

Well.. what is Momentum for you?
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LeMercenaire

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Mira wrote:Basically the key is Momentum.

On this board we all spent a lot of time defining what is momentum: a X2 bar, a close over the previous extreme, three long bars etc.

Something big that way went :P

Is it possible momentum can be subjective, or is there a set formula or number of conditions that have to be met and if so, then that's legit?

I'm not being facetious here, I am genuinely curious. I know that I kinda' know it when I see it but not so sure I can put it down on paper.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:47 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:

''Something big that way went.'' :P

Is it possible momentum can be subjective, or is there a set formula or number of conditions that have to be met and if so, then that's legit?

I'm not being facetious here, I am genuinely curious. I know that I kinda' know it when I see it but not so sure I can put it down on paper.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:44 am

LeMercenaire wrote:

Something big that way went :P

Only for you good buddy, Only for you.

'Wise men say only fools rush in'. A wise man once told me, 'Momo shows activity'.

Someone is buying or selling, does their buying or selling make them right? All about context.

Occurrence of momo with an associated zline is a like eating a stack (reflect) of chocolate chip cookies and remembering to drink milk. Dare not you forget! A necessary evil by the doers, which encourages psychological easy. A most cynical and ruthless practice, for sure.

Momo best appears when chaos is most prevalent (Reflect).

Text book definition you ask? a bar X2 bar in size Closes. Whoever bought at or around the open of this bar is skipping with joy savoring the flavor of delicious CC cookies without a worry in the world. Why you ask? CC cookies were on sale, who doesn't like a sale? But when you stuff your face with mouthwatering chewy Chocolate chip cookies , and forget to wash down with a tall glass of milk you get Zlined. Oh, well you say atleast I enjoyed 4 boxes of expired cookies that were on sale and move on to the next sale. The price will eventually turn in the favor of the greedy cookie eaters. Mo - 'Wicks show the way'.

Btw Sincerely friends, it takes Momo to break Momo (reflect) -Leo.

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Mr. Hyde wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
Mr. Hyde wrote:You cant tell me that the crash zone isn't the greatest thing since slice bread. Look how it lines up with the target of the triangle setup. Freakin perfect. That's the kind of confluence that's builds your account. 1st entry was simple support turned resistance, next was a 4hr momo play, 3rd was break of triangle, 4th was support turned resistance. Over a 1,000 pips. Easily could have doubled or tripled your account in a week or 2. Keep it simple guys and wait for the easy setups.

gbpjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png1.png

Want to post a link to the crash zone you are using?

II_CrashZone_mod.mq4
II_CrashZone.mq4

Mr. Hyde, Can you please a talk a little more about how you use the crash zones? Do you normally go from extreme to extreme? So if on cash zone2, then trade to cash zone1 and vis-versa. Or do you just look for Pa around these zones exit if you see something? What are the lines based on?

Would you know if this is similar to the 2015 Tro MP crash zones? post78340#p78340

Ill do some research of my mine, but would like to hear your thoughts.

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:25 am

I think this is an interesting topic to discuss, and that was an entertaining perspective from Leoheart.

Usually something triggers momentum. It could be simply the price action, but the most violent and long lasting moves are usually triggered by some news event.
Economic data seems to be wholeheartedly ignored on these forums, yet it causes massive price movements on an almost daily basis.

Ever see what happens when the Fed changes rates by half a percent more or less than expected? Same with the BoE, the ECB, the BoJ
and on and on. NFP can cause crazy momentum. CPI, GDP. These are all elephants in the room.

Then there's things like election results. The Brexit vote - you could have traded that one without even looking at a chart.
News may be just another confluence point, but it's quite a heavily weighted one.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am

PhilipLangford wrote:

I think this is an interesting topic to discuss, and that was an entertaining perspective from Leoheart.

Usually something triggers momentum. It could be simply the price action, but the most violent and long lasting moves are usually triggered by some news event.
Economic data seems to be wholeheartedly ignored on these forums, yet it causes massive price movements on an almost daily basis.

Ever see what happens when the Fed changes rates by half a percent more or less than expected? Same with the BoE, the ECB, the BoJ
and on and on. NFP can cause crazy momentum. CPI, GDP. These are all elephants in the room.

