The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:24 am

I like the way you showed everyone your development path... I followed you right until your aha moment...

Pretty sure we going to have a lot more cone heads after today...

Well done!

Been up all night cause my son is teething, walking up every 45 mins... So I think that was fortuitous as well... :lol:
:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:27 am

Jalarupa wrote:The reason you want smaller angles is that the angles on smaller time frames are real steep when you look in a larger time frame...

It also gives a large channel to trade off of on a large time frame equaling large gains...

It also give credence to confluence...

This is how I trade...

Like this (same exact lines just switched timeframes).
eurjpy-d1-oanda-division1-2.png
eurjpy-d1-oanda-division1-2.png (85.7 KiB) Viewed 2312 times

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:29 am

Yeah just watch out though... Mt4 messes with the lines when changing time frames our zooming in and out our connecting and disconnecting the terminal...

I've started using cTrader because the lines are solid like a rock

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 am

Jalarupa wrote:I like the way you showed everyone your development path... I followed you right until your aha moment...

Well done!

Been up all night cause my son is teething, walking up every 45 mins... So I think that was fortuitous as well... :lol:

I know when I first started I tried doing everything at once and just got frustrated and quit. Then after coming back a million times and having one idea click and then another and then going back to the 1st idea and it made even more sense is what really helped. Plus I have to take everything apart, break it down into a few simple rules or idea's, then build it back to what was originally being shown.

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:32 am

Jalarupa wrote:Yeah just watch out though... Mt4 messes with the lines when changing time frames our zooming in and out our connecting and disconnecting the terminal...

I've started using cTrader because the lines are solid like a rock

Yea not a fan of that. I just watch and make sure they are still close to there originally lines they cross price at.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:39 am

v8power wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:I like the way you showed everyone your development path... I followed you right until your aha moment...

Well done!

I know when I first started I tried doing everything at once and just got frustrated and quit. Then after coming back a million times and having one idea click and then another and then going back to the 1st idea and it made even more sense is what really helped. Plus I have to take everything apart, break it down into a few simple rules or idea's, then build it back to what was originally being shown.

So for the benefit of everyone watching...

What are your rules with regards to what you have perceived today?

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:45 am

eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-h4-oanda-division1.png (98.44 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Maybe now I can use the pitchfork thing on Mt4 and actually research it.

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:56 am

Jalarupa wrote:
v8power wrote:

Well done!

So for the benefit of everyone watching...

What are your rules with regards to what you have perceived today?

O for the love of god I have just been winging it, haha. Serioulsy tho. Find a hook and cut through it (15* on STF, 25-30*HTF. For now until I get a better feel for it). Find its opposite angel (one up, one down). Now you should have your first cone and angles to create channels and midlines from. Then I just start putting angles everywhere to something stands out (delete the garbage angles). Then look for to see if the angles cut through area's of interest.

Now I have to watch price for the rest of the week and see whaat it does when reaching there (take notes). Then I can also place lines in retrospect and make notes. Then use notes to update angle idea's. Do the same next week. Take notes. Re read threads that talk about angles, find any idea to add to what I am doing. expand from there. Compare my charts with vets charts (MO, Ja, Capt P.) Constantly taking notes and building around a basic idea, slowly adding more complex idea's. Then come back to orginal idea (hook and an angle cutting threw BO) have AHA moment and start all over.

I know that's more then what you asked for, but for anyone wondering that's how I have developed all my trading idea's.

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:02 am

Well played V8 you have inspired me to become more structured in my approach as well... It really helps when you have some sort of structure to fall back on so that you never without something to do when looking at the charts...

v8power

Postby v8power » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:13 am

Hum, just playing around
NQoosFavoriteAndrewsSetup.png
NQoosFavoriteAndrewsSetup.png (66.06 KiB) Viewed 2295 times
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1-2.png
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1-2.png (90.15 KiB) Viewed 2295 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”