The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

free & uncensored discussion arena for TheRumpledOne

Moderator: moderators

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:53 pm

thepark wrote:
v8power wrote:This chart shows best how I look at price and where I look to take trades. Red lines mark bearish breakouts and there start at an extreme, green show bullish. Yellow line shows price close over a line and then price closes under the line and continues to close under it. To me this is what MO has been saying to us for years and year. Over/under something, price moves from extremes and price cancels out profits. It took me years for me to finally understand something as basic as that. Yes I know, I am slow.

just found this thread and will be reading it tonight.

so you are using the highest bearish MZ and lowest bullish MZ and anything in between as a kind of end point where you trade reversals?
whats the lowest TF where you mark MZ?
when it does hit that zone, what kind of confirmation do you need to enter a trade?
whats the significance of over/under?

i entered long at those three lines because of the up MOMO and the candle immediately after wicked the MZ,
LONG at 152.5 , W 9 pips because it hit my SL above Breakeven
LONG at 152.7, L 50 pips SL
current LONG at 152.97, up 23.5 pips

what would you have done differently?

I almost never us mz and only as a last ditch attempt to get in a trade. I work top down M,W,D,4h,1h,15m,5 and place lines for idea's. I don't care about conformation to put on a trade, but eventually price either goes my way or doestn. If it does then I look for BDP and closes over/under something. Price can cross S&R lines all it wants, but if it doesn't close past the lines, then it is respecting those lines.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

v8power

Re: The idea's we trade by, so we never lose again. p2. The students become the masters

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Libertarian wrote:
v8power wrote:
v8power wrote:
I would be happy to sell price down for you and collect another 100 or 200 more pips. And if I see something I would gladly go long but just to 153.50 at first then maybe up to 155. If not I'll continue what I have been doing since the yearly extreme and selling this sucker lower and lower. 146 looks like a nice place to target.

5 min chart shows simple close over close under trade away from a daily extreme. 1hr chart shows my possible long term idea or possible area to break for a shortgbpjpy-h1-oanda-division1.pnggbpjpy-m5-oanda-division1-2.png

And look what price did just 3 days later. Gave us a short idea from breakout/breakin on the daily. Then kindly went to 146 for +500 pips.gbpjpy-h1-oanda-division1-2.png

You said we could ask you questions, so I hope this doesn't come off as asking to be spoon fed, but WTF is breakout/breakin? Is that the same as a fatcat? Hopefully you know what that is as I believe you haven't read Blind Mouse.

No questions on trading idea's or trades I love and will happily answer all day and night. Saying tell me exactly how you trade so I can make money in a pm is asking to be spoon fed.

Since MO and Ja both already answered there is no need really for me to reply (gotta love when MO posts in your thread). But one day after having reread "ideas" thread, then NLA thread and then rereading the "idea's" thread the concept of breakout/breakin kind of just kicked me in the ass. The basic thing is price broke out and then came back to the same area. My belief is this is what MO really wanted us to see in the beginning and developed idea's like zlines, price cancels out profit etc... Look at MO's charts in NLA pages 130-200 with the thought breakout/breakin and zlines in the back of your mind. It might not hit you the 1st time but do it like a dozen times and save those charts and stare at them and it will make sense on the smallest and biggest levels.

I've read blind Mouse about 3 times in the past 2 weeks and still cant tell you what a fatcat is or anything about placing averages. But for a lame person like myself I use the concept of over/under in my trading (as I see and understand it) and long bar cc's for exits. Yea so I have no idea what a fatcat is.

Here is a quick markup of exactly what I look for in a trade. Over/under off an extreme, new momo down, price retraced zeroing out all the BO traders then resumed going short and went right back in to a breakout area to make it a .....breakin area :mrgreen:

That is literally my thought process when looking for trades. Super easy and uncomplicated. Repeats over and over again and allows me to make 50-200 pip runs off of just 5 and 15m charts.
euraud-m15-oanda-division1.png
euraud-m15-oanda-division1.png (91.62 KiB) Viewed 1914 times

euraud-m15-oanda-division1-2.png
euraud-m15-oanda-division1-2.png (98.8 KiB) Viewed 1914 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:26 pm

forexbob wrote:
Jalarupa wrote:I hear you... Lol it's very difficult to trade from home... I'm thinking I'll get an office one day just so i I can "go to work..." and get out of the distraction that comes with being available...

same thoughts here..... home of the neighbours is for sale but still missing some zeroes.

Depending on your financial sit you could easily rent a place for a few hundred bucks. If trading is your living and your family doesn't respect that time, then I would say do it with out a doubt. I use to have to hide my trading from my parents, alarm to get up at 3am for London. Hide in the basement till about 6 or 7am, then make a mad dash to my room when mom was in shower. Then try to trade US with dad not bugging me to go somewhere or help him with whatever. It sucked. Also had to work until 10 or 12 each nite. I literally became a zombie. It was so unhealthy.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:28 pm

prochargedmopar wrote:Yesterday we were playing with EJ weekly ZL's
Here are my Daily's now.

Any objections? ;)

DailyLines.png

I can never make sense of your charts clearly. But I see a red zline got hit and there was another you could have traded to :D

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Libertarian wrote:Good lord this is an impressive site. Jala and V8 dropping knowledge. I've been doing this for 8 years, almost 9. I have never been profitable (a few months at a time big whoop). I met MO himself 6months into my trading "career" and spent a lot of late nights chatting with him online. I figured I had the master here, I'd just pick this stuff up by osmosis. Well a whole lot of heartbreak 8 years later and here I am. I never posted or followed the threads, it was always too difficult, I was chatting with MO direct on google talk every night and spending every second of my life looking at price action. Surely I couldn't fail. LOL. We'll here I am, 34 years old, 2 beautiful kids, a wife, a career, adulthood. Been ruining my life for a long *censored - swear word* time, failing.

