The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:56 am

And for those that think I mark my charts after the fact. I posted this 2 months ago

usdjpy-w1-noble-services-ltd.png
usdjpy-w1-noble-services-ltd.png (35.58 KiB) Viewed 3239 times

and this is how it has played out so far. Pretty accurate if you ask me.

usdjpy-w1-oanda-division2.png
usdjpy-w1-oanda-division2.png (35.76 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
Attachments
usdjpy-w1-oanda-division2.png
usdjpy-w1-oanda-division2.png (35.76 KiB) Viewed 3239 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

prochargedmopar

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:48 pm

v8power wrote:So tinypic keeps crashing my computer. But here is why a lot of people trading fail at long term. Looks like a perfect weekly mzone setup. But then (missing pic would show) the following week continued to retrace more and then start to go up and the next week contined up. You can check the chart yourself.

[quoteImage]

https://charts.mql5.com/12/878/audusd-w1-oanda-division1-2.png
[/quote]

This is my understanding of MO being reduced: (Not using an asian lady as the reducer either, Just price- ;-) )

IMG_20161020_084511.jpg
IMG_20161020_084511.jpg (143.13 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
#1BODY in direction of profit #2INCREASE lot size Obsessively
My Losses cause me Great Laughter!
Trading Bible here> therumpledone/the-ideas-that-i-trade-by-t3256/page1670

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:02 pm

v8power wrote:
PeterBerregi wrote:
v8power wrote:...But here is why a lot of people trading fail at long term...

Hi v8. Can you clarify the above statement for me.

Do you mean that people fail to successfully trade with high timeframe charts? Or do you mean the usual trope that most people fail trading in general.

Here is the second chart you tried posting:

yES to what you said 1st. Here is the 4hr chart and how it would have played out. First 2 trade setups shown by the 50 fib retace were losers. But look at the 3 rd and 4th fib retraces. Those are picture perfect setups that you could have use a 10-20 pip sl to trade with. The blue lines show you your exits, when price will retrace.

There is one blue exit line I didn't mark. Had you had the balls to hold it the 1st trade would be almost 200 pips, 2nd 175 and 3rd 150. So over 500 pips with a at most 20 pip sl. Even at 1% per 10 pips that is over 50% gained minus the 2 losses. This is how I do it

Ahhhh,
Even I failed to look at bigger picture.
I was dissecting price on a bar by bar basis.
The WICK is part of a momentous move on a higher time frame bar by bar analysis.
The pullback is to a MZ, OTE, 3/4 pull, WDL, blah blah of the swing.
My bad.

IMG_20161020_090027.jpg
IMG_20161020_090027.jpg (133.5 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
Last edited by prochargedmopar on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:
PeterBerregi wrote:
Hi v8. Can you clarify the above statement for me.

Do you mean that people fail to successfully trade with high timeframe charts? Or do you mean the usual trope that most people fail trading in general.

Here is the second chart you tried posting:

yES to what you said 1st. Here is the 4hr chart and how it would have played out. First 2 trade setups shown by the 50 fib retace were losers. But look at the 3 rd and 4th fib retraces. Those are picture perfect setups that you could have use a 10-20 pip sl to trade with. The blue lines show you your exits, when price will retrace.

There is one blue exit line I didn't mark. Had you had the balls to hold it the 1st trade would be almost 200 pips, 2nd 175 and 3rd 150. So over 500 pips with a at most 20 pip sl. Even at 1% per 10 pips that is over 50% gained minus the 2 losses. This is how I do it

Ahhhh,
The WICK is part of a momentous move on a higher time frame bar by bar analysis.
The pullback is to an OTE, 3/4 pull, WDL, blah blah of the swing.
My bad.

IMG_20161020_090027.jpg

I never understand half the words u use, haha. All I was trying to show was early on for me trying to trade HTF resulted in a loss here or there while waiting for price to finally move in my direction. Remember price can cross any line, as long as its back by the end of the bar. It was just a simple zline/mzone trade, that's all.

This place is to smart for me any more. Everyone has crazy names and bots and I just read the last 30 pages of the orginal "idea's" thread and didn't understand a damn thing anyone was talking about. haha. When everyone else post they sound so smart and have all the cool fancy terms and wall street slang. 7 years into my trading career and I just learned 123 setups, haha. I wonder how I ever actually make money sometimes.

prochargedmopar

Postby prochargedmopar » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:37 pm

v8power wrote:
prochargedmopar wrote:
v8power wrote:

Ahhhh,
The pullback is to an OTE, 3/4 pull, WDL, blah blah of the swing.
My bad.

