The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Sacrophage

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Sacrophage » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:47 am

v8power wrote:
newark18 wrote:By the way, I love you MO for sharing your ideas. OMG, i feel like i learned wizardry.

Haha. Don't you almost feel special. I mean I doubt any members here went to Harvard, no Wall Street access, no nothing. But we know as much and if not more then all the big shots. I laugh when my parents are watching cnbc or whatever and there talking about the markets, and I blurt out what will probably happen tomorrow or by the end of the week or when price closes past something. They get so confused on how I don't even need to watch the charts, but just knowing howit has moved and where is all I need.

Speak for yourself dumbass! :lol: I went to an Ivy! ...And then TRO's rats beat me... Any decent state school is just as good honestly (assuming an engineering or other real science degree). Good for what is the question... agreed a fancy education isn't necessary to be a good trader.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Jalarupa

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:28 am

I'm thinking of learning R through Coursera best way to access free ivy league education...

Excel is great for data crunching but it's too manual... So I'm going to teach myself R and let it do the heavy lifting for regression analysis, momentum alerts, etc
:smt065

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:30 am

Oh and I wouldn't use either of those pics for BM rat trades... Remember the rat trade is rat into momo... ;)
:smt065

dr000

Postby dr000 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:29 am

Can something seemingly obvious become something significant, is it vice-versa, or does it work both ways? 1.7 looks important, record lows are the same distance from 1.7 as record highs.

GBPUSDecnMonthly.png
GBPUSDecnMonthly.png (123.59 KiB) Viewed 2718 times

GBPUSDecnH4.png
GBPUSDecnH4.png (78.06 KiB) Viewed 2718 times

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Jalarupa wrote:I'm thinking of learning R through Coursera best way to access free ivy league education...

Excel is great for data crunching but it's too manual... So I'm going to teach myself R and let it do the heavy lifting for regression analysis, momentum alerts, etc

I hadn't heard of Coursera (I'm old) - looks great!

I generally use Python for testing data in SQLite. I have messed with R as well. It's all functional enough to get what you need done. Whatever is most comfy is best IMHO. MT4 is a great tool for retail - don't know why it's bashed so often - I have no problem running it, and it's fast and easy to get things coded and testing.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:
newark18 wrote:By the way, I love you MO for sharing your ideas. OMG, i feel like i learned wizardry.

Haha. Don't you almost feel special. I mean I doubt any members here went to Harvard, no Wall Street access, no nothing. But we know as much and if not more then all the big shots. I laugh when my parents are watching cnbc or whatever and there talking about the markets, and I blurt out what will probably happen tomorrow or by the end of the week or when price closes past something. They get so confused on how I don't even need to watch the charts, but just knowing howit has moved and where is all I need.

Speak for yourself dumbass! :lol: I went to an Ivy! ...And then TRO's rats beat me... Any decent state school is just as good honestly (assuming an engineering or other real science degree). Good for what is the question... agreed a fancy education isn't necessary to be a good trader.

haha, I dropped out of 2 community college's and got kicked out of a 3rd.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Jalarupa wrote:Oh and I wouldn't use either of those pics for BM rat trades... Remember the rat trade is rat into momo... ;)

Ah there is a piece of the puzzle I might have been missing. Thanks Ja

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:43 pm

I got my ass handed to me today. Let winners turn into losers, revenge traded, held traders to try and cover loses instead of exiting were price was telling me, fear of missing the move and over traded and the only trade I took off cuz I thought price was reverseing, went 200 pips in my favor.

Ill post charts later so everyone can laugh at how dumb I was.

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:50 pm

v8power wrote:I got my ass handed to me today. Let winners turn into losers, revenge traded, held traders to try and cover loses instead of exiting were price was telling me, fear of missing the move and over traded and the only trade I took off cuz I thought price was reverseing, went 200 pips in my favor.

Leave it all in the gym today and have a few drinks tonight. Start again next week with a fresh head.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:I got my ass handed to me today. Let winners turn into losers, revenge traded, held traders to try and cover loses instead of exiting were price was telling me, fear of missing the move and over traded and the only trade I took off cuz I thought price was reverseing, went 200 pips in my favor.

Leave it all in the gym today and have a few drinks tonight. Start again next week with a fresh head.

That is very good advice. Unfortunately one pf my bad traits is not to start with a fresh head, but "to get back what I lost" mentality.

But my main purpose of the post was to show that everyone takes a loss every now and then (except MO, dragon, of Ja).

But I also really need to start implanting cones and space into my trading. I think those addititons will cut down on the amount of trades I place, thus decreaseing most of my loses and a better/safer MM.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”