The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Price on GU will not break below 1.2075 this week and if it does, be prepared for a reversal. Also it should stay below 1.2450 this week and I would be looking for any reason to start to build up a long position trade next week. Price is currently at 1.2250 with a ATR (if you use and believe in such a thing). So with 1 day left that puts us at 1.2400 and 1.2100 extremes. Which are inside my price points.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:19 pm

MightyOne wrote:Let's say that I lay money on the table and I tell you that it could be yours but the moment that you reached for it I smash your hand with a hammer.
The next day I lay money on the table and I make the same suggestion only this time you respond differently to the pattern, isn't it so?

Trading "changes" similarly in that people learn to both recognize and set traps.

Also don't so called experts/traders say (stock market) bull cycles are normally based on a 4-5 year cycle with a 1 year bear cycle at the end. Also what was the change between the dot.com bubble or the housing market crash or the Asian crash of 97-98.

What about the belief that no trader can move the market, yet Soros not only manipulated the market he did it against the Bank of England.

Your scenario that you offered assumed the person could feel pain when punched in the hand. But what about the rare few (black swans) that can't feel pain.

Also very few people "learn to both recognize and set traps". If they did Ponzi schemes wouldn't happen every year. Drug dealers would claim all profits on there taxes, so even if they never get busted for dealing they wouldn'tget locked up for tax fraud. Or people that shoot up herion for the first time and vomit every where and feel like death the next day would never use again.

Humans are stupid and very easily exploited. Hence why most believe trading is mostly physcological.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:37 pm

I also believe only real knowledge is achieved once you can objectively look at an argument from the other side or playing the devils advocate. Yes many people will learn from there mistakes. I believe more so when they are physically and immediate. Money that we tell traders all the time to not think of as real less so. I know that was the case for me. I could lose a fortunate electronically, but a fraction of that if I had lost "out of my pocket would effect me very differently".

But I also always say that you only know what you know and that I always steal my idea's/knowledge from those that know more then me. Hence why I eventually always end up listening to what MO says. So maybe I'am wrong. Who knows.

WERENT YOU SUPPOSE TO BE OF LEARNING A NEW LANGUGE OR SOMETHING NOT POSTING. That post gets your attention. And actually in the essence of it all all I was saying was to trade the market as if tho you were playing poker with it and you knew how to read your oppent. So I agreed with yo0u from the start :)

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:44 pm

v8power wrote:Humans are stupid and very easily exploited. Hence why most believe trading is mostly physcological.

Perhaps stupid is not the correct word, since it s conected to inteligence, which is not the problem.

The problem is ignorance...to ignore the truth. We see it, we know it s there, yet we choose to ignore it, because it doesn t suit our
DESIRES. It s not only trading, that s mostly psychological, our whole lives are direct consequence of our psychology. We (our cirqumstances) are a product of our thoughts & emotions, which produce desires, which we blindly follow most of the time.

In case of trading it s mostly greed, fear and pride, so wanting to be rich, fear of losing money & desire to be right or admired.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:54 pm

judokamak wrote:
v8power wrote:Humans are stupid and very easily exploited. Hence why most believe trading is mostly physcological.

Perhaps stupid is not the correct word, since it s conected to inteligence, which is not the problem.

The problem is ignorance...to ignore the truth. We see it, we know it s there, yet we choose to ignore it, because it doesn t suit our
DESIRES. It s not only trading, that s mostly psychological, our whole lives are direct consequence of our psychology. We (our cirqumstances) are a product of our thoughts & emotions, which produce desires, which we blindly follow most of the time.

In case of trading it s mostly greed, fear and pride, so wanting to be rich, fear of losing money & desire to be right or admired.

So couldn't you say being ignorant is stupid? What is intelligence. Is it knowing algerbra or how to run a criminal org. People like to make blanket statements as to what intelligence is. But do you know how to export illegal substance's. How about running a massive hit crew. Who was smarter. Escobar or all the "highly educated" politicans that he killed, while he single handly ruled mexico.

