The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:06 am

Question for all the blind mice out there. Which chart of cc's would u use or think is right. Is there even a really big difference.
Attachments
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1-3.png
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1-3.png (153.76 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h1-oanda-division1.png (138.3 KiB) Viewed 3030 times

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Sacrophage

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Sacrophage » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:00 am

^^Its will look different depending on the price action - for one set of action, 1 offset will be better, and the other will be better for another set of action, assuming the same trading rules of course. Overlaying both theoretically makes things more clear, but in practice, seems to cloud everything further.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:16 am

Sacrophage wrote:^^Its will look different depending on the price action - for one set of action, 1 offset will be better, and the other will be better for another set of action, assuming the same trading rules of course. Overlaying both theoretically makes things more clear, but in practice, seems to cloud everything further.

Yea I undertand that and you are right. I was just wondering cuz in BM MO says to start your cc at a rat. But there are always different places as time passes that you can do that at. Also I believe combining candles in the beginning was a way to see actual momentum. So they at times offer conflicting starting positions and such things. But the more I look at the charts even tho the have formed slightly different they still tell the same "idea" for what price has done and what might do.

When you gonna give us the lowdown on these crazy automated robots or ea's that trade for you. seem really cool. How is trading going for ya

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:44 am

Just came here to learn to trade subjectively - manually. Happy to help anyone trying to do their own EA, but not here to promote or sell anything. Only mention it from time to time as there may be people like me out there who couldn't make good money trading manually at first - and I found data analysis and automation to be easier.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:15 am

Sacrophage wrote:Just came here to learn to trade subjectively - manually. Happy to help anyone trying to do their own EA, but not here to promote or sell anything. Only mention it from time to time as there may be people like me out there who couldn't make good money trading manually at first - and I found data analysis and automation to be easier.

I never thought you were trying to sell or promote anything. it is just a topic that peaked my interest. So since you were able to automate rules that trade profitable, why don't you just manully trade that way and still be profitable. Or are you looking at a different way to trade manually. You strike me as someone who is very knowledgeable, so im just trying to pry info out of ya :mrgreen:

Sacrophage

Postby Sacrophage » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:45 am

v8power wrote:I never thought you were trying to sell or promote anything. it is just a topic that peaked my interest. So since you were able to automate rules that trade profitable, why don't you just manully trade that way and still be profitable. Or are you looking at a different way to trade manually. You strike me as someone who is very knowledgeable, so im just trying to pry info out of ya :mrgreen:

If you can automate it, why would you want to sit and do it manually instead? It's also not possible to trade that fast, if discussing programs with any frequency. There is no magic secret, just data analysis and capital mgt. to make the most of the data you mine. I wanted to try manual again because of the returns I saw some of you guys making. The approach is very different - I like the "zen" aspect of subjective trading. Good manual traders wouldn't make the mistakes my programs make, but they also need to sleep, can get mentally discouraged, tired, or just have a bad day. I'm the turtle, but it's definitely more fun to be the hare!

newark18

Postby newark18 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:55 am

v8power wrote:Question for all the blind mice out there. Which chart of cc's would u use or think is right. Is there even a really big difference.

Imho, blind mouse is similar to double failure. Fails once (wick), closes over (false break out), closes under (wick on bigger time frame).

I am now starting to see it either as price no longer wants to go in that direction or smart money's way of trapping traders in the wrong direction. Either way, it is when I start to go hmmm.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

newark18

Postby newark18 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:57 am

By the way, I love you MO for sharing your ideas. OMG, i feel like i learned wizardry.
Failure is an opportunity to learn.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:22 am

newark18 wrote:By the way, I love you MO for sharing your ideas. OMG, i feel like i learned wizardry.

Haha. Don't you almost feel special. I mean I doubt any members here went to Harvard, no Wall Street access, no nothing. But we know as much and if not more then all the big shots. I laugh when my parents are watching cnbc or whatever and there talking about the markets, and I blurt out what will probably happen tomorrow or by the end of the week or when price closes past something. They get so confused on how I don't even need to watch the charts, but just knowing howit has moved and where is all I need.

v8power

Postby v8power » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:25 am

Sacrophage wrote:
v8power wrote:I never thought you were trying to sell or promote anything. it is just a topic that peaked my interest. So since you were able to automate rules that trade profitable, why don't you just manully trade that way and still be profitable. Or are you looking at a different way to trade manually. You strike me as someone who is very knowledgeable, so im just trying to pry info out of ya :mrgreen:

If you can automate it, why would you want to sit and do it manually instead? It's also not possible to trade that fast, if discussing programs with any frequency. There is no magic secret, just data analysis and capital mgt. to make the most of the data you mine. I wanted to try manual again because of the returns I saw some of you guys making. The approach is very different - I like the "zen" aspect of subjective trading. Good manual traders wouldn't make the mistakes my programs make, but they also need to sleep, can get mentally discouraged, tired, or just have a bad day. I'm the turtle, but it's definitely more fun to be the hare!

I didn't mean to seem like I was knocking your auto trade. If I could program something to consistently make me money I would do it in a heart beat. Emotions and thinking is what destroys most traders in my opinon.

Return to “TheRumpledOne”