The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby aliassmith » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:45 pm

v8power wrote:Do markets change? Of course they do. Back in 08/09 pairs did move hundreds of pips from one daily extreme to another. But for the most part, that is just because of the financial criss. 4 out of the 5 past days moved less then a hundred on GU. So had you been stupid enough to believe those who preach that price will move hundreds (meaning at least 200 or more) pips in a single day and you sucked at trading cuz you couldn't capture at least ten of those. You learned the hard way like me. Its not htat your bad at trading. But pairs aren't moving the massive amounts they use to. So trying to make 200 pips on a trade in one day aint gonna normally happen. And even tho people love to claim that there trading is simple and you don't need to make it complex, they ignore the fact that their trading "peaked in complexity" and then went to simple. Tell me who the better drive is, the F1 driver who says he drives normal, or the 15 year old just getting his permit and only knows how to keep it simple.

This will be my last post, so good luck to all.

You mean your last post today?
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

PeterBerregi

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby PeterBerregi » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:49 am

aliassmith wrote:You mean your last post today?

Thanks alias. That gave me a good laugh.

v8. If you do check back in, mate it's all good. I don't think anyone was taking offense or questioning what you were writing, more that they were just continuing the philosophical discussion and offering another opinion/approaching it from another angle.

Personally, I love it as it makes me think. Keep it up

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:08 am

v8power wrote:
MightyOne wrote:Let's say that I lay money on the table and I tell you that it could be yours but the moment that you reached for it I smash your hand with a hammer.
The next day I lay money on the table and I make the same suggestion only this time you respond differently to the pattern, isn't it so?

Trading "changes" similarly in that people learn to both recognize and set traps.

Also don't so called experts/traders say (stock market) bull cycles are normally based on a 4-5 year cycle with a 1 year bear cycle at the end. Also what was the change between the dot.com bubble or the housing market crash or the Asian crash of 97-98.

What about the belief that no trader can move the market, yet Soros not only manipulated the market he did it against the Bank of England.

Your scenario that you offered assumed the person could feel pain when punched in the hand. But what about the rare few (black swans) that can't feel pain.

Also very few people "learn to both recognize and set traps". If they did Ponzi schemes wouldn't happen every year. Drug dealers would claim all profits on there taxes, so even if they never get busted for dealing they wouldn'tget locked up for tax fraud. Or people that shoot up herion for the first time and vomit every where and feel like death the next day would never use again.

Humans are stupid and very easily exploited. Hence why most believe trading is mostly physcological.

Soros did not move the market.
Soros can't trade.
He was part of an inside job.
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:23 am

v8power wrote:Do markets change? Of course they do. Back in 08/09 pairs did move hundreds of pips from one daily extreme to another. But for the most part, that is just because of the financial criss. 4 out of the 5 past days moved less then a hundred on GU. So had you been stupid enough to believe those who preach that price will move hundreds (meaning at least 200 or more) pips in a single day and you sucked at trading cuz you couldn't capture at least ten of those. You learned the hard way like me. Its not htat your bad at trading. But pairs aren't moving the massive amounts they use to. So trying to make 200 pips on a trade in one day aint gonna normally happen. And even tho people love to claim that there trading is simple and you don't need to make it complex, they ignore the fact that their trading "peaked in complexity" and then went to simple. Tell me who the better drive is, the F1 driver who says he drives normal, or the 15 year old just getting his permit and only knows how to keep it simple.

This will be my last post, so good luck to all.

Why your last post?
I think they mean that there are patterns and breaks from patterns. M.O.

Or said this way:
Consolidation, breakout, conso, reversal/breakout, conso, breakout......
Markets don't change, zl upon zl upon zl but yet technically from a #'s perspective (volitility) they do change.
But I guess that just takes us back to a higher timeframe consolidation or breakout then doesn't it. LOL

So maybe not.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:30 am

AJ going up? On what, m5? ;-)
Not so fast.
What about the daily?

IMG_20161021_062912.jpg
IMG_20161021_062912.jpg (227.21 KiB) Viewed 4118 times

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:35 am

prochargedmopar wrote:AJ going up? On what, m5? ;-)
Not so fast.
What about the daily?

IMG_20161021_062912.jpg

If I controlled price that lower yellow line would get smoked because I know every Tom, Dick, and procharged thinks the low has been set.
Their stop (or margin call) is protected by that line in the sand.
Haahaha

westcountry

Postby westcountry » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Hey V8,

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving, and wishing you all the best. Thanks for all your support this year here. Hope all is well and that you are catching major pips.

-West

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 pm

This was a most excellent thread by v8power. I felt the sincerity, gratitude and longing to give back what he learned from the giants of this forum. I would venture to say that in doing so he joined that league and should be part of the furniture here.

So, find momentum reversing off an extreme point, determine a logical retracement against said momentum (zline), if/when price hits that zline, consider entry in the direction of original momentum.

Did I just sum up the method discussed here?

If so, the question is: what would actually trigger a trade execution? I do believe that MO has said that any one of TRO's methods are good for getting that entry. In that case, on a smaller timeframe, see red -> sell OR see green -> buy.

We are to expect that doing this consistently will give us the edge we need in the markets in order to make profit.

Mira

Postby Mira » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 pm

PhilipLangford wrote:This was a most excellent thread by v8power. I felt the sincerity, gratitude and longing to give back what he learned from the giants of this forum. I would venture to say that in doing so he joined that league and should be part of the furniture here.

So, find momentum reversing off an extreme point, determine a logical retracement against said momentum (zline), if/when price hits that zline, consider entry in the direction of original momentum.

If so, the question is: what would actually trigger a trade execution? I do believe that MO has said that any one of TRO's methods are good for getting that entry. In that case, on a smaller timeframe, see red -> sell OR see green -> buy.

We are to expect that doing this consistently will give us the edge we need in the markets in order to make profit.

V8 was a great trader, he hadn’t fear of the loss.
Even when it was about posting live trades here: he didn’t give a damn about the other people judge.

I knew V8 just a little but I feel a big loss when I think about him.
__________ THE :smt096 IS A LIE__________

PhilipLangford

Postby PhilipLangford » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Mira wrote:
PhilipLangford wrote:This was a most excellent thread by v8power. I felt the sincerity, gratitude and longing to give back what he learned from the giants of this forum. I would venture to say that in doing so he joined that league and should be part of the furniture here.

V8 was a great trader, he hadn’t fear of the loss.
Even when it was about posting live trades here: he didn’t give a damn about the other people judge.

I knew V8 just a little but I feel a big loss when I think about him.

Oh yes, I recall he's no longer with us. The posts he left give a sense of the type of character he was. "Pedal to the metal" springs to mind.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”