Then there's things like election results. The Brexit vote - you could have traded that one without even looking at a chart.
News may be just another confluence point, but it's quite a heavily weighted one.

You are completely correct about news. Don't know why you would draw the conclusion that ''Economic data seems to be wholeheartedly ignored on these forums...'' however. I think you could pretty much guarantee that every serious trader here will take news into account.

I guess none of us specifically trades the events, however and that would be a worthy thread topic in its own right...if you're interested...hint, hint :D

Mira

Postby Mira » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am

LeMercenaire wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:

You are completely correct about news. Don't know why you would draw the conclusion that ''Economic data seems to be wholeheartedly ignored on these forums...'' however. I think you could pretty much guarantee that every serious trader here will take news into account.

I guess none of us specifically trades the events, however and that would be a worthy thread topic in its own right...if you're interested...hint, hint :D

Now the question is obvious: :lol: how do you use news in your trading, Lem?

I heard that professionals use the events to take profits.. but I don’t know what it means LOL.

__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

Leoheart

Postby Leoheart » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 pm

LeMercenaire wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:

Lem, I am definitely in. Should be good times. When you where a "Fund-Monkey" (Guys that's own word not mine :lol: ) What timeframes did you guys trade off of? How long did you guys hold for?

Thinking out loud: When you are off a weekly extreme or even perhaps daily, does one pesky NFP release matter? Even if the a news is unexpected and the candles are already closing higher, there is a higher change of a candle Closing in your direction. In any regards, Anything can truly happen.

LeMercenaire

Postby LeMercenaire » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Mira wrote:
LeMercenaire wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:

Now the question is obvious: :lol: how do you use news in your trading, Lem?

I heard that professionals use the events to take profits.. but I don’t know what it means LOL.

It depends on what desk you're riding. If you're running weekly or monthly charts, then the kind of moves you're talking about barely register - unless it's something like the Brexit result, Presidential assassination, 9/11, etc but even then...

GBPUSDWeeklymovingintar16thMar18.png
GBPUSDWeeklymovingintar16thMar18.png (38.47 KiB) Viewed 2298 times

It's like swimming in tar.

GBPUSDMonthlyTravelBackInTime16thMar18.png
GBPUSDMonthlyTravelBackInTime16thMar18.png (42.83 KiB) Viewed 2298 times

What you will get - and yes, it's taking profits at its heart - is that counter trades will be taken and that cash bagged. The overall position isn't touched.

Privateers will be summoned from exotic, far away harbours and set to work, plundering. The guys who actually enjoy taking trades (as opposed to most fund traders and certainly managers, who enjoy taking lunches and letting the markets get on with things on their own).

They will be given free reign to squeeze as much out of any given move as they can. Nobody questions what they are doing. Nobody would dare. So long as they come home with the doubloons. The competition among them is huge but all driven by the desire to boost the bounty and so long as it doesn't jeopardize the firm, that's fine, it's encouraged. Then, once the job is over, calm returns and they sail away, back to the safe havens, taking their percentages with them.

If the movement simply goes in the direction we have been taking, then they are sent away again, back across the water, till the next time.

Are you excited by that? I know I was. It is the best drug ever known to man. Ever! You know what happened to most pirates though, right? Funds need them but they are scared of them at the same time. The same way Governments used privateers to fight their proxy wars and stuff the Treasury, that's how these guys are viewed. A necessary evil.

Out of any given group, four-fifths won't make it to the end in one piece. That's the life. Not one will regret it, nor have it any other way.

So...what you can learn from that, aside from an insight into my psyche and past life, is that what retail traders do is actually to try and mimic the action of the buccaneer. 99.9% will never trade long time-frame. Hell, 99.9% probably don't even know their mt4 has a weekly chart button, never mind a monthly one and wouldn't know what to do with one if it jumped up and slapped them on the face.

The way we enlightened Kreslik traders take advantage of that, is that we do know of their existence and how they influence the m5, m15, m30, H1, H4 charts at any given time. We build whole methods around them, guided by TRO, MO and the other higher beings. We don't fight the markets, we work with them. We mimic the privateers without the level of risk.

That's how you trade the news. Pick a side. The Fund Manager, or The Privateer. Just don't try and do both. You will die.

How'd you think I learned how to scalp the m1, guys?! :D :smt027

Trade well all - time for lunch.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”