The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:47 am

v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:Either way your withdrawing 500,000 a week. Or you can be greedy and have multiple accounts :mrgreen:

From a retail account you aren't - and definitely not consistently. Stay in the weeds...

With out getting into my personal details. What don't you believe you aren't doing and not consistently. Withdrawing large sums of money? I know I said 500,000. But how about lets say 100,000. That's only 20 lots per trade making 100 pips a day. Seems very doable. Now lets say you put each trade on 3 parts each. Now you at lets say 250,000 a week. 2 accounts puts you at 500,000.

Or maybe 30 lots, 3 parts but only 50 pips a day, but 3 accounts. But who knows. Right now Im only risking .1% per position, so my gains aren't what they use to be.

And I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything. You know I love when you share your insider knowledge with my green ass

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:14 am

5 weeks until the best weekend of the year. Woodward Dream cruise. This will be 16 years in a row I have made it, ever since my dad took me for the 1st time. But this year will be even better. During the day when Im not cruising I have a penthouse in Birmingham (right on Woodward) to watch from and then at night for me and my friends my house is less then a half a mile off Woodward, with 5 acres to park are cars It is consider the biggest car event in the world and is just insane. You will see ever car ever produced, no matter how rare.
Attachments
dre.jpg
dre.jpg (229.5 KiB) Viewed 2497 times

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:21 am

v8power wrote:
v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:
From a retail account you aren't - and definitely not consistently. Stay in the weeds...

With out getting into my personal details. What don't you believe you aren't doing and not consistently. Withdrawing large sums of money? I know I said 500,000. But how about lets say 100,000. That's only 20 lots per trade making 100 pips a day. Seems very doable. Now lets say you put each trade on 3 parts each. Now you at lets say 250,000 a week. 2 accounts puts you at 500,000.

Or maybe 30 lots, 3 parts but only 50 pips a day, but 3 accounts. But who knows. Right now Im only risking .1% per position, so my gains aren't what they use to be.

And I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything. You know I love when you share your insider knowledge with my green ass

You only know the limits of your broker once you've found them, and you only know how true of an ECN they are once you've tested those limits. I have found that every single broker is less of an ECN than they say they are, and that you are "allowed" a certain amount of profit in absolute terms as well as in relative terms if you are placing lots of limit orders and providing liquidity. The exception was CitiFX, which is now only available to ECP's and up.

Without naming brokers, those limits can be as small as 30K per week or as large as 300K per week, with the avg broker somewhere around the 50-100K/wk mark. This is mostly using relatively high frequency trading, so you may have different limits trading few big trades instead of 500K small trades in a week. One-offs like SNB or Brexit are different - you can hammer some cool cash during those times as they are supposed to be very careful to hedge - worst that can happen is they go bankrupt and don't pay (like FXCM almost did after SNB). But if you consistently take too much out of them, you will get poor fills, slippage, "no connection", "off quotes", "invalid login", etc.

So don't just assume you can make more money without having to pay the piper. Increase little by little once you're above the 25K/wk mark. If you find anything weird while making bigger money, throw them a few losses and trade small for a week or two out of that account. Don't get flagged.

v8power

Postby v8power » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:52 am

Last edited by v8power on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

v8power

Postby v8power » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:58 am

Sacrophage who do you trade with your EA

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:01 am

v8power wrote:
Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:And I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything. You know I love when you share your insider knowledge with my green ass

You only know the limits of your broker once you've found them, and you only know how true of an ECN they are once you've tested those limits. I have found that every single broker is less of an ECN than they say they are, and that you are "allowed" a certain amount of profit in absolute terms as well as in relative terms if you are placing lots of limit orders and providing liquidity. The exception was CitiFX, which is now only available to ECP's and up.

Without naming brokers, those limits can be as small as 30K per week or as large as 300K per week, with the avg broker somewhere around the 50-100K/wk mark. This is mostly using relatively high frequency trading, so you may have different limits trading few big trades instead of 500K small trades in a week. One-offs like SNB or Brexit are different - you can hammer some cool cash during those times as they are supposed to be very careful to hedge - worst that can happen is they go bankrupt and don't pay (like FXCM almost did after SNB). But if you consistently take too much out of them, you will get poor fills, slippage, "no connection", "off quotes", "invalid login", etc.

So don't just assume you can make more money without having to pay the piper. Increase little by little once you're above the 25K/wk mark. If you find anything weird while making bigger money, throw them a few losses and trade small for a week or two out of that account. Don't get flagged.

This is why I love you. I needed you years ago before certain people claimed gains that they made to seem possible timeframe after timeframe. If you want please name brokers or else maybe we can take this to pm. "This is mostly using relatively high frequency trading" this is the only possible variance. Thank you for remembering about FXCM, everyone thought I was crazy.

"So don't just assume you can make more money without having to pay the piper" can anyone prove different once your adding 2% a day to your account or a zero evry year. Least be real cuz I have gone through almost 10 brokers to get to my current "water mark" and I have trade caps placed on me and now Im dropping risk to .1% a trade to continue trading.

Is there anyone placing 100 lot positions of a trade each day/week and getting there money. I'll be the first to admit I have hit a wall. "Increase little by little once you're above the 25K/wk mark" blew past this mark long ago.

I love you Sacrophage. You ever come up for Woodward or to train or to Detroit and you always have a place to stay.

Sweet spot - thanks man - now take down your personally identifying info from the internet, dumbass! LOL. If you have the money already, I gave you the road map at the beginning of the thread. Start by calling Citi - then your lawyer to start putting together some entities to hold the custodial acct... And, yes, the high-freq part can be a big difference - they don't hedge as quickly as I trade which may get them into more trouble than they do vs a manual trader. Regardless, it seems you 1) found their limits and 2) have been flagged. Time for a bigger pond.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:13 am

v8power wrote:Sacrophage who do you trade with your EA

I license software to hedge funds, but personally trade fx with Citi plus the currently respected retailers, which is a revolving list of about 10 brokers.

v8power

Postby v8power » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:38 am

Last edited by v8power on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v8power

Postby v8power » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:52 am

Last edited by v8power on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forexbob

Postby forexbob » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:46 am

Hi,

look left that's what I do before crossing the street (well maybe not in the UK and ....), we look left for any danger coming in our direction.

In trading I look where price is in regards to something what happened in the past... cq we look left

prepare/toss a coin/draw some lines and place the trade.

below the missed trade of yesterday (i was not around)
the day before yesterday looked at the eurusd chart and placed a sell limit on 1.1081
missed by 6 points...

eurusd missed.JPG
eurusd missed.JPG (53.56 KiB) Viewed 2378 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”