The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:
As an ECP, you can open UK accounts while residing in the US. Already told you this! There is no mystery! Have you called Citi yet? Called your lawyer(s) yet to set up an LLC with ECP status to minimize risk? You better not move into my guest house :lol:

I rememeber the convo, bit I think I missed that part. I have them looking into the LLC. Havent called Citi cuz Im curious about something, so I ll ask. Is trading directly with a bank still like trading with a retail broker? Is there still leverage offered? I guess when you mentioned dealing with them my mind went to that, that is for the big boys moving tens to hundreds of millions of dollars per trade. Forget the guest house, Im just sleeping in the garage with all those sexy cars of yours.

Individual ECP threshold is 10M net worth. Corporate ECP is 1M in capital. Everything else is limiting your risk, costs, and taxes. Yes, Citi has levels - velocity group is first level, very similar to retail experience. The bigger you go, the more negotiable everything becomes - leverage included, but liquidity is the limiting factor before leverage (maybe not in your case because you are crazy, LOL). You negotiate liquidity as $/sec. Providing vs taking liquidity is also important. The more providing you do (limit orders), the better terms you can get. Just talk to them - this isn't secret info. The only unconventional thing I do recommend is a custodial acct with your prime broker - explained at beginning of thread. Most people don't have it, it is something you can do later on after you're larger as well.

Haha me crazy :mrgreen: . Thanks for the info. liquidity is the topic the interest me the most at the moment. Having very lttle trading expierence, all I know is how the market reacts and accepts orders up to a certain size. And even that is sketchy at best guess. I feel like one day Im just gonna have to start throwing out 100 lot orders and see what it does to the market (just kidding, kind of). Forex's claim to fame is that its trillions of dollars and no one person can manipulate it, so I cant imangine that a small trader of my size would even be a blip on the chart. But I have found at least retail wise 100 lots is kind of like the don't cross this size amount (if that makes sense). It would be nice if forex had the same info as stocks and futures such a volume and liquidity numbers. Cuz Im sure liquidity is vastly different between EU and U/Zar.

Also Im curious and you don't have to answer is how your bots work around this problem. I know you sell/lease (something) them to banks. Which Im assuming they are moving pretty large size trades. With my little bit that I understand about high freq trading is that your placing trades that only last seconds or less and that you take advantage of price somehow. At least that's what I remember reading one time. So Im curious how they work around this. I do realize I could be completely talking out my ass right now and be completely wrong.

Once again thanks for your time and advice.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Sacrophage

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Sacrophage » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:16 pm

^^Yes, completely wrong LOL.

As a retailer, or with Citi velocity, you never see market liquidity, only broker liquidity. So, the only thing that matters is what you have negotiated with them. You should have no problem getting 10-100M per second. That could hurt you if you are trading larger and price just touches and reverses - but could also help you if price pushes through, and part of your order gets slipped positively. Look at your past trades, figure what you need, find out what they give you by default, and if not enough, ask for more. They want you to trade more, so they will give you the liquidity you need. What they don't want is some jackass who says he moves 20 yds per month who ends up moving 5, and only provides liquidity for 1.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Sacrophage wrote:^^Yes, completely wrong LOL.

As a retailer, or with Citi velocity, you never see market liquidity, only broker liquidity. So, the only thing that matters is what you have negotiated with them. You should have no problem getting 10-100M per second. That could hurt you if you are trading larger and price just touches and reverses - but could also help you if price pushes through, and part of your order gets slipped positively. Look at your past trades, figure what you need, find out what they give you by default, and if not enough, ask for more. They want you to trade more, so they will give you the liquidity you need. What they don't want is some jackass who says he moves 20 yds per month who ends up moving 5, and only provides liquidity for 1.

Haha I figured I was.

Its funny (and confusing) to read your responses's to me. Less then 2 years ago I was just hitting buy or sell on Mt4 and took whatever price I was given and knew my whopping 1 lot order would always get filled. Now its ECB this and 100m per second that and banks giving me more liquidity so I can get my trades placed. Kind of a mind f**k for a kid who barely got out of high school. The funny thing is, I could careless about the money (up to a point, gotta have money to buy cars) I just like to see how far I can take this. Its like playing a video game and Im either going to get the high score or die trying.

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:41 am

GU dropping like a rock. Now I just need EJ to follow suit

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Trading sucked for this week. I was only able to hit about 80% gain. But I guess its not to bad considering it only consisted of 2 Asian sessions and 1 US and London. Really should have hit between 200%-300%. But I need to put my health first for once. Hopefully next week will be better. Hope everyone did better then me.
usdjpy-h1-noble-services-ltd.png
usdjpy-h1-noble-services-ltd.png (74.25 KiB) Viewed 3460 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:35 pm

WARNING: To all those who will listen or follow MO's idea's on long term/higher time frame trades take this into caution. He presents idea's that will make you extremely good at trading HTF's, combined with his trading from extremes will give you the ability to know when price will turn then most. Which is good unless you get tunnel vision and forget that price can cross support or resistance as lomg as its home for dinner. This was just a joke, well except for the hard truth that MO can make a long term trader out of (almost) anyone.

But in all seriousness how many hate the news. I know I do. I would rather not trade if I cant trade London before the US session, due to all the news releases's. Unless you entered a trade days or weeks ago there is a good chance that a news release could stop you out of a trade. But I will offer a couple of idea's on how to interput(sp) a news release. If a currency pair is moving in the direction that the market already thinks it should be when good news is released, it is considered to already priced in. But if that release is negative then that's another story. Add to the signifigance of the report and its amplitude even more. Good news in a market already moving that direction is like stomping on the pedal of a camary. Yea there might be a slight shake, but nothing worth noting. But take today's news release and my belief on the longer term view and you have hundred's of pips movement. Plus depending on how the market reacts there is a way to trade it within the first 5-30 mins. Then there is also the type of release and what it does to the overall daily ATR of the pair and how it will carry on after. Just some idea's to think about.

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:44 pm

You doubled your account already :shock:

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:21 pm

jrtrading wrote:You doubled your account already :shock:

Only 80% gained. Had I not been began "detoxing" this week I should have added a zero. This upcoming week depending on what one pair does, I should hit my 1st zero. I think I traded about 12-16 hours this week. I should have hit a zero this week but I started trading a new idea this week and still have the confidence in it. I was upset to post a gain of less then 100%, given how I normally post what I gain. But this next week or the following should back my claims up.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:34 pm

jrtrading wrote:You doubled your account already :shock:

Here were 3 simple trades for up to 600 pips (I didn't trade GY this week). This is exactly what I do
gbpjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png
gbpjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png (30.04 KiB) Viewed 3412 times

jrtrading

Postby jrtrading » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Thanks, v8power, appreciate your response.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”