Anwser me this. Who is smarter, Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton. Please give proof and examples.

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Sure, you could say that, but to me, Inteligence is the ability to learn, to understand information we receive trough our 5 sences. We all have this ability.
Knowledge is some sort of skill we get, from learning. So knowing algebra is knowledge a and runing criminal org is knowledge b.

My point about ignorance was this. We all have bad habits, lots of them, some worst than others. We usualy recognize some of this habits, so understanding/inteligence is not the problem. Yet we choose to IGNORE it s consequences, because this habit produces some form of pleasure.

- a drunk guy, knows that alchocol is doing damage to his body, yet he ignores this truth and chooses to follow this particular desire.
- a guy, investing in "get rich fast" scheme, knows about countless stories, where people lost all of their money, he understands, that getting rich over night is not logical and it doesn t happen often, yet he ignores this and invests anyway, becouse he follows his desire to be rich.

Both of them could be inteligent guys, even experts at some field, yet because they follow desire and ignore the truth, they must face the concequences at some point. We all do this in some form or another and usualy, we think it s not our fault :)

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:33 pm

So I don't know why a post I made after reading some mark douglas and Dr. Elder got peoples panties in a bunch and posted in my thread, but since they did and the topic has turned toward intelligence. Let me ask this.

Who is the smarter trader. The one who has always talked about 2% a day gains and small sl. Or the trader who was purely a long term trader who used 100-250 pip sl's and thought traveling great distance's was the only way to make money. Also if the market is ever changing how does things like 123 setups and the buyzone work so consistently. And if you think they don't, maybe you shoud talk to dchappy or TRO who posts a chart of the setup everyday.

I post way more stupid s**t all the time and this random post gets peoples attention. And next to pro, Im probably one of the biggest fans of MO's. So by no means was my post meant to be disrespectful, just thought provking. Whatever. What do I know. Im just some dumb junkie.

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:42 pm

V8, i was only following your (interesting) post, didn t mean to upset you or anything of the sort.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Past 5 years, zline trade idea's have worked. Now if the market changed they wouldn't I would think.

I must be stupid. Im sitting here defending your trading idea's, while you are trying to prove me wrong.

The majority of my trades are consistently placed with a 15-20 pip sl, the same "idea" entry, with the same tp "idea". For me to honestly believe that markets change, I would need to see price print side ways or something.

But hey I guess if people really believe that markets change, they will constantly change there trading idea's on how to place a trade and end up losing like the majority of those do.

You can see that change in the chart dragon posted in 2013 and mine today. Very different market and trade idea's.
Attachments
gbpusd-m15-oanda-division1.png
gbpusd-m15-oanda-division1.png (59.81 KiB) Viewed 4073 times
35lymmu.png
35lymmu.png (52.31 KiB) Viewed 4073 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Do markets change? Of course they do. Back in 08/09 pairs did move hundreds of pips from one daily extreme to another. But for the most part, that is just because of the financial criss. 4 out of the 5 past days moved less then a hundred on GU. So had you been stupid enough to believe those who preach that price will move hundreds (meaning at least 200 or more) pips in a single day and you sucked at trading cuz you couldn't capture at least ten of those. You learned the hard way like me. Its not htat your bad at trading. But pairs aren't moving the massive amounts they use to. So trying to make 200 pips on a trade in one day aint gonna normally happen. And even tho people love to claim that there trading is simple and you don't need to make it complex, they ignore the fact that their trading "peaked in complexity" and then went to simple. Tell me who the better drive is, the F1 driver who says he drives normal, or the 15 year old just getting his permit and only knows how to keep it simple.

This will be my last post, so good luck to all.
Attachments
gbpusd-m15-fb-forex-broker.png
gbpusd-m15-fb-forex-broker.png (103.14 KiB) Viewed 4051 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”