I just re read the Never lose again thread and I realize where I took the wrong fork almost right away. I did that because of v8 posting in my thread and then I went through every one of his posts. More than the knowledge it was the attitude, it was the kick in the butt I needed. It was making these threads work. Now I go through these things and I'm like "Duh", I don't know what changed. I guess I was out of options. It was either this or get my head out of the clouds. Some people have said a lot of things about you V8, but I choose to believe. Never got good advice from those people anyway.

Ha, this post turned into something crazy. I was originally going to give a hurrah and tell Newark18 I had just setup an account with Traders way and that I was excited for the future.

I still got to deal with the fact that I've got a job and am the sole breadwinner so I don't have a bunch of time to participate here, but its all here and I'm going to spend every spare second I have reading and understanding, answering the questions for myself and with the help of the Kreslik folks. Thanks again. Good luck and good trading.

This post is *censored - swear word* awesome and makes me glad Ja and I started this thread. First can I say how freaking awesome and jealous Iam you got to shot the s**t with MO on a nightly basis. Second, isn't it funny rereading threads and idea's just hit you like a sack of bricks and you think to yourself how the hell didn't I realize that before. Now re read 12 more times in 2 years and you will still be saying the say thing. Im glad you got that from me.

"then I went through every one of his posts" I feel honored you did that just keep in mind most who know me say Im bi polar and can flip flop on an idea more then Donald Trump. So any post older then 6-12 months (really any post outside this thread or 3 months old) I would put little weight in what I said. " More than the knowledge it was the attitude" exactly. The knowledge I have and present is preschool MO, I would say I offer more in the mental aspect of trading or "attitude". "Some people have said a lot of things about you V8" s**t I always thought I was my hardest critic, what the F are people saying about me. Haha I don't care and honestly don't want to know. Im sure I have annoyed, angered and pissed off a lot of people and honestly I never meant to.

'I still got to deal with the fact that I've got a job and am the sole breadwinner so I don't have a bunch of time to participate here" The more I take trading from a top down approach htf to stf, the more I realize the less time you really need for trading.

Feel free to post and ask whatever you want in this thread.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 pm

I also have a new challenge for myself this week, just to keep trading interesting for myself.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Libertarian wrote:
v8power wrote:
v8power wrote:
I would be happy to sell price down for you and collect another 100 or 200 more pips. And if I see something I would gladly go long but just to 153.50 at first then maybe up to 155. If not I'll continue what I have been doing since the yearly extreme and selling this sucker lower and lower. 146 looks like a nice place to target.

5 min chart shows simple close over close under trade away from a daily extreme. 1hr chart shows my possible long term idea or possible area to break for a shortgbpjpy-h1-oanda-division1.pnggbpjpy-m5-oanda-division1-2.png

And look what price did just 3 days later. Gave us a short idea from breakout/breakin on the daily. Then kindly went to 146 for +500 pips.gbpjpy-h1-oanda-division1-2.png

You said we could ask you questions, so I hope this doesn't come off as asking to be spoon fed, but WTF is breakout/breakin? Is that the same as a fatcat? Hopefully you know what that is as I believe you haven't read Blind Mouse.

Gotta love 700 pip trades. Remember how I mentioned 146 and 153.50 as areas of interest. "Gotta love it when a plan comes together :mrgreen: " Hannibal from the A-Team

gbpjpy-d1-oanda-division1.png
gbpjpy-d1-oanda-division1.png (104.78 KiB) Viewed 1870 times

Now we look to resell (possibly) it all the way back down for another 700-1000 pips.
gbpjpy-mn1-oanda-division1.png
gbpjpy-mn1-oanda-division1.png (81.24 KiB) Viewed 1867 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Ok so I need to break down angles into a,b,c block simplicity. So lets start at this idea and these to charts "I'm just showing how much faster it is to find cones by focusing on breakouts"
33cc18p.png
33cc18p.png (84.03 KiB) Viewed 1853 times
2hxy4yb2.png
2hxy4yb2.png (32.14 KiB) Viewed 1853 times

Ok my udated chart with questions?
2hxy4yb.png
2hxy4yb.png (35.72 KiB) Viewed 1853 times

Next we have a chart that says "the cone that price enters or will enter (after a BO) is the cone we should pay attention to"
2mhzml5.png
2mhzml5.png (67.63 KiB) Viewed 1853 times

So my updated chart
2hxy4yb1.png
2hxy4yb1.png (37.96 KiB) Viewed 1853 times

And my final chart showing how lost and confused Iam on this whole topic
33cc18p.png
33cc18p.png (99.89 KiB) Viewed 1853 times

Also I do realize I am quoting people and using charts from years ago and that I am probably doing it in a way that they meant or would recommend. This is just how I see things and I need to break things down to learn them.

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Are any of these lines/angles correct or even something that you would draw. What do they show you?
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1.png (90.15 KiB) Viewed 1852 times

v8power

Postby v8power » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:52 pm

Does this show anything.
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1-2.png
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1-2.png (111.92 KiB) Viewed 1848 times

Guess we wait and see?
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1-3.png
eurjpy-m15-oanda-division1-3.png (116.4 KiB) Viewed 1848 times

Return to “TheRumpledOne”