IMG_20161020_090027.jpg

I never understand half the words u use, haha. All I was trying to show was early on for me trying to trade HTF resulted in a loss here or there while waiting for price to finally move in my direction. Remember price can cross any line, as long as its back by the end of the bar. It was just a simple zline/mzone trade, that's all.

This place is to smart for me any more. Everyone has crazy names and bots and I just read the last 30 pages of the orginal "idea's" thread and didn't understand a damn thing anyone was talking about. haha. When everyone else post they sound so smart and have all the cool fancy terms and wall street slang. 7 years into my trading career and I just learned 123 setups, haha. I wonder how I ever actually make money sometimes.

How,
Because you could give a rats fanny about all that stuff.
123 is ALL that is required to profit. (Well, and a tte)
Losers learn all the fancy lingo but apply nothing.
And die with nothing ($$)

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:09 pm

So the combo of a angle and horz line is suppose to be a very strong trade idea. Yellow dashed lines show past zlines, blue is reversal, lime green is the add on Im looking for. x marks TP. Just a possible path EU could take from my orginal entry (1st yellow arrow).
Attachments
eurusd-w1-oanda-division1.png
eurusd-w1-oanda-division1.png (45.78 KiB) Viewed 3171 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:25 pm

People always like to say that "markets are always changing and are never the same and no one system can work all the time". How are markets changing? They are always going up or down, sometimes more sometimes less, sometimes slow sometimes fast. Sounds preety much the same to me. Is what makes up a 6 foot 6 white blond haired skinny man all that different, from a little fat guy with brown hair. Nope still pretty much the same at the core. "Well you cant trade them with the same system all the time". well what if my system has entries, exits and tp for trending, ranging and reversing markets. "That's not one system that's three systems so it doesn't count". Well to me a system/set up is a collection of trading idea's used at the best possible time to ensure that you win. So yea it can. Besides most love to use ATR to tell them what the current market volatility is so they know where to place there sl. If you had used the 21 day ATR (pretty common number used) of about 100 on GU on 10/06, you would have been s**t out of luck when it dropped 1,000 pips. O and it was also the yearly low, so if you had placed a trade based on a reversal idea of daily/weekly/monthly/yearly low you would have taken a hit 10x the size of the ATR. ATR is based on past price, just like those squiggly's MACD bolligner bands or moving average stochastic or whatever those lagging things are called. Also what happens when you have 2-3 weekly inside bars (15 of those 21 days ATR). Your being told volatility is decreasing and that's what the market is going to keep doing, but what happens when that 4th weekly bar ticks 1 pip past the last weekly bar that preceeded it, massive increase in volatility, not like what your lagging indy was telling you.

Markets are simply the reflection of human emotion. Now some experts will tell you that all traders are rational while the markets are closed, but once opened they become irrational. What they fail to mention is the "mob effect" where humans no longer think on there own but instead go with the crowd. And if we know that and we know traders will become irrantional when markets open then we trade against the majority's irrantional thoughts. So when the media is saying the brexit vite is to stay, we sell for the leave. When GU hits a weekly support line for the 3rd time (should hold) and is the new yearly low we sell. Or how about when every motherlover on Wall Street and Lehman Brothers preached the housing market was untouchable and even paid off the regulators to keep the market from showing its true value. Losing 620 BILLION dollars, causing 10 TRILLION dollars lossed in Oct, the single biggest decline every!!!

But hey do you if it makes you money. Lehmans did that for 158 years and have the single largest monthly loss ever.

My point. Markets are as predictable as the humans who trade them and will never change.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:50 pm

Let's say that I lay money on the table and I tell you that it could be yours but the moment that you reached for it I smash your hand with a hammer.
The next day I lay money on the table and I make the same suggestion only this time you respond differently to the pattern, isn't it so?

Trading "changes" similarly in that people learn to both recognize and set traps.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:52 pm

MightyOne wrote:Let's say that I lay money on the table and I tell you that it could be yours but the moment that you reached for it I smash your hand with a hammer.
The next day I lay money on the table and I make the same suggestion only this time you respond differently to the pattern, isn't it so?

Trading "changes" similarly in that people learn to both recognize and set traps.

I kept touching the stove even tho my mom told me it was hot and I burned myself the first time.

v8power

Postby v8power » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:56 pm

The markets are simply a ping pong game. The current price is the ball and the horz lines are the paddles (whenever the ball builds up to much speed one way, it will meet a line/paddle that sends it back the other way (reversal). Or the player misses it and it blows past the paddle/line (a breakout).
Attachments
gbpusd-h4-oanda-division1.png
gbpusd-h4-oanda-division1.png (37.2 KiB) Viewed 3152 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”